Really underwhelmed

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrNiceGuy, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Uuuuuh...yeah.

No.

I understand Lucas likes to make this claim that he had it all planned out like this from the beginning, but there's quite a bit that goes against that. All of it from his own pen-to-paper drafts. Here's just one example of what I'm talking about:

‘The Adventures Of Luke Starkiller’: Peter Mayhew releases pages from his 1976 Star Wars script

And there's no way I'll ever believe that Leia was always intended to be Luke's sister. As was stated, there's sexual tension between Luke and Leia in both ANH, and ESB. I honestly believe that Leia was intended to be a non-related Force-user. Re: Yoda's claim, "...there is another." Funny that only he considered that and not Obi Wan who knew of BOTH, as was demonstrated in the later-written prequels.

And the claim that Vader was mostly a "thug" for Tarkin (and the not-seen Emperor) in ANH is also valid. While I would say both Vader and Tarkin are equally the primary antagonists in ANH, the references to the Emperor make THAT more of a plausible movie set-up for a future plot device than the "brother-sister" connection which seemingly came out of NOWHERE even in 1983.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    So far I don't really care and didn't follow any of the news. It's probably just another one of those. I'm not gonna pay to see this movie.

3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you do have a point there.

like i mentioned, i'd have to see in what context that whole situation plays out.

w/ Bumblebee, it was off. i won't mind if what you stated plays out in the movie. let's hope that Grimlock at least could talk because then, he'd really just be a "dumb animal" that just grunts and groans, which, again, I won't mind, but it's going to be an opportunity missed if, and only IF, if Grimlock delivers funny and amusing lines.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Agreed, I would at least like Grimlock to talk as well since the other times he has acted like an animal he has offered up amusing comments to go alongside them. Like I would imagine the scene in the 1986 film I referred to wouldn't be as funny if Grimlock didn't have the ability to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Not safe for nought to three sad onions

Huh, I did not know of much of this before hand. I retract my statements from earlier about Star Wars then.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    drone whip is the single best character in the entire franchise, you leave him alone

• Like Like x 7
  7. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

No worries, man, it's all good.

:thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  8. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Not underwhelmed at all. The way the trailers/tv spots have been edited is to NOT show or tell any of the plot. So, there hasn't been anything to be underwhelmed by yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Active Member

Princess Leia isn't just some girl. She's the daughter of one of the leaders of the rebel alliance, and has quite a bit of a reputation of her own

Anyway, as was said. Let's just wait for the movie to come out. I am still going to see it, as I said. It's obligatory for me now. And who knows? There has been an influx of shitty trailers of late. That doesn't necessarily mean the movie will be bad. I'd wager there's a good chance it could be better than AOE and it would hard to be as bad as ROTF

10. Galvatross

Galvatross Keep calm and hail Jaegertron! Veteran

My guess is Galvatron probably just upgrades into his ancient Knight form somehow; hopefully we see it happen. Although he'll be made of Transformium regardless of how he transforms.

And yeah, that's the thing. Regardless of whether someone is excited or not for the film we can't form solid opinions until we actually the film a few months from now.

By the way, while there are plenty of things I do like so far I don't love everything. For instance, I am a little concerned there may be too much going on in the film, and I am not too crazy about Hot Rod's face. However, I guess we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Active Member

I'm not sure that makes sense, but it's probably the closest thing to a possible explanation.

Not like the last movie? I heard it was two different scripts jammed together, and it felt like it. (I'm assuming that one was about Galvatron and KSI, and the other was Lockdown and the Creators)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

Well the reason it looks bad that izzy is mouthing off to Megatron and not bad when Leia does it is so simple. Darth Vader was a new villain when the first Star Wars came out and Leia was a new character too, now their not. If a brand new character in Star Wars for all purposes could only rebuild droids went up to Darth Vader and balatantly shouted "im not afraid of you" in his face. You'd want said character dead immediately, because that is what logically would happen, they'd die. That's why seeing Izzy scream at Megatron is stupid. Because WE the audience know how powerful and evil Megatron is. And to have a tiny human child who's good at rebuilding stuff run up to him and threaten him is ridiculous and annoying, you want them to die. Megatron is literally considered the biggest terrorist in existence in the TFCU. Like someone said earlier, It'd be like if I went up to Joseph Stalin when he's surrounded by his Secret service and telling him he looked stupid. It's just idiotic writing. Although I do appreciate that they had Cade call her an idiot basically after that scene.

