Really, for those who have him, whats the quality of KO Devastator?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimusconvoy, Nov 19, 2009.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I mean the one that is an exact replica of the G1, I would like to know if he deverves an effort on my part to buy him.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have a KO Dev, but those I do have are er, acceptable quality, if you don't mind loose and incorrect decals. BTW, the mini KO Combiners are in scale with G1 Metroplex!

3. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I have two, the green Chinese ko I have is pretty sweet. The only difference I found is that the connector pieces for scavenger, bonecrusher and hook are plastic instead of metal. Otherwise an all around solid combiner ko, beats the heck out of any other ko combiners I have or have seen. This one left me happy enough to not worry about getting the authentic.
    The other one I have is the multi-colored ko that pretty much is on par or a little below the standards of the ko superion and defensor I have.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I got one years ago when I just got back into collecting and didn't know what a KO was. Three of the six toys broke by taking them out of the package and the stickers are horrendous on all of them. BUT it's cheap and would be a decent fill in for Devestator until you could afford a real one!

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I literally spent $8 on the Big Lots yellow KO Devastator just for the chest plate.

In all, the figure's not bad by knock off standards, but it's not exactly good either. And one of them doesn't have a head, I can't remember which one at the moment.

6. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I got the same one a month ago. Good for display, but the stickers don't really stay too well, and I think they all have a head, but one either doesn't come out right like it's supposed to, or missing paint apps, can't recall. Don't play with him if you want the thing to stay together.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's a ton of different devastator KOs out there, so its going to vary heavily from one to another.

If you're talking about the one that attempts to closely mimic G1 as much as possible (like the other G1 KOs we're constantly being warned about), I was under the impression it was pretty good, but still a knockoff, so plastic quality suffers a bit. I'm not entirely sure as to whether the metal parts have been replaced with plastic, but that's also possible.

The multi-colored one from dollarama has poor color-matching, but the quality is actually pretty good considering it sold for ~$6-8 a set (~$1 each). The green giftset in the blister pack like the other scramble city combiners used to be pretty good, but a couple years ago, the plastic quality took a nosedive and the packaging was changed slightly, so I can't say I'm a huge fan of it. The mini one is really fun, and the quality is surprisingly good.

8. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    The price went up? Used to be $5 when I got mine from Big Lots. Walgreen had them, $12 for 3. No complaints.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Well, considering the going prices for Deluxes and Scouts now, and the fact that Big Lots also sells LoC's for $4, Scouts for $7.50, and Deluxes for $9.50. I'd say the price mark-up is more a case of the dollar's decline than anything that can be attributed to Big Lots as a company.

10. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely horrible prieces of crap. Touch them and they will break. My Hook's arm broke off just be transforming the damn thing and Devastator is horrifically unstable.

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    The one I saw in person was OK. Plastic quality is decent, but chrome was too thick causing some figures to not transform properly. Some joints were way too loose, while others way too tight. I remember Long Haul came with stressed legs because the leg pin was too tight and bent the plastic sideways, likely when originally inserted. I didn't can't a chance to combine them.

Each figure will probably need a bit of retooling if these problems are common.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The OP is NOT talking about the cheap KOs folks, but the recent "expensive"/accurate one!!!

14. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

15. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I bought the yellow biglots devs years ago and he seemed ok. Not great, but good for sitting there. I recently picked up another one and my son wanted the old one, so I gave it to him. 4 of the 6 guys broke when really gently being transformed