REBOOT Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Noversalrex1024

Noversalrex1024 Christian TF Fan and Dinobot

Yeah I agree, they were underrated, And also doesn’t help that Michael By doesn’t flesh out anything, Nor explain things in a way that is without major plot holes or dumb. I’m speaking specifically when the main cast were killeable by conventional means at the end of the film, when their problems could have easily been solved by turning themselves into dust like they have done prior. If there was something to explain that, it wasn’t said in the movie. If you, me, or someone else could come up with an idea t fill that issue, maybe they’ll use it again. However, I think it is still possible to use these guys in the future. I think it is still possible to use these guys in the future. If not a ful pixel dust Transfomer, but rather certain parts of them that transform through pixelation, while the rest is traditional. If they at least kept that basic idea in (because it’s looking like they may keep far from that), would you e okay with that, or not at all? Honestly I feel more people would have been on board with it, if it wasn’t for the plot holes.

Also do you think Stinger should come back in the reboot? Whether human-made, Cybertron-born, or Unicron-forged? Pixelated and/or non-pixelated?

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

I don't think that's a plot hole whatsoever. One, the Autobots, Lockdown, and Dinobots did not have the ability to transform like the KSI Transformers because they were machines who were not programmed to transform like the KSI Transformers, at least not in their entirety. Optimus is able to move some of his metal, perhaps electromagnetically, to gain a new paint job, but there's a big difference between that and doing that for a full on transformation. As living machines they may have had sentience and a certain amount of adaptability, but as machines programmed by the Creators they still had limits to their abilities. Cybertronians, being built by an advanced alien race, were programmed to transform one way. KSI's Transformers were programmed to transform another way.

Also, KSI's Transformers besides Galvatron were not sentient, so they weren't able to use their abilities to the same level of skill as their master.

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

O.K., here's a rough synopsis of where I'd go with this:

Spike Witwicky is a 22-year-old engineering-school dropout fighting to keep his family's auto repair business afloat in the five years following the deaths of his Air Force colonel father and the other crew members in a spaceplane explosion during a joint Armed Forces-NASA project. He's not real happy about that, and even less so about the bizarre dreams that he's been having with increasing intensity over the past few weeks - dreams that take place on a biomechanical world populated by giant robots of every sort, and in which he witnesses an increasingly-violent power struggle between some big, nasty S.O.B. with a bucket-head helmet and a big-^$$ black cannon astride his right forearm, and a high council about as competent as most Earth-based political bodies who don't seem terribly interested in listening to the one bearded purple robot's suggestion that the gold-plated horse's-^$$ who's supposed to be the big war-hero leader-figure should take on a personal assistant to help him out...like the younger red-and-blue robot who works for the bearded purple one. So naturally Spike finds it particularly jarring when something happens in the waking world that corresponds pretty uncannily with his dreams: an apparent terrorist attack during a diplomatic assembly in Washington, D.C. perpetrated by two sports coupes - one red, one blue - which transform into robots with retractable piledrivers built into their forearms and proceed to pound the neighborhood into oblivion, killing dozens (including several diplomats) and injuring many more. And as Spike's dreams continue - whereupon he witnesses a desperate flight aboard a little (well, comparatively, anyway) patchworked beater that quickly erupts into an exposed act of betrayal and ultimately an assault by a big, ugly black shard of a starship - he realizes that that metallic key-like object he's been wearing on a chain around his neck these past five years - found among his Dad's personal effects following his demise - may have something to do with all of this.

It turns out that a handful of such robots, varying in size and shape, have been absconded from an abandoned five-year-old arctic excavation site that's recently seen enough independently-financed activity to unearth a significant portion of a very-familiar-looking big, ugly black shard of a starship, that's been buried in the ice for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years. Their locomotive functions have been restored under the guidance of techno-terrorist Leland Bishop, a former Special Ops man with his own shady connection to the late Col. Daniel "Sparkplug" Witwicky, and who means to "awaken the world" to a supposed conspiracy between the government and NASA in which his new "toys" are to play a central part. But Uncle Sam isn't taking the attack or the international furor it's caused lying down, and has two irons in the fire to address the threat even as an attempt to hunt down the Washington attackers from the air as they flee back to their northern hideaway results in an ambush by a trio of robots that transform into jet fighters. The first option is the gaggle of new hardware hastily whipped into existence by the military's premier engineering wizard, Garrison Blackrock, some of which can only crudely mimic the robots' apparent shape-changing abilities (quickly as they were prepared) but ALL of which pack a firepower almost equal to the robots - especially the belle of this particular ball, a big, nasty S.O.B. of a drone tank with a very-familiar-looking big-^$$ black cannon atop it and which goes by the designation D-16. The other option is spearheaded by Bishop's successor, Marissa Faireborn, who enlists every engineering intellect bordering on genius she can find to try to crack the robots' insanely-strong armor figuratively as well as literally...and one of those intellects is, of course, Spike Witwicky. It's Spike who nonchalantly (read: not in a big hurry to get himself locked up in a padded cell) suggests that, despite the jerky, machine-like sluggishness of their movements, the robots should from a technical standpoint probably be approached as living beings themselves, and therefore probably "not from around here", rather than as man-made machines - after all, why do they have eyes, noses and mouths, features that no Earth-built robot would necessarily require, let alone an alien one?

