Really disappointed in Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    You and I fall on the same side of this issue, sir.

2. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll e getting 3 still. Combaticons, battle Gaea and g2 combaticons

3. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I cant believe theres a thread bashing this figure already?! Didnt we want combiners? Didnt we want hasbro to reintroduce combiners? So what the first pic isnt exactly the most perfect thing! Its leaps an bounds better then the Energon versions ,hes also made up of all deluxe sized figures, an it's going to cost a hell of a lot less then the 3rd party Brut! I swear, some people want the impossible ( perfect edition ) of a figure an want it for no more then $10.00.

4. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

This monstrosity looks awful. FP Bruticus still reigns supreme. Hope no one sold theirs hoping this one would be better...

I'm cool with that. My FP Bruticus gets the job done spectacularly so no need for this one.

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

In exactly what way it's mistransformed is impossible to say until someone gets it in hand. However, things that appear to be mistransformed are:

1) the right leg is not properly locked into the torso
    2) There appears to be a hinge on the left arm that will raise the forearm a bit, resulting in a more portioned left arm.
    3) While not actually a mistransformation, the right hand is holding a weapon that makes it look like he has a claw hand instead of a regular right hand. It also makes his arm look disproportionate.

Based on these three observations, it's clear that they could have done a better job transforming it/making it look it's best. A hopeful person can assume there are a few more things wrong, such as:

4) There is some way to push the shoulders in more, getting rid of the large gap where the connections are.

5) Putting the gun on Bruticus' back for the sake of accuracy.

If all most of these observations are right, then bruticus will look exactly how everyone whining wants him to look. There's an edited photo somewhere a member made where he did all of these things and it looked absolutely perfect. Also taking into account hasbro almost ALWAYS shows up mistransformed pictures, everyone needs to hold onto their metaphorical horses.

On a side note, it is really sad that Hasbro does this so often. I honestly dont' understand how they manage to mistransformed almost every time. I can typically transform a figure up to about 99% accurately on my first go, no instructions. I don't get why the creators of these figures seem to be unable to do so.

6. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

How many times have these pictures beeen mistransformed, All the time. And you know the great thing about transformers... fan modes, if you don't like the look makeyour own. It could be worse, it could be like supreme Devastator.

7. cartman5579

cartman5579 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in two years time people will have this in their display, over FP Bruticus. AND that there will be a 3rd Party add on set that will make this thing even better then i'm sure it will already be right out of the box (which will probably also be made by FP).

8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Around 60 dollars for a tall combiner no disappointment here, sure and hell beats 600

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

This was posted in the bruticus thread in News and Rumours section.

This is what he will most likely look like when properly transformed

[​IMG]

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    It helped me in not having high hopes. FP Colossus and TFC Hercules have spoiled us with Transformers combiners. I expected this guy to be PCC but upsized with transforming limbs, and that's pretty much exactly what he is.

I'm just happy this thing has been made. It can serve as a proof of concept to Hasbro so they can start to work on improving combiner engineering. Maybe a few years down the road we'll get third-party levels of combiners.

11. optimax

optimax Member

You are right but then again something needs to be sacrificed at the end. :( 

12. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    You know, plenty of PCC gestalts had arms that weren't close to the same length. Would not surprise me at all if Bruticus has the same problem.

13. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Looks good to me no complaints.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Bruticus looks okay, to me. Having Onslaught as a deluxe may not've been the best choice, but it's still okay.

But Vortex, on the other hand....

15. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

lol. hand

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I did not see that ahead of time....

Anyway; *Rimshot*

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay, I really hope this is a closer picture to what we will be getting. This looks rather good and was only done with a minor change.

18. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IIRC - they have mentioned combiners being introduced in TF Prime. (having one of those days where its hard to separate what was actually said by Hub vs what my hve been speculated on teh boards)

it would be pretty awesome if there was a Prime style gestalt combiner in the works, or high sales of this one convinced them to develop one for the RID line. They do already have 2 stunticons with confirmed toys (breakdown obviously, and dead end-- though i suspect, as someone else already said- dead end may just be a redeco of knockout)

anyways...

19. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Even if the combiner mode isnt the best, I love the way the limbs robot modes look!

20. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Most of the ads and photos like that aren't taken by Hasbro or Takara people at all. They're done by an outside ad agency who doesn't know dick about Transformers...so you get a tangled mess almost every time.