Reboot SERIES coming to DVD?!?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sideswipe1954, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If true, so frikkin sweet!!! :drool:  :bowdown: 

ReBoot DVD news: Rumor: Complete Series Set in the Works? | TVShowsOnDVD.com

2. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have all of season 3 and 4 on DVD and the first two eps of season 1 on video. Id love to have the complete series on DVD. I also have almost all the toys they released, I loved ReBoot! Shame Megabytes voice actor Tony Jay is dead. If they ever bring it back it wont be the same without him.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    And every nerd in the known universe screamed for joy!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I heard the same thing a few years back. I'm not holding my breath.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It was available for a while through ADV, but didn't really seem to sell well or have good availability from what I saw (much like Farscape). But now that ADV has hit the skids, who knows, it might be a good chance for rainmaker to get it out to fans who grew up with it.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    id buy it, frickin love Reboot

7. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Hmmm,I always wanted this series on DVD.

8. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    hope it actually happens...i would love to own it finally :D 

9. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

If this is true... Hell freaking YES! I have been waiting for this news forever!

10. Nemesis Prime I

Nemesis Prime I Nemesis Prime Transforms!

Wow Going be Awesome New DVD!!!!!

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SHOUT! FACTORY SECURES HIGHLY POPULAR CG ANIMATED TV CLASSIC

REBOOT

FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

Los Angeles, California and Vancouver, British Columbia - Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. (TSX:RNK) announced today a new alliance to bring the groundbreaking, internationally renowned CGI animation TV series ReBoot to the home entertainment marketplace. Under its multi-year agreement with Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc., Shout! Factory will be the exclusive home entertainment distributor with digital rights to the entire action-packed series ReBoot in North America. This announcement was made by Shout! Factory founding partners Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos; and Terry Kalagian, Vice President of Business Development for Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc.

"We are thrilled with this opportunity to work with Rainmaker Entertainment, a globally recognized studio for its stunning animation in film and TV," state Shout! Factory founding partners. "ReBoot is a celebrated TV property, boasting a large worldwide fan following. This program lines up perfectly with the Shout! Factory brand. We hope this is just the start of a mutually beneficial relationship with Rainmaker."

"ReBoot fans have been urging us to release the series on DVD," said Terry Kalagian, VP of Business Development for Rainmaker. "We are overjoyed to have finally found the perfect partners at Shout! Factory to help give fans what they want."

Hailed by critics and fans alike, ReBoot made history for being the first fully computer-generated animated TV series. Its unique setting inside a computer allows ReBoot to mine the references to computers and video games for all they're worth, giving the show its humorous edge. ReBoot was originally seen on North American television in 1994 on YTV in Canada and on ABC Television in the U.S. The series ran four successful seasons, and was eventually seen in over 70 countries around the world. The innovative animation, insider humor and high octane action combine to give fans a lot of binary bang for their buck.

Dot Matrix and her brother Enzo, plus thousands of friendly binomes, live in Mainframe, which is plagued by viruses Megabyte and sister strain Hexadecimal. Guardian Bob is sent from the Net to protect them, and soon makes it his home. Together, they must prevent Megabyte from taking control of all the systems. As an added complication, games being played by the mystical User invade the system regularly, and must be defeated, or else portions of the city are laid waste... this gives us a chance to see every genre of video-game ever conceived, from the point of view of the characters! When Megabyte finally manages to banish Bob, Enzo takes over as the city's Guardian, but things will never be quite the same.

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of the ReBoot home entertainment product-line, beginning with the collectible Complete Series DVD box set release and digital distribution in 2011.

12. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    and Bought!!!.....when released :D 

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shout Factory? Sounds like I need to invest in a region-free DVD player then.

14. RebelMan

News Credits:
    "ReBoot" - Shout! Factory Announces Fan Art Contest in Conjunction with the Upcoming DVDs

Complete Series set and individual season sets coming out in 2011

10/18/2010

ENTER THE WORLD OF MAINFRAME AND JOIN THE ACTION
    WITH FAN FAVORITE CGI ANIMATED SERIES

REBOOT

Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. Announce

Search for the Ultimate Fan Art

SPECIAL CONTEST OFFERS FANS AND ARTISTS A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE IN
    SHOUT! FACTORY'S UPCOMING REBOOT HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT LINE

Fans of the cult hit CGI animated series ReBoot unite! Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. today announce the launch of the ultimate ReBoot fan art contest; a nationwide search for the most unique rendition of their favorite characters from the popular CGI animated series ReBoot. Brendan McCarthy, a highly celebrated artist and the original production designer of ReBoot Seasons 1 to 3, will select 5 entries deemed as the most distinctive to be showcased in the highly anticipated ReBoot home entertainment product line in 2011 from Shout! Factory. Winner(s) will also receive a complimentary copy of the complete series set.

