Recall's Gaming Collection Photo Thread - You can show your stuff here too.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jan 8, 2011.

1. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Okay, I took some updated photos of my collection.

My NES collection as of December. Up to 541. I recently added some shelves and a week ago I made sure to add another row by moving the shelves up a little bit to get that extra space.
    [​IMG]

Updated consoles. Picked up a black Gamecube with the Game Boy player attached. Finally hooked up my Dreamcast and Xbox (but not my Saturn or Atari yet). I think I'll have to upgrade again and build something bigger. Had to add another splitter to handle the extra consoles.
    [​IMG]

My "disc" games: Gamecube, PS2, Xbox and Saturn. Plus some boxed NES games, of which I'm going to collect a select few, but it's addicting to see these NES boxes on that shelf.
    [​IMG]

My PS3 and Wii games. Been picking up a few Wii games as the prices are dropping and before some get too hard to find.
    [​IMG]

My cartridge games. Drawer 1 is Famicom and Famicom Disk games.
    [​IMG]

Drawers 2, 3 and part of 4 are Super Nintendo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

N64 and Genesis games.
    [​IMG]

Game Boy games, nice and organized so I can find an individual cart better. Plus my Game Boys and a pile of GBA games. I'm considering putting them into DS cases with art printed out from the Cover Project.
    [​IMG]

Atari and DS games. Atari collection has grown; DS collection has not.
    [​IMG]

Sega Master System games. Found a lot of these for some very good prices, some even in a local consignment store at $3 a piece.
    [​IMG]

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Mother of god.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So organized...

4. The Barracuda

I know, sometimes I hate myself over my inherited sense of over-organization.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, it can't be all bad. Whenever you feel like playing a game you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding it. XD

6. The Barracuda

Here's an update. It was a bad idea to start collecting NES boxes. I've already picked up a bunch plus a few SNES and N64 boxes and well. It's getting addicting now...

[​IMG]

7. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Jesus, Now I wish I had the Box I put most/All of my NES/SNES Cartridges in when we moved.

8. The Barracuda

Yeah, same here. If I had just taken all those minty boxes, folded them up and safely stored them away, I wouldn't have to spend so much money two decades later to fulfill some compulsion to collect nostalgic items. Same with my toy boxes.

9. strangeguy32000

That said, I DO have a box with an NES, an SNES, All the Cords to the NES, Two Controllers for the NES (Including one with a Circle Pad), an NES Advantage Arcade stick thing, and a Working Grey (First Generation) Zapper Pistol (Not that it would work if we hooked the Control Deck up to anything, all the TV's in the House are LCDs). I've also got some SNES and an NES Cart or two Floating about in here Alongside the Thirty or so XBOX 360 games I own, the Three Gamecube Titles I have (Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Smash Bros. Melee), The Twenty-or-So Boxed PC Games I own, My GameCube, My Nintendo 64 (For which I own Zero Games, but one controller) , My Xbox 360 (S-Model), My Teal Game Boy Color, My copies of Pokemon Blue and Yellow Versions (I still need to replace the Internal Battery on the Yellow Version Cart), My handful of GBA Carts, my Silver Game Boy Advance SP, My Nintendo DSi, My Nintendo 3DS, My DS Games, and my Sole 3DS Title: Pilotwings Resort.

Hmmm... Even without the Vintage Carts, I could definitely show off my Gaming Collection.
    Think I might do some Photography tomorrow.

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    While I do have a few items that span the generations, I typically focus on Sega products. Here is my current TV setup, only the Genesis is connected to the TV (to be fair, there is a PS2 there as well) and everything else is boxed up, some of which you can see on the shelf.

[​IMG]
    Av by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I ran out of shelf space long ago, and this is a fairly outdated photo of my one and only video game shelf. It is prioritized to be Sega games, but you can see along the bottom where the PS2 games are.

[​IMG]
    Sega collection by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I recently had found out that people are using tape cases to store their loose Genesis carts, so I will go and pick them up when I see them. It also will hold Famicom carts, and of course those 3 cassettes you see are for Timex Sinclair 1000.

[​IMG]
    Genesis tape case by Tripredacus, on Flickr

Far long ago (July 2013) a member of another forum was noticing how often I report picking up sports games... and it seems I am in a minority that I actually like to play sports games, even if they are out-dated. This is especially true of baseball games, which are by far my favorite ones to play. So he says I MUST take a picture of my PS2 sports games!

[​IMG]
    PS2 snapshot by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I think that if I keep going along with collecting games, its a fairly recent hobby I picked up... I may end up phasing out my movie collection. Which I already phased out (pretty much everything) and I am now only sitting on 5 shelf units of animation/cartoon videos...

11. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff barracuda. I've also been noticing people selling just the boxes/manuals for older games really cheap on ebay. It's great for people like me who have a few hard to get loose games without the packaging. You can just pick them up on the cheap and have a much more valuable whole set. Really good to do if you can find them at dirty cheap prices.

12. strangeguy32000

Okay, where's the DeLorean?

13. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Woops! I meant 2012. I'm due for new pics (including my TF shelf for my collection thread) so maybe take some this weekend.

14. strangeguy32000

So, I guess its time for me to Show off my Gaming Collection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Continued in Next Post

15. strangeguy32000

Moar Stuff!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One more in next post

16. strangeguy32000

Last One:
    [​IMG]

Not Pictured:
    SimCity for SNES (Either disappeared during the move or it's floating around my room like MKII and Pilotwings)
    Mortal Kombat II for SNES (I KNOW I have it somewhere around here)
    Pilotwings for SNES (I know it's around here somewhere as well)
    Saints Row the Third for PC
    The Two or Three Wii titles I own (Since they're Integrated into the Family's Wii Library Anyway)
    My Xbox 360 S-Model (Not disconnecting my Essie when its cords are in a location where it would be VERY inconvenient if they were to fall)
    And my Playstation

The reason I seem to have 2 Copies of Warioware Touched! is because the one in the Gamestop Case is a Store Demo Copy they sent me by mistake.

17. Theprimeoflegen

Theprimeoflegen Til all are gone!!!!!!

^ I also have the reach legendary edition, I got it at best buy for about twenty dollers.

18. strangeguy32000

Reach Legendary Edition is nice, but it's not as Iconic as the Halo 3 Legendary Edition Helmet (Which I chose to display on my bookcase)
    Oh, and Games for Windows Live can burn in hell for making Bioshock 2 Pretty much unplayable.

19. The Barracuda

Thanks. It's been a few years now and the collection's coming along nicely. Yeah, there are some good deals to find out there for boxes/cases/manuals, but most often they're few and far between. Usually online game stores or ebay sellers know what they have in their hands and price their stuff accordingly. The really popular stuff say like Mega Man or Metroid will always fetch high prices, especially in good, complete shape. The best place to get good deals is swap meets and garage sales, etc. And where hopefully no one has access to internet to look up prices.

20. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Nintendo Entertainment System

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo 64

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo Gamecube

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo Wii

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo Gameboy

[​IMG]

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo DS

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sega Dreamcast

[​IMG][​IMG]

Microsoft Xbox

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Microsoft Xbox360

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sony Playstation

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sony Playstation 2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sony Playstation 3

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sony PSP

[​IMG][​IMG]