Recently lost my iPhone and forgot to sync it.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Xandr@Sideswp's, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Xandr@Sideswp's

Xandr@Sideswp's Well-Known Member

My iPhone recently got stolen before I had a chance to sync it to iTunes. Is everything I bought directly to the phone lost or is there a way to recover all the stuff I purchased?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Purchases are fine. Be on a wireless network and try and buy it again and it will let you download it again for free. Unless its music, not sure if that has changed at all but previously you were SOL when trying to redownload :( 

3. Xandr@Sideswp's

Thanks. I'll try redownlading on my account.

4. Xandr@Sideswp's

Are my contacts and all my photos gone as well, or are they still on my iTunes account. (My laptop is in the shop, I won't be able to check for another day or two.)

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

If you've backed up previously, yes, you can restore those numbers and stuff. If not, again, you're SOL, sorry :( 

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    If you're looking to retrieve missing music contact the iTunes Store Support at Apple - Support - iTunes Go to the little "Get Customer Service" section and click on "Music Purchases" then "Lost or Missing items" then over to the right click on the 'email us' button and follow the on screen prompts filling in the required field.

You'll typically get a response in 48 hours. What they can offer is a one time regrant of your purchase history if you've never asked for one before. The regrant will also vary on if the content is still on the iTunes Store, if it's pricing has changed, or the artist changed anything, etc.

Also if you're curious about still having a back, check the computer and go into iTunes and go Edit > Preferences > Devices and look for available back ups.

7. Xandr@Sideswp's

Thanks.