Really uninteresting G1 UK Marvel Comic question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ryan F, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Right, this seems trivial, but there's a question that's been bugging me, so I'm here to ask the experts!

Here goes:

The UK comic was published weekly between issues 27 and 308, and then fortnightly from 309 onwards.

However, the cover date for 308 is 9th Feb 1991, and the cover date for 309 is nearly a whole month later, 2nd March 1991.

So why the month gap? Three possibilities...

1) There were no UK comics published at all for an entire month (if this is the case, it'd be the only time during the entire 332-issue run).

2) Marvel changed the format of how they date-stamped the issues - maybe the cover dates used to signify the off-sale date, and they changed the system so now the cover dates referred to the day of release; or vice-versa, or used some other new method of dating.

3) There's a typo in there somewhere, and the dates for these issues are just inaccurate.

Anybody got any info on this? It has got me scratching my head!

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically it's only three weeks between the issues.
    They maybe held it back a week so they could start the fortnightly issues from the start of March.

3. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe I read somewhere that Marvel changed the way it numbered issues to make the dates more closely reflect that actual issuing dates. Not sure when that was, but may have something to do with it.