REBOOT Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Mar 3, 2018.

1. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do you think the reboot will continue after the bumble bee spin off? as a soft reboot? Like what they did with Age Of Extinction? :rolleyes: 

2. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Depends on how 'Bee ultimately does, but I definitely think Hasbro's ready to move on from Michael Bay's "vision" of Transformers in any event.

If 'Bee fails, I suspect we'll be getting a total reboot, but they may wait a few extra years down the line to let a little bit of the stink wear off.

If it's at least decently successful, though, I figure Paramount will want to strike while the iron still has any heat left and either fast-track a direct sequel to it (as opposed to a sequel to TLK) or pull a NuTrek/DOFP and try to concoct some means of rebooting the continuity itself from 'Bee into a direction that deviates completely from the course of events of the previous films - probably via yet another Big Bad Hi-&-Die Of The Week, only one From The Future!!! (Hell, they could probably just pull a half-@$$ed Time Wars homage and have Cyclonus and Scourge show up in lieu of Megatron-Playing-Second-Fiddle again). Depends on which is the cheaper route, I suppose.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I figure something like G1/Alinged

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just as long as there is a Starscream that tries to overthrow Megatron.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With the change in management at Paramount I'm expecting a hard reboot on everything. It seems like the studio would want to distance itself from the bad years where their movies weren't big enough at the box office.

I'm guessing Hasbro will be happy with a reboot because new designs mean that people have to buy the characters all over again.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I'd say make something less traditional than Bay's Transformers.

Rather than Autobots vs. Decepticons, I want the main conflict to be Jaegertron vs. Matriarch Supreme's Womxn's Justice Division. Then you can have a handful of Autobots, Decepticons, and humans stuck in the middle or as allies of one or the other.

I'd also have it so that the Quintessons were the creators of the Transformers, who were built as warriors to fight the Ogrelords, the enemies of the Quintessons. The Transformers were such successful warriors that the Ogrelords were nearly annihilated, until an Ogrelord named Shrek sneaked the Allspark into the Quintesson factories on Cybertron and gave Transformers life, and the newly conscious Transformers rebelled against their masters. Hence "Shrek is love, Shrek is life."

As an ally of Jaegertron I'd have Lord Farquaad as a shape-shifting, diminutive Quintesson who has a lust for a variety of female aliens, and he was the founder of the Knights of Cybertron, whom were built to rescue alien princesses from alien castles and the creatures and booby traps that guard them.

Another ally of Jaegertron would be Blenderbot. whose day job would be that of a nude art exhibit. At night, he's a spy and thief for his most manly of masters.

• Like Like x 9
  7. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I think we could have something different this time like, Autobots and Decepticons are allies than last movies and fight against a new kind of Transformers.

8. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

If they do an near immediate reboot and decide to keep a bunch of story elements of the bayverse it seems like using that animated prequel about the start of the Cybertronian war might be a possibility...

Otherwise it could really go anywhere... Heh nice one galvatross.

Edit: I guess the big new idea would be a movie/animated feature that starts at the beginning of the epic instead of right in the middle of a galaxy spanning conflict...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

They should give the franchise over to Kevin Feige. He could develop an arc for the movies and then hand the individual movies to individual directors. Seems to be working for this other comic book company...

• Like Like x 4
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Id like one small autobot one decepticon. An effort a practical effects. Maybe a complex costume.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

We have to wait for him to retire from Marvel then :p 

• Like Like x 3
  12. GoLion

GoLion I'm just doing my job

News Credits:
    They just need to do a simple introductory story. No overly complicated nonsense. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO URINATING.

Personally, I'd like to see something more inline with the original transformers.

Autobots and Decepticons crash land on the earth. They're awoken by SOMETHING - fighting starts. Autobots are able to stop the decepticons from completing their evil plan. ALL THE BAD GUYS GET AWAY. Sequel.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

Or in typical Disney fashion, they just buy the entire studio...

• Like Like x 5
  14. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Bee return to a compact or subcompact car alt-mode.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Eh, I'd rather they didn't.

What works for Marvel works for Marvel. I wish the rest of Hollywood in general would figure this out before another forsaken, half-^$$ed would-be 'cinematic universe' blows up on the launchpad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

First and foremost, put the focus on the bots. however theme wise I always imagined something close to the Marvel G1 comics (and now the early IDW period). the Autobots casually hiding in plane sight and moving about and their war with the Decepticons happening outside of the public view. Until it finally spills out into the public eye, but instead of the route of the Michael Bay movies taking the sort of "Post 9/11 GI-Joe anti-alien" mentality, and give us back the hopeful futurist outlook.

Imagine teaser trailers. you're watching a little kid in a car sitting at a traffic stop, playing with a couple of cars. Suddenly a caravan of vehicles roll by and he sees NO DRIVERS, then an empty jeep rolls up and when he looks out in amazement, a light flashes and a hologram driver appears. cue the kid trying to tell his mother in the front seat, as the jeep rolls away "that was close..." coming out of the radio.

