recommend me some good Hulk TPB's

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    okay, so i got into hulk with the prelude to planet hulk TPB, and have been reading it since then...but i want to read other good stuff from before pak's run...does anyone have any good suggestions? i've heard peter david had a good run, just not sure what titles to look for...

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd recommend the Incredible Hulk Visionaries Peter David series, which collects stuff from his first Hulk run in the 80s-90s. Also his Hulk The End story is pretty good. Other than that...um, there's Bruce Jones' run, some people like that but it doesn't really have the Hulk in it that much and the ending is screwy. I'd say Planet Hulk but you seem to have that covered. That's about all I can recommend for Hulk stories.

Oh wait, and hulk Future Imperfect. Although I forget if that was ever reprinted or not.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

The Essentials are usually pretty cheap if they still make them. They're black and white but a cheap read. Not sure if they reprinted the Dogs of War storyline or not, it was pretty good. Here's another good read:
    [​IMG]

4. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Not part of a collection as such, but if you can find Hulk #300, that has the Hulk just beating the living bejesus out of the rest of the Marvel Universe. And isn't that how it should be?

As far as collections go, Rampaging Hulk was just collected, and while one of the more offbeat Hulk-related things, and technically not canonical, it is drawn by Walter Simonson, and is, as such, awesome.

Also, there was a damn good series called "Banner", done by Brian Azzerello (I misspelled that, I know and I'm sorry), and Richard Corben (who rocks) that was really entertaining. A darker take on the Hulk, but still just friggin' awesome.

5. gil

gil Godmaster

Yeah, what this guy said. Something to keep in mind though, is that The End and Future Imperfect is in the same trade (at least, the last one I saw), so make sure you don't buy it twice.

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I personally liked Bruce Jones' run on the Hulk. Its just that the end is really rushed because he either left or was removed before he could finish fleshing it all out. Its pretty much an opposite of Planet Hulk though, with Bruce on the run and all kinds of conspiracies going on around him and various others related to the Hulk. If nothing else the covers for most of his run were some of the best ever, imo.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Sort of a side note, but Hulk related:

I'm playing the Hulk game for 360. I unlocked Classic Hulk. He looks just like the Hulk off the Secret Wars TPB. Playing as him, I want to see him lift a mountain!

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah the 80s-90s Peter David Hulk were all awesome...i really liked his merged Hulk stories.

9. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

This. Boiling Point is for me is one of the high points of the Jones run.

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    The first trade of Bruce Jones run, with Romita Jr on art is actually really good. The story and art go waaaaay down after that though, and the end is really bizarre.