Reasonable Dissappointment .

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 12, 2011.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Although I am proud and ecstatic over what this series has accomplished over the last few years.My only beef is the treatment of Lord Megatron . As the primary antagonist of almost every TF series ever,and one of the greatest pop culture villains of all time. It pains me to see one of my favorite characters reduced to sitting on the side of a building M.I.A for atleast 30 mins.It seemed as if ol'Megs was only a shell of the once feared decepticon leader we knew and loved for the way he was. All Megatron fans can agree his good name has been soiled in a matter of two films and should have been left in the Laurentian Abyss where there he would have still had dignity.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    You've missed the argument buddy. Many have discussed this before but my general input is that Megatron was still a badass in the last 2 films. Post one lame thing that Megatron did in RotF? What I realised was that due to the pacing of the film and the spreading out of the action and Megatron's screentime, Megatron (who appeared basically since the beginning of the film as opposed to the end) didn't seem as amazing where as in TF1 he appeared in the end was had a lot of screentime.

In other media like TV, Megatron could take a beaten and get better (I Got Better - Television Tropes & Idioms) the next episode where as the films follow a continunity where damage is real. In fact the reasonable equivalent is Mortal Combat - the final episode of Armada where Optimus and Megatron nearly destroyed each other.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron ends up with a bad case of Japanese Villain Syndrome. Even if he's supposed to be a badass character, and even if he's established as one in the first film, when the new villain is introduced to sell new toys, they show how much MORE badass he is at the expense of how Megatron looks. Of course, as mentioned before there's so little screentime for most of the transformers it's very difficult to establish anything about anyone.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megs' portrayal in the first movie was decent enough, but the subsequent films gave him shorter and shorter ends of the stick. During my second viewing of DOTM, on which I actually took the time to analyze things more, I was stunned by just how little screen time he got. Barring his butting into the final battle between Optimus and Sentinel, the guy practically did fuck-all. Truly a sad moment for Megatron fans.

Japanese Villain Syndrome. I like that. Used to know the phenomenon as 'villain decay', but this is far better. :lol 

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :lolol  i agree

6. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I thought that they would have a last cool battle between them after Megatron said something to Optimus(can't remember what he said). I can see that they wanted to show a fight with Sentinal but I think it would have been cool if Optimus fought his arch-nemesis like in the last episode of Armada.