REBOOT Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Furnace

Furnace The original Starscream

I second this motion! At this point, I feel it's time to expand the story beyond the ubiquitous Earth-based conflict. To retread old ground would pretty much defeat the purpose of a reboot.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

A autobot combiner team of bullet trains based on Rid'01.

• Like Like x 1
  3. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Galvatross, I thought you said the general audience can't understand nuance and the finer points of transformers lore?

You literally just created the most convoluted alienating obscure transformers story of all time as a REINTRODUCTION to transformers

What a heck

• Like Like x 5
  4. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Marvel universe works because they laid the foundation, and it was strong. Whether you like the movies or not, they have a clearly defined path of where they fit in the overall arc and universe. THAT is what other studios need to learn. Transformers could benefit from a similar strategy. The don't have to be Marvel clones, but the work that went into the planning would not be wasted.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

Please do not put words in my mouth. I have literally never said that the general audience can't understand Transformers lore. I've said in the past that fan tastes and general audience tastes are not always similar, but that's quite a different thing.

I dare you to come up with something that's at least somewhat fun. What's the point of being a Transformers fan if you can't have FUN?!?

And it's not as convoluted as you think. Jaegertron represents manliness. Matriarch Supreme represents femininity. They are two extremes in the universe that loom larger than either faction. They both have their own allies and minions. The Autobots and humans and perhaps a minority of Decepticons find themselves in the middle and oppose both. The Quintessons, who made the Transformers as slaves to battle the Ogrelords, include members on both sides. Shrek was an Ogrelord who, in an attempt to stop the war, gave life to the Transformer, who rebelled after gaining sentience.

It's really not that different from the source material with the factions and Quintesson origins and Vector Sigma, but instead of the balance between Unicron and Primus there's a yin-yang relationship with Matriarch Supreme and Jaegertron. It's just a brief summary of the universe as a whole. It's not the synopsis for an individual story within the universe.

It wouldn't even have to be in space. There are ways to incorporate such bizarre stories, concepts, and characters on Earth without leaving Earth.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Noversalrex1024

Noversalrex1024 Christian TF Fan and Dinobot

In my personal opinion, It should be very little that carries over into the reboot.

However there is some definites that should carry over, but NONE of them should be used in the extent that they were used in the Bayverse:

The Military: They should be present but very minorily used. Like in Prime but maybe a little more frequent than that, but far less than Bayverse.However they should still be important in SOME combat situations. Primarily to keep it within the realistic realms of human reaction to the Transformers, unlike the G1 which showed too little of the human military actually helping.

Damage the Military Causes to a Transformer: Damage given to any Transformer by a human should be so minimal, it almost makes sense to just leave it to the Autobots. But bombs, gunships, rail-guns, and other ordinance should have the obvious effects.

Minor Aesthetic: Honestly some of the Transformers in the Bayverse look good. Like the Dreads (both those in DotM and TLK), Barricade (TLK),Nitro Zeus, Cogman (loved this guy, honestly would love to see him come back), Blackout/Grindor, Skrapnel, and Jazz are such examples that come to mind for me. But the rest should be a G1 and Bayverse combo aesthetic.

Now for Ideas that are my own :

Humans in General: Should literally only be there when a Transformer is present, and very little screen time beside that. Transformers only need humans when what they do requires one. Besides that, nope. Also no more bimbos... srsly. We should have humans that are, realistic and entertaining. Instead of uninteresting and wasting screen time that could be filled with the Transformers.

The Big Idea on Aesthetic: They need to be primarily looking like their G1 counterparts. But a combo of their Bayverse versions and the G1 aesthetic is fine. I'm serious on this one, they more often than not looked like walking junk piles rather than robots in the Bayverse films; a balance is needed. Primarily a realistic G1 look is preferable and is also more iconic looking than the Bayverse ones, save for Bumblebee and a few others. However a total G1 look is actually not entirely a good idea for many obvious reasons. Soundwave turning into a cassette player and Megatron into a gun are my prime examples of what should be avoided (pun not intended). A news van or something of the sort would fit Soundwave perfectly, and a big tank (combiner wars) or a large attack helicopter (like in animated) with G1 looking robot modes would be perfect in my opinion. And such for other related situations. Also Combiners should also look close to G1 as realistically possible as well. However Predacons would be great as their Transformers Prime and (very few of their) Beast Wars counterparts in my opinion.

Humor and Crude Language: In the Bayverse, there was too much crude and sexual humor which was more often unfunny, uncomfortable, or both. Also the amount of language made it a rather big problem when kids are involved. The reason the language part is a problem is because Hasbro is trying to sell figures and merchandise to not just adult fans, but primarily for kids. These moves shouldn't have no language at all, just very minimal within realistic reason. If the movies are still badass, and appropriate for younger audiences, it makes for a fun franchise for families and friends to love and enjoy, regardless of the age grouping. Sex jokes are just a no, especially the sort that comes from Michael Bay.... it's just so awkward and forced. Plus that means more people can watch it too, thus bringing the next generation of Transformers fans.

