Recommend me some good RID and Armada figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've been wanting to get into these lines a lot more, but would be interested in reading some of your recommendations. Here is what I have from both thus far:

RID/Car Robots
    • Sam's Club Yellow Fire Convoy
    • Devil Gigatron
    Armada
    • Megatron
    • Starscream

p.s. Also, what are some good Cybertron and Energon figures that are worth collecting?

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

RID Scourge. 'Nuff said.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

RID to get:

Prime
    Magnus
    railracer

Armada to get:

Nemesis prime
    deluxe prime
    overload

that is all

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Umm...Unicron?

As far as Cybertron goes, I can definitely recommend Optimus Prime, Vector Prime and Primus.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here are some of my recomendations from the lines:

RID-
    -Optimus Prime
    -Mega-Octane
    -Ro-tor
    -Movor
    -Rollbar
    -Armorhide

Armada-
    -Smokescreen

Energon-
    -Galvatron
    -Wing Saber (don't own one, but want one)

Cybertron-
    -Optimus Prime
    -Vector Prime
    -Excellion
    -Skywarp

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    In RiD, almost every figure is awesome. Rail Racer is the best after Prime, who you already have. You might want Magnus to combine with Prime, though I never got him. The Car Bros are highly detailed and posable, but a pain to transform. Everything else is repainted older molds, but they're awesome too (most notably Scourge and Dreadwind)

Armada doesnt have nearly as much to offer. Unicron is an amazing figure, everything else ranges from mediocre to bad. Most people would recommend the deluxe Prime, but I found him a bit lacking. I would recommend Demolishor and Thrust, but most people wouldnt. You might want Tidal Wave to combine with your Megatron. He's big and interesting, but not very posable.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If you like Small,Cheap transformers. I found Spychangers and Minicons to be tons of fun.

But I might be in the minority there.

9. Satomiblood

I also bought a Powerlinx Jetfire recently. Sadly, I'm a bit disappointed in the figure. Nothing to do with the seller obviously. But I'm looking to get one of the characters he can combine with to maximize its appeal.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

rid: magnus and the three car brothers. even though you've got the sam's club prime, I'd get the original color, just because the scheme's so awesome. the two autobot combiners are cool, but I don't feel they're as nifty as everyone else says they are.

armada: tidal wave. get the japanese one in the show color scheme though. also, even though you have starscream, I'd go for thundercracker and skywarp as well.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    there's a ton of good figures throughout those series...the spychangers can be really fun....the RID brothers are cool, armada demolisher and cyclonus are really cool, and plenty from energon and cybertron are really cool. can't think of names at the moment though. however, i'm selling a bunch, so check my thread

12. Satomiblood

Hmm...Tidal Wave indeed looks cool.

I'm not big on the Armada Prime though.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

No way, Armada Cyclonus is awful. I have Hot Shot too but Cyclonus is still the only one I'd rather sell than keep.

Armada Red Alert isn't bad either, by the way.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh yeah, armada red alert is really cool...and i still dig cyclonus...he's funky, but i love him....and armada prime is cool, his auto transform trailer is sweet...

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

From RID:

If you can find them in either the Yellow Wal Mart set or the Green Devastator set, the Build Team. Apart they're not all that much, but the combined mode is pretty badass imo. And I suggest the sets because the single packed ones come in a rainbow of ugly when combined together.

The Car Bros, at least one of each mold. They're really not that hard to transform imo, nothing like an alt or anything. Personally, I find them sorta simple in that they're mainly shell-formers.

Ruination, because G1 combiners are cool~

And most of all, get Scourge. He's *the best* Black Optimus Prime repaint AND character ever made imo. His oil tanker alt mode, with that sexy silver/cromed trailer really works towards his total evilness, especially since it's packed with weapons. His Cab/Truck mode looks great in black and gives him a good size and siloutte fitting of one of the Badest assed D-cons to ever roll out. And depsite being simple to transform and possessing limited joints, he's both fun to change back and forth AND can be put in some down right hot poses. Throw in his big red sword and some back lighting to get his red lightpiping going and the mold really looks like it was meant to be evil.

From Armada:

Get a Prime, any Prime. Though many people will say it sucks, I personally like the 'Super-Pants' Prime. His truck and cab mode is the right size for my tastes in comparison to other line's Deluxe and Voyager classes, he comes with a trailer that's actually a trailer(was never fond of "Firetruckamus Prime" myself). His main gimmick is fun and works great imo, he's got himself that classic, big ol' Prime Gun, and overall I think he's a fun toy. Though the deluxe works too.

