Recommend Some MUST HAVE Beast Wars Figures to Me!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 24, 2012.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Just like the title reads. Recommend some MUST HAVES. I think the reason I'm such a Beast Wars fan (even though they were past my prime) is that Grimlock has always been my favorite character and he has the original beast mode.

I already have:

TRU 10th Anniversary Primal

Big Convoy

Universe Leo Prime (Both Red and White Versions)

Universe Cheetor

Universe Dinobot

Animated Blackarachnia

Animated Waspinator

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The original Rattrap is a fun little toy.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Rampage and Depth Charge. Also, if you don't care about show accuracy in terms of paint, the Universe Depth Charge is absolutely gorgeous.

4. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    What about Sky Byte? I've been thinking about getting him for quite awhile now.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Transmetal Megatron.
    Optimal Optimus.
    I like Silverbolt too.
    Tarantulus is just an awesome character.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frustrating transformation (but somewhat rewarding once you can get it down pat without parts flying off), but an absolutely gorgeous deco on that toy.

Second the Depth Charge nomination. Neat transformation, and that disk launcher gimmick of his is stupidly fun. Rampage is a less impressive toy, but his tank mode is pretty cool.

You really can't go wrong with any of the Transmetal molds. They're all excellent.

I'm also quite partial to TMII Scourge (Predacon bio-warfare ninja!) but have fun finding one with chrome intact, or preserving the chrome in the advent that you do.

TM2 Spittor is also an awesome Basic/Scout figure.

Unfortunately, pre-Transmetal, I find most of the show characters to have some of the weakest toys. The Ultra Leaders aside.

7. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for all of the recommendations thus far.

Please keep 'em coming!!

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well as far as the ones I own...

TM Depth Charge
    TM Cheetor
    TM Rattrap
    TM Tarantulas
    TM2 Blackarachia
    Quickstrike
    Snapper
    Bat Primal
    Aligator Meg

... and then there's the Ultra Primal & Megs, even though I think their Transmetal variants are better.

9. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    TM2 Megatron...holy crap... amazing.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    What's been already mentioned
    Rampage
    Inferno
    TM Terrorsaur
    Shadow Panther

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'm a big fan of the Transmetals, as an overall segment, be it the originals or the Armada recolors.

I'd also recommend the Universe 1 redeco of Depth Charge. A great mold in a beautiful color set, and not prone to chipping like his original version.

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Sky-Byte is cool and all, but he's from RiD despite being a Beast Wars mold.

That said, TMII Cybershark doesn't look half bad. And if you really don't care what series the toy belongs to, then by all means grab the lovable shark. And his bumbling underlings too, (Dark Scream, Gas Skunk, Slapper) as they're fun to play with.

I'd get Transmetal Cheetor, as the toys for the character went downhill quickly after that one, IMO. Animated Waspinator is also kind of a poor substitute for the original or Transmetal Waspinator, since they're really not the same character. Tigerhawk is a MUST. Rampage is a MUST, and if you get him, then you really need Depth Charge. Inferno is a great one too. And either the original or Transmetal Rattrap.

I'd avoid Scourge like the Plague. Unless you just want to keep him MISP, because that chrome won't merely flake off - it'll molt off. Recipe for heartache, and the toy itself doesn't do much in either mode. TMII Megatron has a gorgeous dragon mode, easily the best in the entire franchise to date...unless blue and ice are your things in which case Cryotek takes the cake. Just don't transform them into robot mode.

I will also say that Manterror is great as a bug transformer. Maybe not the best, but definitely fun.

13. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Most of the transmetals are pretty good. Scavenger (or inferno) with the drills is an AWESOME toy to own.

14. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    this guy: http://tfsource.com/public_img/reduced-bwmegatr-l.jpg

thinking of re-buying it myself, it was my first Transformer figure, that i can remember anyway. So many hours were spent playing Jurassic Park with it and fighting Power Rangers, or Trex vs Gorillla matches when i got Optiimus Primal. Shame i'm not that fond of Beast wars anymore

15. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Well-Known Member

I have almost all of the show characters and I don't think that there's one that I don't like (well, maybe Rhinox)

But I within the last year I got Transmetal Optimus Primal and I'm so mad at myself for not getting him as a kid. He's become one of my favorite toys ever, in any toy line.

Waspinator is always fun too and I'll throw in another vote for Depth Charge.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Robot masters Optimus primal. Nuff said

17. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ooohh....this is very difficult, but this is so my thread....First off I think Beast Wars is one of the greatest if not the greatest TF series ever(dont get mad but thats just me dudes). Ive been collecting them ever since they started......take a look at my pic and maybe you might see some interesting ones...