Cybertron: Seriously, we need a trilogy of Cybertron films. We need a big budget film for all of the obvious reasons why they should. Plus they should for for a WfC, FoC, Prime, G1 aesthetic combo look. Not the Bayverse version, that was awful.

Unicron: I know some fans like Unicorn being Earth, but personally I'm not a very big fan of it. I'd rather he just be a separate entity from Earth. Makes it a tad easier in my opinion. But it shouldn't be a concept necessarily tossed out either.

Keep in mind that these are my opinions made from my observations of the franchise, and should be take as such and nothing more.

Thanks.

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 6
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If there's one idea I do have it's that I wish they can take elements from other TF series and not just from G1. While I know most people want to see the reboot be more G1 inspired I don't want to see it ignore new ideas and Non G1 concepts in the process either. Like I wouldn't mind seeing a Jetfire that's more like the Armada version,a Breakdown that's more like the Prime version,and a Ultra Magnus that's colored in the Powered Convoy scheme. I'd also like to see humans such as Sari Sumdac show up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Ratchet using his magnet-claw things from Animated again, or TF-Prime Scalpels, or Bayverse Buzzsaw.
    Hell, they could have him use all of the above throughout the sequels. Good way to persuade people to buy a new toy of him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galvatross

Honestly speaking, I don't think the budgets should be heavily increased to make live action films largely or entirely on Cybertron. Just look at TLK, which actually was on Cybertron during the final act and a few earlier scenes. I doubt the general public would support a Cybertron movie as enthusiastically as fans. The film makers need to balance the needs of tens of millions of general audience members with thousands of fans on sites like these, and the fan desires do not always overlap with the former. If I were Paramount, would I trend toward appeasing the fans or general audiences? I think the answer is obvious.

Bay even mentioned the possibility of an entirely robot live action film once after Dark of the Moon, but he said, "Someone would have to fit the bill." They've considered it, but it wouldn't be worth the risk financially.

They're not abandoning Earth any time soon, reboot or not. Normal people want human characters.

In my case, I've seen enough fiction on Cybertron. If anything, I'd like stuff on other planets entirely. One can have sets in remote Earth locations that stand-in for places like Chaar or Paradon or Quintessa or Chaos or Junk or an entirely new world. I wish they went that route instead of Cybertron in Transformers 5.

I'm not crazy about Unicron being the Earth myself, but more important than whether he's Earth or another planet is that he represents chaos. He's not just a planet-sized Transformer; he's the Chaos Bringer.

Personally speaking, I don't even think he needs to be a deity. I'd rather him be the ultimate Quintesson weapon gone rogue or something along those lines. That's actually in line with him being built by Primacron in the cartoon.

I find real humans to be more like the Bay humans and robots than the humans in many other movies. Maybe that says a lot about me and who I know, but real people are weird and ridiculous and say and do strange things just like the Bay movies. Real life has its bimbos, clowns, and over-the-top personalities.

You said your opinions respectfully, so I thought I'd say my thoughts as asked.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Noversalrex1024

Oh it’s no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Move to a another studio.

12. Noversalrex1024

I don’t see it happening, but that also doesn’t necessarily mean it would be a bad idea either.

If you had to pick a studio, which would be best for Transformers, and which would be least helpful for the franchise in your opinion. Also why?

13. Noversalrex1024

I mean it is your opinion and obviously you and I would do it slightly differently. But that doesn’t mean your ideas are bad either. I definitely get what you mean about humans being like that realistically (I sadly know people like that unreal life...ugh). But it gets tiresome, at least for me to see that in a Transformers film, especially so much of it.

Although I must clarify that I wasn’t saying to abandon Earth, far from it. I was referring to the necessity of a Cybertron trilogy for clarification of the backstory of the Transformers for both fan service and so the general population can see how it all began. Plus Cybertron should be explored more too. But that may be just me and a few other Transformers fans. However, for someone like my dad who would rather see it on the big screen rather than me explain it, it’s quite important. It comes off as nerdy and goes over many people’s heads that don’t watch the TV shows or read the comics. For some reason when it’s on a big screen, comes off less nerdy and becomes watchable to the average viewer. However the Earth films are easily just as, if not more important than a Cybertron trilogy.

Does this clarify my meaning more?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Galvatross

Honestly, I don't think any studio is ideal.

Paramount hasn't done a perfect job with any property lately, but I really enjoyed the first four Transformers movies.

Disney is too much of a monopoly and would play things too safe. it might please lots of fans, but it would likely not excite me much.

DC has no clue how to manage budgets. Bay said he would only do Lobo if its budget was slashed.

Sony? No way.

Universal or 20th Century Fox could be good. Fox is really hit-or-miss, but they're also much more likely to make something daring than Disney.

