Reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Reboot?

1. Yes.

77 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No.

105 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    So I saw Dark of the Moon finally and was impressed. Definitely the best of the three.

But with so many characters dead what would you want for the next movie, reboot or not? Why?

Personally I want a reboot. As good as the action was the story Bay presents in all three movies is just bad. He's fantastic at action I'll grant you, especially when using 3D makes him slow down and back up.

But I want a more coherent universe rather than the movies going, "Oh we need another movie? Uh.... how about this?"

Also I still HATE the designs of the bots. Can not stand them. Their vehicle modes are fine and like Optimus as the semi he is (if you ignore the stupid flames). But their bot mods just look awful.

Plus most, if not all, named Decepticons are dead...

So yeah, reboot please.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Not yet. Maybe in a decade.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Megs and his pals aren't the only threat in this universe, guys like Lord Straxus, Overlord and Unicron.

And I personally like the story and characters Bay pulled in the two movies [ROTF honestly doesn't count in my book].

The characters have been developed for three movies, I'd like to see some more of them.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

I really don't like the idea of a reboot, especially if the only real reason is because "all the characters are dead." I'd prefer to stick to this continuity where I already know the characters and the universe. There's no reason why they can't just introduce new characters like Galvatron for example instead of restarting something already successful.

5. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

Reboot is a very common word used in the movie boards. It's starting to remind me of that
    cartoon "Reboot"

But, yeah. There should be a reboot. But maybe in a few years or later. I also agree about the robot designs. Not that I don't like them, but they need to be more simpler and not have 5000+ components. That seems to be a waste of money.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Reboot, definetly a reboot. Id rather keep this a trilogy instead of having a 4th film.

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No. Bring in Lord Straxus or some other villain from the comics. Give me something new rather than doing the same old shit again.

8. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    No it has to be a sequel Reboot's suck and i really want Meg to change his name to Galvatron too

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd usually vote 'reboot' without hesitation, but some folks here have put forward some very ingenious ideas for a sequel, which make me think twice.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah what do you think the odds are that anything resembling those ideas are likely to happen as the sequel.

I can generally find an interesting story premise in most things but if there is one thing I've learned over the years it's that what I can envision is always INFINITELY cooler than what is delivered. So a continuation of this series would likely go downhill, in my opinion.

11. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I'd like to see what happens to the Autobots and N.E.S.T without the Decepticons, sort of like the fall of the Autobots. They'd have to stay disguised, maybe get new vehicle modes. What would Optimus Prime really be without Megatron?

Or, you know, G.I. Joe crossover.

12. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate reboots. So I hope they keep it goin.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've loved the 3 films despite their obvious flaws.
    I've been more forgiving of ROTF than even the most rabbid of fanboy.

But its time is over; reboot the damned thing!

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Reboot. I waited 20 years for a good Transformers movie. What we got was 3 good action movies co starring the Transformers. Peter Cullen is the only thing that makes these guys really seem like the characters they are based on.

We were told we'd get a more real world take on TFs, what we got was nameslaps and great action set pieces. How bout getting deeper into the Cons, using their big three and the bots big three to tell the story? Prime and Megs as the leaders, Barricade and Bee as scouts, Ironhide and Starscream as second in command.

The worst part is that with minor script changes, more polish, less money on 10000 piece guns and 3d, and a bit of respect and concern for the franchise, all 3 movies could have been excellent. The current staff is more concerned with 'cool looking shit' then making a quality TF movie.

Please give me a Starscream that smirks schemes and is condescending, a Megatron that is not totally reliant on being 'rawrrr I'm strongest!', a Bumblebee that's a stealthy little assassin, an Optimus Prime who has a weakness and an equal on the battlefield.

For the love of god, stop making the fights one sided too. In the first movie, both sides took damage and losses, ROTF and DOTM make you wonder how the Cons ever pushed the Autobots to the brink of destruction. I fucking HATE how they make Prime unstoppable on the field. It looks cool, but serves to take the Cons from what they've always been (cool ass bad guys), to generic cookie cutter bad guys. Worst of all, the Cons are the best bad guys Bay's EVER done. So he's not gonna improve, and if you keep most of the current staff, they will just ape his style and be less effective.

Noone that's not a big TF fans wants to see Straxus or any of that stupid shit. Its time for less costly robots that are more human (especially the Cons who all looked like Insecticons GAWD that shit is weak), and more story and character, fight scenes that actually feature the TFs fighting each other and having grudges etc.

