Reasons for Faith Leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigRC83, Jan 13, 2012.

1. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You make 3rd party toys seem like James Bond villains.

2. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

"No, Mr. Faith Leader, I expect you to die."

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    And by saying that, you - like MANY other people - can't seem to tell the glaringly obvious difference between third party figures and KO's. I'm not anti-third party. I'm anti-KO. And there is a BIG difference.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :popcorn 

5. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    My faith leader was probably my favorite transformer of all time..until he snapped in half against virtually no force at all. i think it was a hot day and his super cheap plastic turned brittle.

hell i still love that thing. still displays okay in both modes, even though now at this point both fist mechanisms have also broken, in additon tho the fact he is in two parts at the chest /waist.

what i do not love is the fact that over the last 12 months i have politely written iGear 5 times regarding this issue without ever getting any reply at all

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like Faith Leader as I'm not a huge fan of Diecast on modern toys as it sometimes inhibits their play value I feel. So that he's not just a display piece and lacks metal makes it better by a mile than the Hasbro one to me. Not to mention you also get some nice bonus items with them too.

I just wish there was a matching trailer for them.

Was it a first release or clear Faith leader ? I hear they have strengthened it a bit since then.

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

It's kinda hard to tell them apart when nobody pays hastak for using a licensed property. But honestly I'm not disputing the fact that igear used hastak's design. I'm talking about your claim that they knew for sure that MP-10 was coming and they were beating them to the punch. The more likely scenario is that hastak reacted by going after igear's target market. It's not hard to think of MP-09 as an answer to FP either. I wish they'd continue the trend with a Devastator next. I prefer official figures myself.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well to be clear, it's not MY claim. I simply relayed what TCracker previously said in the last MP speculation thread. But whether it's true or not doesn't matter - the part about beating Takara to the punch - as it doesn't change the end result.

As for who does or doesn't pay HasTak - that's their problem to deal with and I don't worry or care about any morality of the situation. All I know is that when a third party like TFC or FP come out with entirely original figures that they designed, engineered & produced, or when someone crates add-on weapons, heads or stickers, then all the power to them because it showcases some innovation and effort. If that's how iGear did things out of the starting gate, then I wouldn't have a negative to thing to say about them. But as it is, all I think iGear have done is hurt, mislead & devalue the market. Just my opinion of course - not trying to change any minds.

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better scale?
    [​IMG]

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is completely understandable.

Personally while I love the IGear Seekers myself I can understand ones hate of KO's. Honestly though I don't see them completely as knock offs myself. Take the coneheads for instance, while the base of the body has indeed been KO'd there's a whole lot of new stuff going on there as well, they're not exact copies of anything previously made.

Now the other Seekers I'd consider more as KO's but even then there's SOMETHING different from the HasTak versions to not consider the IGear versions exact copies.

In the end everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I just wish everyone would realize that and leave the arguments out of the threads.

11. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stolen IP is a stolen IP regardless of a direct mold design rip or a character style rip. No third party is innocent of this in regards to whole figures.

Crying about it ain't going to change peoples minds so get over it already.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That didn't take long.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Understood. I didn't mean to take us off topic. I just wanted to make clear that I wasn't really talking about the end result.

You are correct sir. Keeping things on topic I agree that scale is the reason for Faith leader's existance.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like Faith Leader due to the size - but I currently do not chase the Seekers as i was never really especially fond of that mould anyway.. it's to big and not much fun, very fragile and I never really enjoyed it I felt I was on egg shells with them. So as I don't like the originals I don't feel much need to buy a different coloured copy.

But I'm not really feeling very much joy for the Masterpiece line over all they just lack a bit of fun for me they are 'unwieldy'.