Faireborn's not sure what to think of that, but surprisingly Blackrock DOES support Spike's suggestion, and in rapid succession three events occur which not only back up Spike's theory, but which may hopefully even things up, if not at worst create an even bigger threat to the planet. Firstly, the robots have started to shake off their wonkiness and start acting like proper evil alien invaders with the arrival of a "new" member in their ranks, a faceless blue hulk with some kind of launcher over his shoulder who changes into an all-terrain vehicle, making their re-assertion known by laying waste to the terrorist camp and killing every human in it save two - Bishop, who managed to escape; and one of his underlings, a disgruntled ex-car dealer with a lisp who got his face practically burned off in the attack - and then going on a worldwide spree of destruction, the most recent victim of which was the city of Detroit, complete with a freighter's worth of iron sent to the bottom of Lake Michigan by the egotistical leader of the jet-robots on exit. Secondly, a search-and-rescue for any survivors of the freighter's crew has revealed another spaceship crash uncovered by the sunken debris, a very-familiar-looking patchworked beater on the bottom of the lake. And finally, a security detail during the military lockdown and cleanup of the arctic camp has uncovered yet another robot, apparently thrown from the enemy ship - a very-familiar-looking younger red-and-blue robot. Looks like that key might be coming in handy after all...

Which may end up posing another problem, as it turns out. Not only would Blackrock REALLY like to get his hands on that key - to the point of ceaselessly trying to convince Spike he should probably stick with the "guaranteed protection" of D-16 for automated companionship, rather than that mercilessly-upbeat yellow THING among the newly-revived supposedly-friendly robot faction - but as it turns out, so would Starscream, who's aware that not only is the Nemesis still spaceworthy despite some minor damage from impact, but that it also harbors an army of Vehicons in cold storage that'll make Blackrock's drones look like the glorified Erector sets they are. For that matter, so would the former Col. Leland "Silas" Bishop, who has come to suspect the true nature of Garrison Blackrock's technological prowess since before the spaceplane disaster, when the government officials supporting the project to uncover further irrefutable proof of extraterrestrial technology pressed for secrecy of the most absolute kind despite Sparkplug and NASA's insistence that the public should know. About the only being in all this who's content to leave the key with its current custodian is the former Orion Pax, who understands acutely that his people's apparently-unending hostilities have now dragged another (relatively) innocent world into the crossfire, and must now convince the six still-functional Autobots under his de facto command - none of whom believe him remotely qualified to lead in the first place, no matter how nice a few of them are to him - to NOT just cut and run the second they get the Ark flying again.

I don't really want another MacGuffin involved, but in this case the Key to Vector Sigma would be important since, in addition to having Starscream, Blackrock AND Silas (a human faction to go with the robot ones) practically breathing down his neck to get it, it would also provide a means of getting Spike himself (and, by extension, the audience) up to speed with who and what the Transformers are from the get-go...especially since the Autobots wouldn't re-enter the main action of the story until about just after the halfway point.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Noversalrex1024

5. Noversalrex1024

Oh actually the Transformers are built up of a genetic code consisting and built from CNA (Cybernetic/Cybertronian Nucleaic Acid), according to TF: Prime.

Transformium is actually exclusive to the Bayverse. However not a bad concept to just toss out. It’s one of the reasons that I believe the CNA concept should be strictly for Cybertronians, and Transforium for weapons, tools, and specific components of a Cybertronian.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

If anything, I think the Transformers specifically should be made of Transformium, because it actually solves a lot of problems with alien robots scanning of alt modes and adapting their anatomy to their alternate modes. Transformers don't conveniently have rubber, rust, glass, leather, skin, hair, and fabric in their bodies to adapt to their alternate mode. A programmable material explains how they're able to adapt

Also, I think the KSI robots getting killed by alien weapons still made sense because even though their transformation scheme involved breaking down into cubes, they were built to function as robots when in robot mode. They were built to function as automobiles when in vehicle mode. The cube transformations were merely a conversion mode. The transformations were specifically designed to transport data and programming intact in between robot and alternate modes.