Reboot in 3-5 years. Please. And Hasbro, have some balls this time. Ferrari had more control over the movies than you did.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Reboot? Yes please.

16. mrprime95

mrprime95 autobot <3 :)

Here's a sample of a TF reboot I'm writing
    *the crowd cheers,and clap.when something huge emerges from the pearl white clouds*

Ratchet:what in the name of primus is that

*the clouds begin to clear revealing a metallic figure*

Mirage:I-I believe zat izza ship

*the figure turns out to be the ship given to galvatron.bumblebee runs up to the landing ship*

Bumblebee:eek: ptimus more autobots!!!!!!!

*the ship lands on the ground causing a huge dust cloud.bumblebee waits 5 feet in front of the ship,where the ships entrance is.the hatch opens with steam *spewing out of the door.but it's wierd steam,it won't go away.bumblebee stands there waiting for his autobot friends to make there welcoming appearance.*

Optimus:somethings not right,ratchet scan the ship.

Ratchet:got it optimus.

*ratchet scans the ship,and is horrified*

Ratchet:eek: h no.....OPTIMUS,ITS A DECEPTICON SHiP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Optimus:NO,bumblebee RUN!!!!!!!!

*bumblebee is to excited to hear optimus.optimus and the other autobots charge after bumblebee.bumblebee stares into the steam,he starts to wonder what's taking so long,when two red lights side by side appear in the steam,bumblebee already knows what they are and nearly goes into cyber-shock from being so frightened.bumblebee runs away as *fast as his feet can go,screaming at the humans.*

Bumblebee:run!!!!!!humans run away

*bumblebee is to late,galvatron emerges creepily from the ships entrance and blast bumblebee in the legs with his cannon.bumblbee's right leg falls off and his left is merely dangling off a thick black wire.

Sideswipe:bumblebee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sideswipe runs faster to bumblebees aid as fast as possible,faster than any other autobot has ran before,so fast he runs over a couple humans.galvatron walks over to bumblebee who is limping for his life*

Galvatron:weak autobot

*bumblebee is so frightened he can hardly talk,he only gets out a few words*

Bumblebee:megatron...is...that you!!!!!!!

*galvatron doesn't respond.he picks up bumblebee by his left leg,and prepares to rip him in two.bumblebee screams galvatron begins to tear bumblebee.bumblebees chest pops,and he screams.sideswipe skates below galvatron and uses his cybertanium swords to slice galvatrons abdomin.*

Galvatron:ahhhhhh,foolish autobot

*galvatron releases bumblebee in the air.sideswipe catches him and takes him to ratchet*

Sideswipe:he's hurt bad ratchet!!!!!!!!!

Ratchet:I see....I'll have to take him back to base for repairs!!!!!!!!!!

*rachet transforms and rushes bumblebee to the autobot base to repair bumblebee*

Ratchet:your gonna be alright buddy!!!!!!

Bumblebee:r-ratchet...am....I g-gonna....die?

Ratchet:don't speak of foolish thoughts bumblebee...your gonna be fine

*galvatron holding his abdomin,orders cyclonus and scurge to attack*

Galvatron:minions attack,ATTACK

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Normally I would say yes to a reboot, but it's a tough call here. I think these movies have been entirely TOO successful (purely based on money) to warrant starting over again, and I just don't see Hasbro or Paramount sitting tight for 3-5 years on such an insanely big money making franchise like this. But at the same time, I shudder at the idea of any sequels since we just saw the most iconic & well known Decepticons get buried over the course of these three movies. I've always thought Unicron is too stupid for a general audience to get behind, and I think all the other villain suggestions people keep coming up with are way too fanwank & obscure for their own good. Yeah The Fallen was obscure, but Megs & Starscream kept things familiar. Bringing them back from the dead YET AGAIN for a fourth movie would just look cheap & desperate, so I hope that is not a route that is even considered. I also think a new lead villain named Galvatron would look just as bad as reviving Megatron to the general audience given their name similarities. So this is a tough one to vote on.

I also think people are crazy if they think Michael Bay will have nothing to do with a new trilogy. He might not direct, but it's all but a certainty that he would executive produce and make sure "his" design style isn't kicked to the curb.

18. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I agree

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

20. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

reboot, because i was disappointed of this trilogy.
    The first movie was OK, second one became ridiculous in story telling and the third one is even more kaboom without good characterization of most TFs.
    stiupid jokes and the focus on the US military needs to decrease if there is a reboot.