13. Galvatross

Let me elaborate on the first point. I don't think Megatron will simply automatically upgrade to his new form by thinking of becoming a Knight. I think Galvatron gets into the Knights' Temenos, grabs the melee weapon that was once his, and gets upgraded by the Temenos into Megatron's ancient Knight form that way. Remember, the part of Lockdown's ship crashed in the limestone hills, and that is the direction Galvatron is last seen headed.

As for the last movie, I don't think it's really convoluted or had too much going on at all. Sure, it's the longest of the films, but length has never bothered me much. Its core Transformers cast is relatively small. Sure, it has many KSI drones and alien creatures on Lockdown's ship, but those are CGI creatures (or practical effect puppets in the case of those upside-down, imprisoned aliens) and not characters.

And both the hunting of Transformers by Lockdown and Cemetery Wind and KSI building Transformers and being manipulated by Megatron are highly interconnected. KSI, Megatron's head, and Cemetery Wind are all the result of DOTM's events. Lockdown and Cemetery Wind kill the Earth-bound Transformers they are aware of, and KSI attains the remains to melt down into Transformium and build their own robots, which Megatron takes advantage of while turning the situation into his advantage. If KSI and Lockdown/Cemetery Wind had nothing to do with each other, then that would seem more like two conflicting scripts, but they were highly connected.

Additionally, the subplots of the film are thematically connected, but that's something for another thread.

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

It's objectively not what would happen, because Vader didn't immediately murder Leia. You can't tell me that a spoiled princess has any more combat experience than a orphan in a war torn ruined part of Chicago.

15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    I'm not convinced that Megatron has anything to do with being a Knight, I'm sorry :( 

I can't get my head around how he can be. How Optimus can make a Prime/knight also confuses me?

Wish June would hurry up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvatross

It actually makes a lot of sense. There are certainly plenty of clues.

First, there's Megatron's new design and the words "Megatron" and "Knight" written in Cybertronian in promotional images.

However, even well before TLK was announced there were hints.

Back in the summer of 2013 a picture of Cybertronian melee weapon props was revealed on various sites. The person who took them said that at least one of the weapons belonged to Megatron. The picture was taken down from various sites at the request of Paramount.

Then in the film we see in the Knight Ship and Knights' Temenos various melee weapons that once belonged to the Knights, including the big sword that Optimus uses when he upgrades slightly.

Finally, it is true Lockdown claimed he had captured all of the Knights over a time span of centuries. However, he very specifically was trying to capture Optimus alive. He shoots him through the chest with his face-gun and impales him with his own sword, but he never tries to kill him. Since he was trying to capture Optimus alive it stands to reason that the Quintessons wanted the other Knights to be alive for their purposes. There is no indication Lockdown was aware of Megatron's survival; he probably considered the Decepticon leader dead and therefore useless for the purposes of his employers. He legitimately thought he had captured every living Knight. Little did he realize that there was one alive and kicking on Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CKPRIME

Why couldn't he be both a Prime and a knight?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

You missed my point entirely. Leia and Vader in a New Hope were NEW CHARACTERS. As in nobody had a pre-conceived notion of how powerful Vader actually was and or the story between Leia and Vader and how kick ass both characters really are. And New Hope didn't have a trailer to blast a scene of her mouthing off to the main villain. But anyway like I said new characters. But Megatron is not a new character. We know completely and fully well how dangerous and powerful he is and how absolutely nobody, hell not even Optimus, mouths off to him. And then on the flip side Izzy IS a new character. So we have this completely new character come onto the big screen and the only sense of a personality we have for her is that she can hide under big robots made of rubble and scream insults at a massive pop culture villain. My Comparison is just this, if somebody (nowadays) mouthed off to Darth Vader they'd be vaporized instantly, because his character has garnered that respect as one of the greatest villains of all time. Hell Krennic tried to persuade Vader in Rogue one and got force choked in two seconds. Why? Because you don't disrespect Vader's character. And yes, Megatron in the TFCU is no Darth Vader. But he is still MEGATRON! He's been in every single film thus far. And what i am saying is it is disrespecting the character even more (not like its been done enough) when you have this teenager talk trash to this demi-god like figure then get away with it. Compare sam's attitude toward Megatron to Izzy's. She'd be acting like sam if this made any real sense.

19. CKPRIME

It doesn't matter what the preconceptions are, that's totally irrelevant. The point I responded to, and quoted is still objectively wrong.

That's absolutely wrong. He flat out calls him weak in RoTF. His "Time to find out" line in DotM is pretty much calling him out too.

20. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Active Member

That doesn't even make sense in that context.
    "megatron just came back from the dead."
    "so weak!"

as for DOTM, anyone with eyes could see that Megatron was rusting and a shadow of his former self. He only took Sentinel by surprise. Optimus knew he could handle him.