Recently a discussion about Movie 3 to be the final episode of Transfomers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kensou, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

The discussion about Movie 3 to be the final episode of Transfomers Movie seems popular? IIs Transformers 3 really going to be the last of the live-action Transformers films? Personally I do not agree with that. Since the toy line has been busy with any kind productions, many other figures in classic animated have not appeared. It would be a waste without the relevant toys coming out with more new movies. But movie actors or actresses may be tired about more filming. Is it possible for actors to perform well and for Michael Bay to make the soty go on?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Let it be the final episode of Bay's interpretation. I've had enough of him; bring on a reboot.

3. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  4. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

You started a thread to discuss the exact same topic in another thread? Okay. . .

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Bay wants out to do other things, the actors want out to other things, Hasbro has it's hands full with a new network, new cartoons, and developing other properties into movies. Just doesn't seem like many people are clambering for a Transformers 4 outside of the fandom.

Plus Hasbro was making Transformers toys for almost 25 years before the first movie came out so Hasbro will be making Transformers toys long after the current film franchise is over.

6. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I think Shia said somewhere that he at least was done with the series and "had to get it right for the last one" but He never thought there was going to be a 2nd, so who knows. I would only want it to continue if the next movie is as good or close to the first, I loved ROTF but if its a repeat I'll be very disappointed.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya know, even tho I've had my criticisms, the films have also brought me a certain level of enjoyment.

But it is time for a reboot with another team at the helm.

8. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I dont understand all this reboot talk they are still full swing in a franchise...and it didnt tank by any means wtf would they reboot it, they are not going too. That is like saying the current Batman franchise "is getting old" so lets go back to nipple suits and Jim Carrey. BTW Im not directing this at anyone in particular just the "reboot" talk in general.

9. Ash from Carolina

It feels like in their attempts to always go bigger that they have pretty much done just about everything but Unicron. You've killed Prime and Megatron both already and brought both of them back to life. You've already killed a god-like creature in The Fallen. At some point you will have pulled out all the major McGuffins. With the way the Autobots and military kill off Decepticons at some point you will have killed off all the A-list Decepticons.

Batman on the other hand still has enough of his rouges gallery left to do more films since it isn't built on going bigger and killing off characters but built more around which really cool Batman villain can we use next. Batman/Bruce Wane also seems to develop a bit more as a character each film while Transformers has the problem of where do you go once Sam is grown up and what do you do if Shia LaBeouf does other films once his three films are up.

10. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Its giant fighting robots! go big or go home! :)  I was just voicing that I think all the outcry for a reboot already is moot since its still an ongoing series. Reboots happen when movies go epic fail, Like Superman Returns , its now getting a reboot,some are calling Wolverine 2 a reboot because it has a new director. Tron is getting relived, LOTR Revisited. Batman is a reboot. I mentioned Batman because it is an incredibly successful franchise like Transformers, and wont be getting rebooted. I would love to see JJ Abrams finish his Star Trek trilogy and come and do a Transformers movie, in the same movie verse.
    You are right though but also I think you helped proved my point even more...they have done everything big except Unicron so a reboot(on paper) would just end up repeating material, unless they found a way to do Beast Wars and/or get some fresh story lines going.
    The TF's basically have space left and more environmental issues like an earth fuel crisis for story lines(if they continue using G1 references) and looks like TF3 is going to space. I think the series has painted any chance of a reboot into a corner with no way out. That might be on purpose.

11. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Now how the hell does one go from here:
    to here?

No one is ever or has ever said such a thing!

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Really? I'd have preferred going back to Michelle Pfeiffer and no Robin if we were gonna take THAT route, but that's just me.

13. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I referenced the batman series because it is going great right now and no-one would ever think about rebooting it. TF's is making a lot of people a lot of money right now and there are a lot of people really happy. To make more sequels is a no brainer with the right script and director anything is possible. But reboots dont happen to good/lucrative movies, thats all Im sayin

14. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Current Batman series is great because it's rebooted. Same thing could happen to Transformers.

15. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    No, Batman isn't great because it was re-booted... it is great because of how it was re-booted.

16. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    It makes too much money as is to reboot and people love it, obviously you do to since your Avatar is a movie prime. The series might
    continue In its current form under a new director but Hollywood doesnt give two fricks what G1 fans want, the writers do sometimes and then they water that down with explosions bad humor and tits.

Agreed.

17. Ash from Carolina

As great as the Batman movies are they are going to get rebooted at some point. It's just kind of like with the cartoons. Batman the Animated Series was one of the coolest cartoons ever but at some point they needed a new jumping on point for people so the series ended and new series with a new style took it's place.

Or just look at the Spiderman franchise. The third Spiderman film took in $890 million. But when there was a falling out with the director and he left and the stars left it was decided to reboot rather than force a new creative team to do films in the same style and continuity as the previous Spiderman films.

They also consider rebooting films now when the public interest starts to drop off rather than waiting for the franchise to totally crash and burn. So Dark of the Moon could make a respectable $600 million but they might decide the series was on the decline so it was time to reboot.