My personal favs:

Dinobot(one of my very first TFs)
    Inferno
    Tigerhawk
    TM2 Rattrap

Hell I love them all;) 

[​IMG]

18. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Basics are the best, for the most part.

Not in any particular order (except Razorclaw cause he's boss).

1. Razorclaw - Best TF ever, great sculpt/articulation/paint/weapons/etc.
    2. Transquito - Laughably bad, as he's way too big and based off of a gimmick, but I still like him.
    3. Spittor - Fun guy with a great beast mode and awesome colors.
    4. Snarl - Beast mode is meh, but I love his robot mode. It's like the embodiment of a Maximal.
    5. Iguanus - Cool headsculpt and paint. I wish mine was still together, though, as he's just a head now, lol.
    6. Insecticon - Same as Iguanus. I really liked his crossbow. Unfortunately, like Iguanus, mine is also not complete.
    7. Drill Bit - Like Transquito, he sucks, but he sucks even more (too many legs). But yet, like Transquito, I still like him, lol.
    8. TMII Stinkbomb - Really nice figure. Doesn't get any notice, though.
    9. Panther - Robot mode sucks, but I enjoy his alt mode. That cat looks quite disgusted, lol.
    10. Armordillo - An armadillo! I like him. Fun weapons.
    11. Cheetor - Quite cool and accurate.
    12. Tarantulas - Same as Cheetor. Love this guy. Wish his torso locked together better, though.
    13. Waspinator - He's Waspinator. Simple as that.
    14. Inferno - Huge and brilliant. Could use some paint, but he's still bloody awesome.
    15. Scavenger - One word - LEGS. Take the ant legs away, though, and he's pretty fun.
    16. Optimus Primal (Bat) - Springy and archaic, but he looks nice with his swords.
    17. Megatron (Crocodile) - Same mold as Iguanus (but with new heads). Iguanus is better, but Megs is still cool.
    18. Rhinox - Eh, too kibbly. Rhinox is cool, but this figure suffers. Headsculpt is nice, though.
    19. Bonecrusher - Like Transquito, he's based off of a similar gimmick, but he pulls it off much better.
    20. Jetstorm - Another one based off of a gimmick. Not that popular and his paint scheme is odd, but he's one of my favorites.
    21. Silverbolt - Show-accurate, and he's a nice toy.
    22. Quickstrike - Same as Silverbolt. Fun hands.
    23. Sky Shadow - Similar to Transquito and Jetstorm. Not bad. Fun hands as well.
    24. Torca - Big beefy deluxe. I quite like him. I wish he had some kind of huge-ass hammer, though. It'd be more fitting than his little watergun.
    25. TM Cheetor - Not bad. Fun, but he has a weird head.
    26. Depth Charge - Big and awesome and kibbly.
    27. Injector - A crazy-ass monstrosity like Transquito, but he manages to actually be fun toy.
    28. Air Hammer - Yet another Fuzor with awesome hands. Kinda stressful transformation (mine broke :( )
    29. TM Megatron - A great figure. Suffers from GPS, so be careful.
    30. Buzzclaw - Simple and fun. Colors are blegh, though.
    31. TM Terrorsaur - Not bad. Doesn't stay together as well as I'd like, though.
    32. TM Rhinox - Much better than the normal Rhinox.
    33. TM Waspinator - Colors aren't that good, but he's a nice figure.
    34. TMII Cheetor - He's alright. Bland colors. You can make a fun werecat thing like Ravage was in the Gathering.
    35. TMII Spittor - Another awesome toy with awesome colors.
    36. TMII Sonar - Cool alt mode, but her robot mode is a little wobbly.
    37. TMII Scarem - My first TF. I like him. Really cool robot mode.
    38. TMII Iguanus - Not as good as the first Iguanus, but he's alright. Colors are odd, but he has a cool head.
    39. TMII Jawbreaker - Terrible alt mode that does not like to stay together, but his robot mode is pretty fun and unique.
    40. TMII Dinobot - He looks cooler than he actually is in robot mode, but his alt mode is pretty awesome.

19. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator

News Credits:
    There are a lot of awesome toys that have been mentioned already. TM Depthcharge, Tigerhawk, any Megs, any Primal. For me, all the fuzors including the mutants. I am only missing Magmatron, who I will get eventually. There is just something unique and strange about them that I haven't found in any other transformers. Now granite they don't all make the best "toys" but their still pretty damn cool IMO.

20. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for all of the responses ladies and gentlemen...it is much appreciated.

What about B'boom and Bighorn?

I just ordered them off of BBTS's clearance sale.

Did I make a mistake?