Recent deaths in Marvel and G.I. Joe comics...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Autobot Dave, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could fill me in on who's died the past few years in the Marvel and G.I. Joe universes. My ML packages say that Banshee and Psylocke bit it (stinkin' Legacy Virus); and the 25th Anniversary Joe thread says that Lady Jaye's dead.

So uhh... I haven't picked up comics in a few years... who all's bit it?

Thanks gang!

Have fun!!!

2. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Trying to tell you who has died recently in the Marvel Universe makes my brain hurt. But I can tell you about the ones you mentioned. Banshee died last year in X-Men: Deadly Genesis. He was killed by Vulcan, Cyclops and Havok's younger brother.

Psylocke died a few years ago in X-Treme X-Men. I think Vargas was the guy that killed her, but she came back shortly before House of M (almost two years ago?). I don't know all the details.

And here we go, Wikipedia's list of GI Joe casualties, listed chronologically. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_casualties#G.I._Joe

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

G.I. Joe saw quite alot of deaths in the recent years. Lady Jaye being one that you mentioned.
    • Daemon was killed by Serpentor in Devil's Due #28
    • Flash and Mainframe were Killed-in-action during the second invasion of Cobra Island in DD #25 in an explosion
    • Chuckles :(  Killed by Coil agent, Overlord during the second invasion of Cobra Island in DD #25. This remains in question, as Chuckles was originally scripted to fake his death against Overlord while Brandon Jerwa was writing the comic, but when Jerwa was replaced by Joe Casey, the situation was never resolved.
    • Hardball and Rampart - Killed by Red Shadow agents in DD #38.
    • Lady Jaye - Killed by Dela Eden of the Red Shadows in DD #42. Confirmed dead in DD #43. First major character killed.
    • Dr. Mindbender - Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning. He was later revived in G.I. Joe #140 by Cobra Commander as a clone with most if not all memories of the original.
    • Dr. Mindbender's clone - Shot and murdered by Cobra Commander in issue #41 of the Devil's Due series.
    • Big Boa - Killed by Red Shadow agents.
    • Overlord - Coil general who died in an explosion (detonated by Scanner) at a remote base while attempting to murder Duke, Snake-Eyes and Scarlett in Devil's Due Publishing's G.I. Joe #41.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_casualties

*edit* - Bah, Primevil beat me to it.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was working at DD when they killed Chuckles. It was actually supposed to be someone more popular but Hasbro wasn't having it. And I find that odd since they let Lady Jaye bite it a year later.

And I love that there was a Joe named Skidmark.

5. DevilzFan

Chuckles was always one of my favorites :( 

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh shucks!? They killed off Lady Jaye!? Dang! She was one of the hotter female Joes...

As for Marvel...I believed Thanos passed on recently.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know what really blew about Chuckles' death?

It was one-panel, and -right after- he'd had a personal miniseries.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    they killed chuckles and LJ?!!!

eh, at least it wasnt like when hama did it in the old comics with them being shot in a hole by that viper jerk, wonder what happened to him.

9. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, that dude got chopped up and turned into a cyborg.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    can you give the longer version?

my memorys only up until the good guys caught up with the douche but couldnt do anything to him on account of international laws or summat.

the douche then promptly did a table dance with some harem chick.

11. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Going total recollection, but he got turned into Overkill, basically. And I think was left a limbless torso in a desert or something.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Red Shadows. BAH. An inferior usage of the name. The original 1980s UK Red Shadows were a far nastier terrorist organisation. Baron Ironblood must be rolling in his grave.

13. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Technically he's playing possom, but everyone believes Recondo is dead. Killed by Major Blood.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i thought its bludd.

15. DevilzFan

It is.

And the S.A.W. Viper that killed Doc, Crankcase, Quickkick, etc, in the pit, was indeed turned into Overkill.

16. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well Bludd also took an injury, got the Skywalker hand removal done to him.

Also Snake eyes drowned and died, body snatched by the Red Ninjas and was revived and was a killing machine for them until Storm Shadow helped bring him about.

Also the famous news guy from Joe & TF was killed, I forget his name but he was car bombed.

One that isn't a death to me, it's how we are being run, Cobra Commander was the Secretary of Defense for a while. (Honestly I kinda wish this was a real life thing)

I also thing Destro's son might died, shot when trying to rescue Scarlet.

One of the Crimson Twins is dead just dunno which one. (same bitch that killed Lady Jaye killed him but I guess that bitch finally got hers cause the other twin and CC are still alive, wish we coulda seen how she died, HOPE IT WAS WORSE THEN BEING TOSSED INTO A TREE SHREDDER)

17. DevilzFan

Hector Ramirez.

Woulda been ironic had he been reporting from the made up country in that TF Episode, "Carbombya"

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I really don't like that they killed Lady Jaye. She's always been my second fave after Scarlett. G.I. Joe has so few good female characters anyway. Cover Girl would have had nearly as much impact and would have been a better choice.
    I stopped reading long before they killed LJ (more for money reasons than not liking the book, too many mini-series and spin offs to keep up with), is Elite worth reading? I did enjoy Snake Eyes and Scarlett Declassified. I love G.I. Joe, but never got around to reading much of the comics for some reason.

19. DevilzFan

Elite started off "meh", but has gotten better.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I can't believe that one of the Cobra twins have also been killed! Blah! Anyway, going back to the time when Saw Viper killed those Joes...I was stunned...never expected Hasbro to "approve" those deaths...especially when Joes are a main-stream toyline.