ReBoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prime'06, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Wiki Page for Information

I'm sure there's at least a few people on here that know of this show, and are possibly fans.

Season 2 Cast:
    [​IMG]

I personally love the show, and wish to get more episodes.

Anyone wish to discuss it?:D 

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i thought it was coming back....or on a DVD Boxset...oh well, cool otherwise. Always did like watching this...

3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I like that show. Kinda sucked the 4th season ended up in a cliffhanger.

4. Prime'06

OmegaScourge, yeah there was this rumor a few months or so back that MFE was going to do a boxset, but there's been nothing official stated, and if anything was going to be done, I think they would have said so by now.

Belgrath, there was supposed to be an ending to the current cliffhanger, but for reasons that aren't quite clear it wasn't produced.

I believe with enough fans supporting this, we might just get a TV network to fund it, and we'd get that season 4 ending as well as more episodes. :D 

5. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Wasn't Mainframe planing a movie or something to finish the series?

6. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

Great series, ReBoot was. I can remember first watching back when it was on ABC on Saturday mornings. I have all the DVDs that they sold along with quite a few of the toys from the series.

Yeah, it sucked the way the ended the series but I am always in hope that Mainframe will someday bring it back.

7. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Man I miss that show. Ah, the good ole Cartoon Network days.

8. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

QFT CN form 1997-2002 was the best in my opinion. I loved reboot, I missed the end of the 4th season though.

9. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then they got crappy in '03

10. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I remember seeing the commercials for it on videos. But I never saw it 'cause my parents were mostly anti-TV at the time. They wanted me to like, 'play outside' or something like that. :p 

11. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I LOVE ReBoot... that show was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It was heavily rumoured that ReBoot was Mainframe's "fall-back" show, in that when business seemed to dry up, they went and did more ReBoot so that they could shop around their newer talents (hencely also why each season had progressively, much better animation and lighting effects).

Season 3 was one of the first TV shows on DVD (each four episode arc had it's own DVD), but because it was when DVD was in it's relative infancy, each disk was about 40-50 bucks a pop and way beyond most people's willingness to pay for (plus they were hard to find, the only place I ever saw them was at a Chinese import store that sold mostly VCD's and a only a few DVD's). A Season 4 disk came out with both movies (or all 8 episodes if you want to look at it like that) that was relatively cheap. It's one of those things I regret not getting when I saw it.

Still, if I saw DVD boxsets of this series, I would snap them up in a heartbeat. I'm sure it would help this show get "Family Guy'd".

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Reboot was a great show

My ONE gripe with the show is that stupid cliffhanger at the end of "My 2 Bob's"

Trapped inside the Principle Office being hunted by Megabyte and his Viral soldiers.Ugh,what a way to end a series

13. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Yep, I used to love that show. MegaByte was so damned cool. I've still got a couple of his action figures stashed away somewhere. I always wished they made one of him after his return from the web though.

WTB more ReBoot, PST !

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Yes, I really want to see a real ending to ReBoot. Same with Shadow Raiders, which is War Planets to you yanks.

15. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I LOVE Reboot so very very much. If a DVD boxset comes out i'll be all over it in a most unhealthy way. Never did see all of the 3rd, or any of the 4th. Really need to track them down...

16. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

ReBoot was great and did not deserve to go out the way it did. CN was 100% at fault for the series ending that way. They hardly promoted the 4th season at all and seemed to only air it because they had already agreed to. I heard rumors at the time that the was a change in managment at CN at the new guy didn't like the show or something. I think a single movie would be able to end the series well. There wasn't much left that needed to be done other than finish Megabyte for good.

17. Prime'06

I'm happy to see that ReBoot has fans here! :D 

If you all want ReBoot to have a chance at coming back check out that link I have on my first post.

Without all the fans support, ReBoot will probably stay:rip  .

18. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Loved the show in S1 and S2(Agents Fax Modem, and Data Scuzzy LOL), S3 was the best, The last arc of S4 sucked though IMO

19. Prime'06

Cheetatron, I agree season 4 wasn't as great as the rest. But that's mainly due to all the cuts and 'plot compression' that they had to do for various reasons (money being the main factor I guess).

But according to two fans who spoke to Gavin Blair the intended ending of S4 more then makes up for any previous negative things that happened. :D 

20. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

ah reboot. Does it remind you of something?

Exo squad
    Beast Wars
    Pirates of Dark Water
    War Planets
    Invasion America

Doesn't this all have a common theme?

That's right. Back when American Animation was making a move toward legitimate scifi.

Today we have what? Oh yes My Gym Partner's a Monkey....hooray for progress. -_-