Recommend PSOne classics and Mini's.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Jan 20, 2012.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Disclaimer: I know theres a thread for recommending PS3 games, but these aren't PS3 games. But if the mods don't think they deserve seperate threads, then it's cool.

The PSN doesn't offer just DLC and PS3 games, they also have a plethora of much cheaper PSOne games and Minis, which are basically flash games.
    Go ahead and recommend some. :p 

Of the ones I have so far, I can definitely recommend the PSP version of Angry Birds. Why? ... It's frigging Angry Birds. What more do you want.

There's a lot of great PS1 games, but I can definitely say that the Spyro games are worth the price of admission.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WildARMs, Lunar The Silver Star Story and Final Fantasy.

3. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Tomba!

Is Tail Concerto available? That game made no sense. IIRC, you were a fox driving a mech with flyswatters for arms and you shot bubbles to trap pigs which you scooped up and flung into the Tesla coils on your back.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Legend of Dragoon. totally epic. Great and deep story, better graphics than FFVII. Its almost a crime it never got a sequel .

Don't have a PS3 but I have played and beat it on PS1 and its well worth what ever they are charging for if it its available.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    N.O.V.A. A PSP mini that can be played on the PS3. It's got a creative control scheme to make up for the PSP's lack of second analog. The voice acting can be a mess, and the story isn't anything to write home about, but it's a fun diversion.

6. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chrono trigger and chrono cross are must haves, both excellent square rpgs

7. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Coolboarders 3, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears for myself, and the first 3 Crash Bandicoot games for a friend.

8. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I concur on Legend of Dragoon. Only RPG I've played and beaten 8 times over many years. Story is amazing and I still get excited to play it about every year. Xenogears is great but I've never beaten it because its so long.

I would definetly grab Front Mission 3. Amazing strategy mecha game and in my opinion way ahead of its time.