Universal gets over-the-top, CGI action movies in Jurassic World, so I'd be fine with them, too.

I'll say this much. Any reboot would likely be different from Bay's vision, but not exactly in the ways so many movie haters would want. The new movies would have their haters and supporters. The fans of the new reboot will complain when things change too much and don't include enough nostalgia from the earlier rebooted movies. Any reboot is not going to be this universally-praised masterpiece.

And yeah, that explanation makes a little more sense. It's okay to be idealistic if there's realism mixed in. :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Noversalrex1024

So basically, it’s a pros and cons balacing act in the long run. Yeah, I agree that Fox or Universal would be prime candidates due to how they handle properties when compared to other studios....realized I made a pun afterwards, but decided to keep it anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  16. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Warner Brothers/Legendary Pictures would be a good choice I would not go with Universal Pictures, the way how they made Pacific Rim Uprising looked like shit to me the first looked better, and Warner Brothers is a bigger company also+has better effects in movies.

• Like Like x 2
  17. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want the first reboot film to be an abridged version of g1 MTMTE 3-parter. something like this...

The history of Cybertron and the Transformers is explained as the Autobots fly through space on the Ark. As they go into hyperspace, the Decepticons attack with their ship and board the ark. The battle causes both ships to fall out of hyperspace and plummet to the earth. Teenager Danial “spike” Witwicky jr sees the ark make planet fall, during which the autobots and decepticons fall from the ship. A few months later, the autobots are wondering, trying to stay in hiding and stopping the decepticons.

Spike is visiting his father, Danial “sparkplug” Witwicky sr, at a shore side oil refinery when the decepticons(megatron, starscream, soundwave, nightbird, reflector, frenzy and rumble and the constructicons) attack to convert the oil to energy. The autobots arrive and fight them off, and bumblebee saves the pair as the refinery burns. They are brought to meet the other autobots(optimus prime, prowl, jazz, ratchet, ironhide, wheeljack, hound, mirage and road rage). Sparkplug decides to go back and open the families old auto business, which would also hide the autonbots and spike is allowed to help bumblebee scout. While scouting, the pair discover the remains of the ark embedded, but hidden, in the side of a mountain and call the other autobots, who use it as a base. They also discover the other dead or stasis-locked autobots on the ship.

Starsceram flies reflector into orbit and he(they) assume a satellite mode and report a nearby dam that produces energy that the decepticons could harvest for energon cubes. The decepticons attack and take over the dam. The autobots see the news report and head off to stop them. The autobots fight the decepticons and drive them off but are badly beaten and couldn’t stop the decepticons from stealing a large amount of energy. Prowl takes the opportunity to voice his disapproval of helping the humans. The president of the united states realizes that the transformers are now public knowledge and that they may need to pick sides. The decepticons then attack and kidnap him, and a comment by him makes megatron realize that area 51 has the remains of the decepticon ship. They attack and take the facility and begin rebuilding the ship.

The government manages to get a message to the autobots through spike and sparkplug and they are given an airlift to Nevada. The autobots storm the launch site, and are held off by the constructicons forming devastator. During the battle, prowl is killed, the president is saved and mirage goes missing. After a battle between optimus and megatron, the decepticons board the ship and launch. Mirage appears and reveals he used his cloaking to board and sabotage the ship. The ship stops in orbit to pick up reflector and starscream attempts a coup. The ships engines then fail and it falls back to earth and crashes in the ocean. The autobots are introduced to the public and hailed as heroes. At the bottom of the sea, megatron and the other decepticons have survived.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Galvatross: The Movie

• Like Like x 2
  19. Noversalrex1024

I actually like this idea. Obviously, if expanded into much more detail, would be a good way to start a new series for the Live-Action Transformers films. very very G1-like, but I think that is actually a good thing if you ask me. However I'd like to make a couple recommendations/additions.

• I would have not just the president of the US, but other key world leaders taken hostage as well. Like China, Russia, Japan, North and South Korea, UK, and etc.
    • I really like Nightbird being added to your list, however some other great additions, in my opinion, into your roster when it comes to Fembots would be Arcee, Chromia, and Slipstream. however I'd probably only pick one out of the three presented, if given the choice. I'd probably have them introduced in a sequel of your story.
    • I like the Area 51 idea, however I have one question. Is this saying that the Deception ship (I'm guessing is the Nemesis) was the space ship that crashed in Roswell many years back? Cause if that's not the case, I think that would be a fun little nod to the incident if done so.
    What do you think, would these be good improvements or no? What are your thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  20. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *it just doesnt make sense for foreign leaders to be abducted when present events are unfolding in the US, especially with only starscream to fly around and get them, i do see where your coming from though. maybe he grabbs some delagates from washington to, which would explain why the rest of the world would support the autobots afterwards
    *the teams are small now so i dont want to many thrown out. the sequel would see more, likely all three :) 
    *it wasnt intended since they crashed recently and had only been on earth for some months, but it is an interesting idea