Recent updates from TakaraTomy website

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GabrielPrime, Jul 4, 2010.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^If you are talking about the Transformers Universe "G1 Prime" mould, it was released along with Tank Megs, but the problem was his mid-section swivel-and loose joints which made posing a pain in the ass....It didn't help that the cab mode was a complete afterthought, much like th design for the Robot Master Prime...In short, there was no love whatsoever for this undervalued Universe Prime, first seen in a muted color release...Even repackaging this so-so mould under the "Collection"-Black Box- Universe banner was not successful...he became a "shelve-warmer" toy here in Malaysia too.
    I have a loose one, and wedged a piece of paper in the torso are where is spins, and he's neat, but not great still...

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People are complaining about the cost. Really?

When the club Punch/Counterpunch came out at $60 people were complaining about cost and missed out on the preorder. It's going for easily double that now. The normal release Classics Hot Rod is going for $50-$60 loose now. The normal release Henkei Hot Rod is going for $90-$100 now.

And you're complaining about $60 for a limited run clear Takara release?!?!?!?!

3. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

How do you buy this?

4. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Why is Buzz in monochrome?

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The biggest complaints are the spin punch gimmick, and the truck mode. Loose joints are figure by figure thing. Are depend on factors that were in play when the figure was cast.

People who are still complaining about the spinning gimmick must have reading comprehension problems. As the spinning gimmick LOCKS IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PULL OUT ON THE SWITCH ON HIS BACK THAT MAKES HIM SPIN! Rant over. The complaints about the truck mode do make some sense as the robot chest protrudes out from the robot abs like a muscular human. It's to make him look heroic, but it makes truck mode look funny. He legs also don't collapse. Meaning the truck is long and floppy if you've got one where the parts don't fit tightly.

6. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Eh, not impressed with the prime fig. Too loose in the joints, dont care for spinny thing, not impressed at all. Wish I never got him. Not going to get this set cause the toy just doesn't have any good qualities except for it looks like prime. Pass.

7. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    OH BABY! Good to see Takara-Tomy giving the official word now that this ain't just some south-east asian con exclusive.......

Good times........ Expensive! But good times.........

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Lol. So did not notice that! Im gonna try that on my Prime fig. :D 

9. Flint

Flint Master of Useless Info

That sons of Cybertron set is Really nice. I might have to crack open my piggy Bank and order one.

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'd get this set solely for the Rodimus. That particular Prime mold, though, is garbage.