Or a sizzling 'car commercial' trailer, playing like a scene out of the Fast and the Furious with sports cars racing through the streets and a police car in hot pursuit. when the come up to a bridge/ramp/stunt jump and the cars goes off the end but before they crash, Transform and slide to safety. As they have a "Bro! that was awesome!" moment, the police car comes up from behind them, it too Transforms and berates them.

If you want one for the Cons, imagine a shot of a middle east conflict, or warzone somewhere where a despotic military commander is being run off by rebel forces of some kind. suddenly what looks like defeat for the commander, an "enemy" tank rolls up, points the barrel at him and holds for a moment before aiming upward and firing at the rebels. Suddenly a trio of jets fly over and decimate the forces behind them. More forces arrive and a mysterious sound comes blaring across a loud speaker, a "rumble" in the background begins and buildings crumble into a massive dust cloud and a cat like howl starts tearing through the shadows and a mechanical bird cry overhead. As the dust settles around the Commander and the tank. you don't see it, but the tank suddenly shifts and as the camera remains focused on the commander's face in shock as you see him begin to look up...

As far as the humans are concerned, I always pictured a Sean Williams Scott sort of actor in the role of Buster (or Spike) Witwicky, more of the blue collar, post-grad mechanic, journeyman skills having dreams of aliens, machinery, or the Creation Matrix and imagining he's being stalked by a fleet of vehicles, always seeing a familiar red semi truck or a yellow car always around him, until one day he gets caught in a cross fire and suddenly a semi truck shielding him stands up.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Blue18

Blue18 Active Member

As drowsy as some movies were, I would have liked to see a sequel as Unicron awakens. Or how to finally defeat Quintessa. Now a reboot, hard or soft, I find stupid.
    Otherwise, more story and less explosions would be nice. The focus is more on the Transformers and less on certain people and it should be better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kackey22

kackey22 Member

Lots of ways to reboot. But as far as making it more like marvel, I think the take away is to make it true to G1, the same way that marvel movies are pretty true in spirit to the comics. Doesn't mean they are hundred-percent acurate to individual storylines, but the characters feel true to the books.

Even visually you can see it in the Marvel films. Pretty gutsy to dress up captain America in the actual red white and blue and get away with it. Most Hollywood people would never do something like that.

As much as they are true to the comics, the films also do a great job of feeling special and unique from one another. Sometimes in really weird ways. And people love them for this!

Would we be able to get something like that with Transformers movies? It would be tough. Most Hollywood creatives don't have that kind insight into the world of Transformers. Not understanding the original material is the reason most of these Hollywood projects fall short. Look at all the other franchises flounder and crash over the last several years.

Most studios knee jerk reaction to anything a little to weird or something they don't understand is to to make it dark and edgy. Hence, Bayformers.

In the perfect world, Hasbro would find the right creative who understands the material to captain the ship. And like Marvel, Hasbro should take over more control over there properties from Paramount.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That has been a big part of the problem but there are other factors that have messed up the idea of hey we can all be exactly like Marvel/Disney.

Too many films have tried to jump to a highly connected film universe without putting in any ground work. The Mummy isn't really about the character of the mummy because it has to spend so much time on look, look, look at all the stuff we have to jump headfirst into the Dark Universe. The Mummy felt less like a movie and more like the longest movie trailer ever made. We had to wait until the end of Iron Man to get just a teaser of a wider superhero world. Heck we had Godzilla and then the very end of Kong Skull Island for the hey we are going to bring back the vs battles of old. The grandpappy of shared universes did Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Wolfman, and most of their horror films before having their monsters cross over with each other.

They don't see that Marvel/Disney evolved in little ways. If you take the barebones basic building blocks of Iron Man and Doctor Strange it's basically the same movie of rich jerk has to learn how to be a hero and then beats the big bad by being smarter. But the movies don't feel like the same movie. Too many studios haven't figured out how to shake things up so that each entry in their universe can feel different while still being connected.

I don't mind if Paramount decides to build some sort of Hasbro universe, but I agree that they need to find their own way.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I for one would prefer it any future reboot did not start from the comfortable starting point of the Autobots and Decepticons arriving on Earth or being on disguise on Earth and having a covert war.

Instead, I'd rather start in a more Season 3-like status quo. No Optimus as leader. Start out with an insane Galvatron or Quintessons or Junkions or something more bizarre altogether. Crazier things could include Jaegertron, the Womxn's Justice Division, Lord Farquaad, or the Lepre-Con Cloverkill.

And the reboot should have Transformium or an equivalent as a concept, and the Lepre-Con Cloverkill can transform by pixelating into gold nuggets and metallic four-leaf clovers! Talk about the luck of the Irish!

• Like Like x 1