If an alien bullet from Hound or Cade's gun went through enough of their circuitry they could cease functioning as robots just as normal Cybertronians could, because when in robot mode they functioned as robots.

Frankly, it's no more ridiculous than the Allspark shrinking to the size of a box that can be carried by a human teenager, or a decapitated Frenzy gaining a shiny new body after being exposed to the Allspark. If anything, there's actually more logic to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Who created Transformium?

8. Noversalrex1024

See, that makes sense that’s why’s they do that in Robot mode. You and I can ignite that out for ourselves, but the movie should be the one to explain it, not us.

Transformation and scanning actually has been explained, through Cybertronian biology. The scanning of Alt-Modes is actually apart of the CNA thing as the Cybertronians are born with a T-Cog (Transition Cog) Which converts them between the two modes (or more if they have the ability to); A T-Cog is basically an organ.Thing is though, the Bayverse was confsing in general so Bay came up with a cop out (transformium pixelation) that was instantly abandoned in TLK (Megatron as my case in point).

Like I said, I’d personally prefer weapons, objects, and parts of Transformers to transform like that, as I saves on explanation and problems. But Unicron forges Transformers such as Galvatron, Scourge/Sweeps, and Cyclonus should either half pixelate or completely pixelate. Hell they shouldn’t have sparks either “so they have no fear!” I know it’s not an exact quote, but you get what I’m referring to. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'd enjoy seeing Bulkhead as this vehicle, with Bill Fagerbakke reprising the role;
    [​IMG]

and maybe this tank for Megatron;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be awesome! :cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Galvatross

I was fine with it. It didn't really need explanation. Think of it this way: It doesn't need explaining any more than if Nightcrawler got killed by a bullet. Yeah, Nightcrawler has the ability to teleport from place-to-place, but if a deadly weapon actually hits him he can get injured or die. It's the same thing with KSI's Transformers. We understand they have a different transformation scheme that involves floating cubes. We already understand that Cybertronian weaponry that blasts open the head is usually fatal. We see it with Sentinel Prime. We see it with Stinger. I don't think the KSI Transformers getting slain needs any more explanation than the deaths of other Transformers. Seeing them get shot and ceasing to function is enough.

Frankly, I think The Last Knight abandoning Galvatron and his transforming abilities was one of the lamest decisions in the movies yet. THAT was something I had an issue with and that needed explaining, because Galvatron's origins in the fourth film were very clear, and then the fifth film has Megatron back with no exposition or anything. In every other movie there was a clear explanation as to how Megatron was where he was at. In The Last Knight there was nothing other than some lines about him disappearing and him having the same red mark as Prime that Quintessa gave Optimus.

It's almost like the writers hated that aspect, and rather than addressing it they decided to ignore it outright. That was my main problem with The Last Knight. It felt like an apology to all of the people who whined about the last movie, but those people were, for the most part, never going to like a fourth or fifth film, and they ended up screwing the continuity and dropping some fascinating plot points in the process. Which is a shame, because the Creator story-line was far more interesting than the Unicron one IMHO, and TRF was like a more poorly-executed rehash of Cemetery Wind.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Noversalrex1024

I most definitely agree. However, do you prefer tank barrel, or fusion canon being in place of the normal tank barrel for his vehicle mode?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I prefer having the tank turret on the back(which functions as a secondary sneak attack gun), and the robot mode's fusion cannon is much larger and hidden in tank mode.

14. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

No more, allspark-like stupid storylines anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Noversalrex1024

Yes! Especially how the Bayverse set it up....and so early too. Prime did it better honestly, however it seemed a little underwhelming the way they did it too. The Bayverse had at least a “decent” build up to it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sevenlima

No more random and confused plots.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Noversalrex1024

Amen

• Like Like x 2
  18. sevenlima

More relationships and interaction with humans.

19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be careful what you wish for...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Galvatross

This should be a warning for all Transformers fan who have specific desires for live action movies. It's why I try to view the movies for what they are trying to be and not as fulfillment of my personal preferences.

• Like Like x 1