Tidalwave, a definate buy. He's so simple, and stiff, but he's a big, lovable lug who will destroy you as soon as look at you! Seriously though, half his fun is his simplicity, because he just looks cool standing around all blank faced and bad assed.

Hoist, or any version of this mold (Personally if I didn't already have Hoist, I'd get Longrack for the better head and BW2 nod). He's a bot who looks like he doesn't even belong in any of these lines. His minicon 'gimmick' is non-existant, infact he's packed with a Minicon that has it's own gimmick because there's absolutly no reason to attach him to Hoist. He's highly posable, easy to transform and looks good in both mode...assuming you don't mind the Giganto-arm crane (I actually like the arm).

Wheeljack, just because. So his arm articulation is wonky at best, his knees are absurdly and unnecessarily loose, and his head can't turn and for some reason only one wrist can...but dammit, he's still cool. There's something to be said for a TF that has never had an official repaint in anyway because there's a giant scar going right through his Autobot emblem molded into his chest.

And while all the other things I've suggested were molds I own, this one is going to be an exception.

Get Unicron. Just because he *is* Unicron. For the record, the only reason I don't own his is due to space and finacial restrictions, as he's just too big and too expensive for me to hunt down. But if I could, I would, and gladly have him tower over both my 'bots and my 'cons as he should.

Also, though not limited to just Armada, it is where it started.

Get Minicons. Lots of em. None specific as I don't bother to learn their names, but find the ones you like and just stock up. Those little things are some of the coolest TFs to come out in a long while imo. Especially the ones made with the intention of being stand alone bots.

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

RiD:

Scourge. YES. Do it.
    Prime is awesome, but to maximize fun, get a Magnus to go with him.
    Sideburn, Prowl and X-Brawn are all sweet, though Sideburn and X-Brawn may take a little bit to figure out. Also, all three fit in/on Magnus's trailer. More play value!
    Rail Racer is sweet. Just be smarter than me and make sure you're getting him in good condition. My Midnight Express lost an arm because the balljoint pretty much gave me the finger. Other joints (notably his legs) are also loose. Still a LOT of fun though.
    Landfill is also pretty sweet, but he's more towards the bottom of the list. Awesome idea for a combiner, not the best execution. He had articulation and stuff... but it's really hard to use.

I can't say anything about Mega/Galvatron, as I only have a REALLY crappy KO. :( 

Armada:

Deluxe Prime is simple and neat.
    Wheeljack is pretty awesome.
    Now, I actually LIKE Hot Shot... but a lot of people don't. Though, if you go read Grimlock_13's comics, you may end up wanting one anyway.
    Blurr is a cool figure (I have the Cybertron recolor/mold), but very back heavy.

Don't really know any more Armada figures. I'd avoid Sideswipe. Cool headsculpt clashes with a pretty crappy toy. That's why I like Cybertron Runamuck. He just oozes stupid. :) 

17. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I find the combining minicons to be awesome.
    Right now my Laser Magnus is holding a Skyboom sheild.

My other two teams are sitting on their own right now.
    I don't own any decepticon "Evil" enough to weild the Darksaber,
    and I don't realy like the big canon.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    RID:
    Prime
    Magnus
    X-Brawn
    Railracer
    Ruination
    Scourge

Armada:
    Bendy Prime
    Tidal Wave
    Wheeljack
    Skywarp
    Overload

Energon:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Inferno
    Rodimus

Cybertron:
    Prime
    Megatron
    Wingsaber
    Scourge
    Soundwave
    Starscream

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    RID:
    Scourge
    Car Bros
    Megabolt, if you can find one cheap enough (or if you read Shane's comic)

I'm gonna have to nix the trains, mostly because of my dissatisfactions with my own set.

Armada:
    The only really good mold not on your list is Deluxe Prime (or any of his recolors)...
    Unicron is a must, though.

Energon:
    Sharkticon (if you get him, you have to get Insecticon as well, for the weapons)

Cybertron:
    You are a fool if you don't have Downshift (get Big Daddy, much better)
    Unicron
    Sideways
    Soundwave
    TDP GF Dark Fang Wolf (from Japan... Pricey but worth it)

20. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits: