Customs: Recomend me some online hobby shops

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wyvern, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'm looking to do some customizing but don't have any hobby shops around me locally. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out a bit and recomend me some online hobby shops that carry Tamiya paints and Gundam markers.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    LOL. Anybody?

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I'm not sure about the Gundam markers, but I get a lot of sheet, tube, and thin styrene strips from hobbylinc.com.

Check 'em out here: HobbyLinc

They have a lot of plastic, tools, paints, and even model kits. This should help you out with quite a bit, man. As for the Gundam markers, maybe check your local comic book shop? Back in Florida I grew up in and around this local comic shop and the lady that owns it knew me well enough to pick up basically anything I wanted or needed, so I'd just ask her to order something and she'd have it in less than a week. She started stocking Gundam markers for me and others around the time that Gundam Wing was airing on Cartoon Network and the model kits were EVERYWHERE (I miss seeing those damn things in Wal-Mart--I picked up a LOT of them and use the ball joints, hands, and connectors on a lot of different customs and WIP stuff). Anyway, check there and maybe see if they could order them for you or something. Other than that, maybe try HobbyLinkJapan (HLJ)--they also have paints and supplies, but they're located in Japan, which may or may not be good for you (depending on how much shipping might be).

That should get you started, bro. Hope to see some of your stuff on here.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

HLJ has loads of things that are good for nothing BUT customizing. They go from single hinge joints to $100 foot-tall kits and everything in between. Shipping sucks, but they're still the cheapest place to go for this kind of stuff for me, as nowhere within 50 miles of me stocks Armored Core weapon kits which look great for Alternators and Masterpeices.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the TF sale at HLJ. Might pick up some paints and markers while I'm at it. Save a little on shipping..

6. SnakeEyesFan97

SnakeEyesFan97 I'll show you a profile!!