Reason to cancel a bid...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SydneyY, May 20, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have just had a bidder cancelling a bid on my auction (it's about one more day to go) and his reason is "cannot Contact the seller". The funny thing is that I have never heard from him. I receive messages from ebay or other members just fine, so I'm inclined to think he's BSing even though he has 100% feedback.
    (I have already messaged him to let me know when and how he tried to contact me.)

I haven't sold hundreds of stuff on ebay, so this is the first bid cancellation I copped. That's all but I'm pissed, not because I lost the only bidder on the item :) redface2:) , but "Cannot contact the seller" kind of makes me look bad, don't you think?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    when people do that to me i block them.

same thing with stupid questions and offers

3. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Good one. I never thought of that...it will give me a small satisfaction, eh :) 

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I think if they had an option when cancelling which was "eyes bigger than wallet" it would probably be commonly used... contact them and ask what the reason was, I think if they cancel a bid they can't bid again? Not sure on that but blocking would be a plan...

5. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Is there any way to check the bidders other purchases?
    If he bought the same item from someone else, around the time he cancelled the bid, the that would prove his story to be BS.

If he found one cheaper from someone else, he may be trying to get out of buying yours.

Good luck

6. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Why bother? Maybe he changed his mind. You can do that before the last 12 hours or so.

Maybe he'll bid again.

7. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

haha....nope...you can cancel bids and rebid all day long till the cows come home...unless the seller blocks you of course...ebay does not block you if you cancel a bid....they should though....

8. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thanks, guys.

Ah, so those reasons are options you have to choose from, not the one you type up? See I didn't even know that.

Possibly. He placed the bid almost as soon as I listed the item, so he might have found a better deal elsewhere in the meantime. I thought my price wasn't that bad, but oh well.

I know he changed his mind, what I'm pissed about (not much so now, after a night's sleep) is that he kind of blamed it on me. If his reason was "changed my mind srry', it would have been better :( 

Thanks for the confirmation :)  I'm gonna block him.

edit; um, how do I block a bidder? Will anyone please tell me? :redface2: 

Last edited: May 20, 2008