Reasonable Starscream recolor explanation(RoS related)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Jul 28, 2008.

1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    though we've seen from the set pictures that the starscream model(at keast the jet mode) is largely unchanged, getting into the reign of starscream made me think of a way to explain a G1 recolour
    having taken the reigns of decepticon leadership from megatron, starscream(traditionally being the self absorbed type) would have his colour changed into those of transformer roaylty(which just so happen to be red, blue and white)
    i came up with this after looking at the other seeker designs within reign of starscream 2 and 3 and wondering why starscream alone was dull and metallic.

well, that's my input for the day, make of it what you will

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Well considering that he is a Earth jet, it's more than likely he'll keep the same colors as in TF1. Since the colors happen to "fit" a F-22 Raptor more.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Starscream becoming a red, blue and white F-22 would make about as much sense as Barricade becoming a green police car or Ratchet becoming a black ambulance.

4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Indeed.

5. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Starscream is fine as he is... besides all those colours on a sleek platted F-22 would look really weird.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    No, Starscream looks fine as he is I think.
    His G1 colours would look a mess.

Your reasoning for it is pretty good though.

7. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Hmmm considering the idea further. I've been wondering if they at some point intro Thundercracker and Skywarp... they're gonna have to make them different models of planes or else the general audience won't be able to tell the 3 of them appart while in alt-mode. Colouration change would be an idea then, but yeah could get in the way as well.

8. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    nonono, i didn't mean them actually doing it
    it'd look ridiculous
    but that would be a good way to explain it away

9. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Yeah i know... just putting down something i've been pondering a while.

Seriously speaking the G1 colour thing just wouldn't work in the movies... might as well put a huge SHOOT ME sign on them with colours like that and the military being aware of their existence.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I always thought if they made Skywarp/Thundercracker they'd use the F-35 Lightning II/JSF since its basic shape is the same as the F-22 but smaller and a single engine.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think the G1 colors would work, but it would be nice if they could find a more interesting color. I know the jet is still really really really new, but given how the production team seem to work well with the Pentagon you'd think they could find out if any units were using a more interesting color.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I have to disagree.
    I mean granted; StarScreams red, white, and blue might not work too well on his alt mode, but some color could be incorporated in robot mode.
    I've never been a fan of that dingy shit color he has in the movie.
    It makes Starscream boring and uninteresting.

Both Megatron and Starscream suffered from boring color schemes.

I hated both of their robot modes, however I remember about a year ago someone photoshopped movie Megs in his G1 color, and it made that bad robot mode more interesting to look at.
    So I guess what I'm saying is, Starscream (and Megatron) both need some variation in color, and it would help make a bad design look better.

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Not that this is ever going to happen in this film but quite honestly you dont have to change the color scheme of the F22 at all you could just change the color scheme of the robot mode Its not like its impossible for a colorshifting its not like barricade always had Police written on his arms.

You could always just change his head design/color or the accents to the parts that are not part of the exterior of the jet mode. Honestly I d rather see him reformat into a better robot mode than new color scheme. Just still not a fan of Ape scream. Its a cool bot mode but its not a good starscream

14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    To be honest I was thinking more of his alt mode when I made that comment anyway. But then I don't mind how his robot mode is now either.

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    The G1 color scheme is good for the cartoon, but not necessarily good for a live action movie. He wouldn't be in "disguise" enough.

16. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Nope...all F-22s are the same color since any sort of regular paint would degrade its stealthiness (it has a special radar absorbant material on its skin).

So, there would be no way to make SS look more interesting in jet mode. Megatron should have been more 'distinguished', though. He still retained his Cybertronian form and could've easily had something similar to his G1 colors.

Something they CAN do for Screamer in ROTF would be to give him some sort of distinguishing characteristics while he's on Cybertron establishing himself as leader of the Decepticons...some sort of 'markings', or even something along the lines of his G1 coronation garb (I'm actually surprised he doesn't have something like that in the RoS comic).

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Maybe add some red, white, and blue highlights so parts that won't show up in jet mode?

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like Starscream's colours. He looks awesome in robot mode in the various shades of metallic greys, silvers and slight gold highlights.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I like him the way he is. Maybe he can gain some markings when he takes over, but I don't see him, or any other returning characters, changing their colors or looks in any one way other than maybe some added details.