Recommend some Reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Apr 18, 2008.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Im thinking of buying some reissues, but I dont know which ones to buy.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The ones I'm selling? :D 

Serious answer: Whatever ones you're interested in. I'm not overly fond of any of them but on that same note I don't actually hate any of them, either.

3. -KG-

-KG- Why so serious?

If you're looking at getting some re-issues, first I'd recommend getting the Takara ones over the Hasbro one, as they tend to be more accurate to the originals (chrome, weapons). The Predaking re-issue is great with lots of die-cast. The whole TFC collection is great, too.

I recently got the Ratchet and Ironhide Encores. They're pretty good too, but the plastic feels odd.

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

bookstyle reissues, if you have $$$ to spare. you can also start out fresh and collect encores, the first 8 are still fairly easy to find and not that expensive and there's 4 more coming as of now.

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Some of the ones I have are:
    Hasbro Rodimus Prime- Good toy, not my favorite, but is still slick.

Hasbro Starscream - wings don't fit that well, but he's coolest in bot mode!

Hasbro Soundwave - Classics version. Very cool. Comes with 2 cassettes, but some don't like the 2 cassette capacity.

Have 2 others, Hasbro Jazz and Hasbro Prowl. These both are alright. These feel the cheapest out of all the reissues I have. Not that I've messed with too many originals in that mold to compare them too.

I do reissues when the price plays a major part in what I can afford and what kind of condition I'll be able to get. Those 2 I listed last are usually hard to find unbroken, unyellowed, or even at a good price.

And thats just the Hasbro reissues I have. I don't own any of the TFC or Encore. But I hear they are pretty good. But, I mean nothing beats an original!

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If when you were younger, you never had any of the base-bots. i'd recommend the upcoming Encore Metroplex. (one of my G1 grails!)

7. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Avoid TFC Meister/Jazz. I dunno about the American reissue, but the Japanese one is floppy as hell and has a pretty bad face sculpt. If you can, get the recent Encore version. It's not floppy at all and has a good sculpt on its face.

8. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Encore Jazz is a perfect MISB version of G1 Jazz for $40.

Soundwave is probably the best G1 mold in terms of play value- the Encore release is probably easily attainable for $50, while the Hasbro Soundwave reissue with the expanded door can probably be had for as much.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Takara & Encore

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'd go encore - prices are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Hasbro / TFC ones right now!

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I've got a Hasbro reissue Jazz... I'd reccommend getting the Encore instead.

I had the Takara bookstyle reissue Prowl, he was awesome. Sold cause I needed money, though.

Targetmaster Hot Rod is good, too. Aside from Ricochet/Stepper, I think he's the only Targetmaster reissue. Hot Rod is also one of the cooler G1 toys, in my opinion, plus he comes with his old-style, non-Targetmaster guns, which Classics Hot Rod can use. I have the Takara one, I don't know if Hasbro's is any better or worse.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    get either of the reissue ricochets....or BOTH :thumbs2: 

13. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put together an entire collection of Hasbro book style reissues to keep MISB. After I had the set complete I started to get the TFC bookstyle of the figures that Hasbro didn't release. After getting a few of the TFC reissues I fell in love with the box design. The quality of the box and included inserts are very nice. Now I have put together a complete TFC collection and just have the Hasbro reissues to fill in the ones that TFC didn't release. I am still waiting on a few of them to arrive in the mail as I was able to piece it together on the sale forums and ebay over the past month for about $1000 shipped. I am now working on some of the e-hobby reissues and am also getting the encores. My favorite of the bunch are the TFC bookstyle collection from Takara. I would only get the e-hobby stuff if you want something rare or different(they are expensive as most are limited production to 1000 or so). If box style does not matter to you then the encore line or hasbro reissues will be the cheapest to aquire. I was able to get many of my hasbro reissues for around $20-25 shipped when I purchased them in lots.

14. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I say encore. I have all but Skylinx and they are great. Plus you can't beat the G1 style packaging.

15. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have tru powermaster prime and starscream as well as the more recent soundwave, encore g1 prime and jazz. theyre all great.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I went with encore and takara.Those 2 are the best around

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    TRU Reissue Soundwave

or

Red Alert/Sideswipe is also good.

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    TFC and e-hobby.you dont need much more.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Omega Supreme is coming out soon. That will be awesome.

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Go with Encore for most of them, but especially Jazz. Certain problems with previous reissues, like Jazz's melty face and roof tab, are corrected in those versions. It's also going to be the cheapest Soundwave reissue you can get, minus perhaps the Hasbro one if you get a good deal. However, the TFC versions come with more stuff - the energy axe and mace for Megatron and Prime, a scaled Megatron gun for Starscream to hold, Ravage, Season 1 Minibots, etc. Encore will be the only way to get Omega Supreme, Metroplex, or Sky Lynx.

Hasbro's reissues often have some accessories that have been modified, like missile length/thickness or lack of chrome, but the figures themselves are fine. TFC includes lots of stuff not yet re-released, like the Insecticons, Perceptor, Kup or Blaster, but the tradeoff is the much higher cost for many of them, especially now after the line's ended and with post-movie popularity. On the reverse side, Takara never reissued certain cars like Red Alert, Hoist, or Grapple in the TFC line (but all those plus the seekers, Ratchet and Ironhide were in the rare and much more expensive eHobby line). Thankfully, Encore has you covered for Ratchet, Ironhide, Skywarp and Thundercracker now.

If I were you, I'd pick and choose from each line.