Reasons Beyond the Norm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wollstone, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I was messing around with my PCC Smolder just now and it occurred to me that I tend to buy figures with a firefighter theme without hesitation. My little brother is a firefighter, so I guess every time I get a Transformer with that theme he is somewhere in the back of my mind influencing me to make the purchase.

I've also got Universe 1.0 Inferno, Universe 2.0 Inferno, and Generations Red Alert.

Do you make Transformer purchases like that for reasons beyond anything involving Transformers?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes. For me, its green transformers. I love the color green. Any transformers that's painted green has a higher chance for me to purchase even if the mold completely sucks.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Does that mean you own Fractyl?

I also just noticed I collect police cars. I'm a criminologist.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

For me, it's jets. I LOVE jet Transformers. I guess it has something to do with how my first Transformer was a Beast Machines Sonic Attack Jet.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    unfortunately for him, I am not too fond of beast.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The power of green compels you...

7. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oddly enough I'm the same with Fire Trucks, no idea why. I dont think I know any fire fighters, I just like them. Sometimes I even pick up non TF fire trucks if they catch my eye, and by extension I tend to grab any TF with the inferno name, regardless of what he is.

I have a passing affinity for jets, but not to the extreme of Fire Trucks. That I can chalk up to all the Airfix model kits I built as a kid.

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

For me i find that certain alt modes appeal to me. Tankformers are a must buy. Most jets and helicopters to. I do not have any colors that appeal like this. Oh and Optimus prime. Must buy prime!

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    There's not really any rhyme or reason I buy certain things other than the fact they have Transformers on the box.

10. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

I'm that way with shiny Transformers. If it's shiny, I'll buy it without hesitation.

This usually manifest itself in chrome. If it's got chrome, I must have it. Even if the toy itself sucks. (Good thing that hasn't happened yet.)

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    If it has a beast mode, I'll buy it as soon as I see it. Even if I do think the robot mode might suck like ROTF Scorponok does. Yet either good or bad, its still the only hint of my childhood left in modern transformers.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me I get very tempted if I see something I can repaint into a custom character, especially my main one Burnout.

I've bought Drift (two actually), Red Alert, and now Sidearm Sideswipe all with the idea of repainting him into Burnout.

I'm tempted to buy another Soundwave to turn him into another custom character. Thunderwing also. Tracks is also tempting for another Burnout.

It doesn't help that Transformers already has a precedent of characters with the same mold allowing my mind to justify why my character looks like X character...

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Ah, but you bought ROTF Scorponok for reasons beyond beast mode. ;)  He has those Beast Wars homages painted all over him.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i bought banzaitron today for his name....

movie decpeticons are my crack, i can't stop myself, no matter how many i buy i buy more! autobots.....only the movie line do i got more decepticons than autobots....i don't know how i'm gonna fit banzaitron on that shelf

i do buy some toys for the alt modes but most of the times it has to be either a cool toy or the character will sell it on me, but i do have a ton of jets and emergency vehicles

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got something for helicopter TFs, and buy most of them (Blazemaster and his repaints being exceptions), though I find I am often disappointed.

Maybe not an unusual reason, but I find I've been buying a lot of the ROTF/HFTD scout class toys, mainly for the novel and unusual alternate mode choices. (I tend to keep them in the preferred altmode too)

16. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

Army type vehicles and seekers.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Scout class toys have become a wonderful bastion of quirkiness.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the only problem I have with displaying things in alt mode is, sometimes they take up a lot more space than Robot mode

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Weird alt modes and/or color schemes usually are an instant purchase. God help me if they ever make a G2-inspired redeco of ROTF Ejector :p 

20. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    for me it is any emergency vehicle, especially ambulances. probably because i am a paramedic, and a firefighter myself.
    i am also very partial to minicon/micoromasters, and bases of any kind. dont know why on that one though.