Passionate fans can enter the contest via ReBoot.com, where they will be able to upload their creative elements for contest submission. Deadline for entries is December 3, 2010. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2010.

In-depth contest details:

Your Chance to Win the Fan Art Contest!

Fans of ReBoot are some of the most creative people out there, now is your chance to show it! We're inviting all ReBoot fans to submit their artistic renditions of ReBoot - the characters, the sets, the action! Final winners will be chosen by the original ReBoot production designer himself, Brendan McCarthy! The art work will be printed in the first edition booklet accompanying the complete DVD box set due out early 2011. The winning submissions will also be featured on ReBoot.com and the artists will receive a free copy of the complete box set. The contest will be open for submissions starting October 20, 2010 and run through December 3, 2010.

ReBoot: The Complete Collection Fan Art Contest Rules

Here's how it works -

1. Open to contestants 18 years and older who reside in the U.S or Canada.

2. Submissions will be accepted only through ReBoot.com. You must be a registered user to submit your entry.

3. Contest runs from 10/20/10 - 12/3/10. Two entries per person only.

4. Submission can be created in a design program of your choice but must be converted to a .pdf, .jpeg or .tif file of a size no greater than 5 MB for submission.

5. Entrants will be required to complete an online entry release form that will include name, email, phone, address, age, gender. Ownership of images will be granted to Rainmaker Entertainment in perpetuity.

6. Shout Factory's creative staff will review entries and recommend a final 20 entries that will move on to the final phase to be judged by the very-qualified, uber-creative Brendan McCarthy.

7. Winners will be notified by 12/13/10. Decision on winning entries is final. Winners will be contacted by Shout! Factory to arrange final delivery of art files that will best represent their work in the book. Winners must submit all final files immediately after being notified and they should arrive to Shout! Factory by 12/17/10.

8. Entrants must represent that the submissions are entirely theirs and that everyone involved in the creation is named on the entry.

9. Contestants acknowledge that by submitting official entry they release Shout! Factory, Rainmaker, Brendan McCarthy and Zeros to Heroes from responsibility for any damages, expenses, or harm they might incur while submitting their work.

Hailed by critics and fans alike, ReBoot made history for being the first fully computer-generated animated TV series. Its unique setting inside a computer allows ReBoot to mine the references to computers and video games for all they're worth, giving the show its humorous edge. The innovative animation, insider humor and high octane action combine to give fans a lot of binary bang for their buck.

Dot Matrix and her brother Enzo, plus thousands of friendly binomes, live in Mainframe, which is plagued by viruses Megabyte and sister strain Hexadecimal. Guardian Bob is sent from the Net to protect them, and soon makes it his home. Together, they must prevent Megabyte from taking control of all the systems. As an added complication, games being played by the mystical User invade the system regularly, and must be defeated, or else portions of the city are laid waste...this gives us a chance to see every genre of video-game ever conceived, from the point of view of the characters! When Megabyte finally manages to banish Bob, Enzo takes over as the city's Guardian, but things will never be quite the same.

Recently, Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc has announced a new alliance to bring the entire action-packed ReBoot to the home entertainment marketplace. Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of the ReBoot home entertainment product-line in 2011.

15. RebelMan

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    March 1st, 2011
    Cost is $29.93 SRP
    4-disc - 23 episodes

(Box Art Not Available at this time)
    ReBoot - Seasons 3 & 4
    COMING SOON IN 2011

[​IMG]
    COMING SOON IN 2011

16. Sideswipe1954

News Credits:
    Sweeet!

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Hell yes! :rock  I loved watching Reboot as a kid. Now if Disney could start releasing all the One Saturday Morning shows on DVD, I'll be happy.

18. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

19. Sideswipe1954

News Credits:
  20. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Yes, this contains season 1, 2, 3, and 4 (the two movies are what make up the fourth season).