Really disappointed in Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Barack Obama?

2. Super-Eva-Prime

Super-Eva-Prime Powermaster

This. ^
    For gawdsakes, the fandom really needs to lighten up already. For the past couple years, fans have griped that there was no Deluxe-sized combiners, Hasbro finally makes one that fits the current game being released at the time so it'll also sell to non-collectors that peruse store-shelves, being most likely their angle on it, shows a few preliminary photos and people already have gone from the initial "OMG, this is great" to already nitpicking the photos with the biggest nerd-scalpel on the market and griping. Good god, wait until the figures are at least finalized, or in-package, or dare I say in-hand before the new gripe-fest begins.

Me, I love this Bruticus, and am more than happy Hasbro's finally made a Deluxe sized one! Sure, I wish Onslaught was bigger, but then again, it's from a game continuity where all the characters generally have to be the same size. Also, if it helps dealing with it, you could say that part of the "combiner process" at this early point in history required him to be downsized, etc... Ultimately, I'm happy for this, it's a great step forward for Hasbro, can't wait to see it in-stores!

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    :lol 

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm not as excited for him as I was when we saw Brawl and Swindle, but then again, Brawl is one of the better individuals.

The Blastoff arm if left in shuttle mode rather than folding out the arm will not have an elbow joint, but at least it will be shorter and make things look more compact. Also, the elbow joint doesn't look like it will do much anyway. The gun is also making Bruticus look incredibly silly. He will probably be very good when combined and make for a good display piece. I'll just make sure he can rest against something so he doesn't fall over.

Also, I think it would've been better if Blastoff just turned into the gun arm that Bruticus has in the game, instead of giving him that ridiculous gun made out of guns.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I don't know what is worse: the fact a good number of fans STILL don't get that more often than not these promotional pictures are often mistransformed, or that Hasbro hasn't figured this out yet and keeps making the same mistakes. Especially considering that big freaking gap in Blast Off in arm mode that quite clearly means the lower forearm is supposed to fold up better.

As for the figure itself in what I'm assuming is the right configuration, the only big issue is the long "shoulders", but those can be easily forgiven if this guy has lateral shoulder articulation. The gap needs to be there if so, because otherwise all that shoulder armor is going to collide with the head.

Not to mention that this is an improvement over PCC's in just about every way.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Is this how like Megatron disciplines the Combaticons when they mess up the Nemesis or eat the last of the energon cubes or something? "Bruticus, I am REALLY disappointed in you. Go to your room to think about what you've done."

Seriously, you cannot be disappointed in something that isn't even close to out yet. I'm shocked by how many figs I ended up loving that looked super ugly from preview pics, DoTM Laserbeak and Generations WreckGar I am looking at you.

Transformers = robits what turn into cars, planes and tanks. Transfans = humans what turn into histrionic manchildren. MORE THAN MEETS THE EYES!

7. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I like the combined mode. I think the poseability might make up for the weird proportions. And from what I've seen, the individual deluxes are much nice than you'd see in other combiners, so there's that. Buying merely one wouldn't be wasted money.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think I will wait for the final to judge.

The thing I never understand is how Hasbro, over and over again have mistransformed pictures of their product out in the market place. This is not even a new phenomenon. This has been going on forever.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I just love how offended so many people get when other people give negative feedback to the exact pictures that Hasbro themselves photographed & released en mass for promotional purposes. Reality check: we shouldn't have to sit here and figure out or assume how mistransformed or inaccurately photoshop'd THEIR pictures are before passing judgements. Again with these people and their white hat blind allegiance to Hasbro... yeesh.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i see a ko of onslaught as a voyager in our future, but other than that, i really like where they are going with it

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Acknowledging a mistransformation is not blind alligence, it is merely understanding Transformers.

12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    :lol 

14. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I dunno - I don't hate it. It's different... maybe in a good way?

Still kinda lost as to why Vortex is red and gold, but whatever.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Point still stands: there shouldn't have to be any interpretation or assumption of mistransformation at all if Hasbro would just take an extra five f'ing minutes to release properly transformed promo pics. I mean, they designed these things for christ's sake. And the Hasbro minions still need relax at other people's possible negative reactions to these very same pictures. We have to sit and hear them mess their pants about promo pics, so they can do the same when the so called "haters" bring up just as valid counterpoints.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes Hasbro should transform TFs properly when promoting them. Do they? I think they mistransform more bots for pics and displays than they get right. It is what it is. At this point I think there must be some game going on as to how much they can fuck up a figure and still see the photos to print.

People will love and people will hate. Lovers will attack haters and haters will attack lovers. Nature of humanity, if you don't like it the best you can do is ignore it.

17. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think they just look at it as, it's a children's toy. How many children really know if the thing is mistransformed or not?

If they function like any American/Global company in this economy, I am sure they are at 50% staff. All the staff is over worked and the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing because of this.

Not the first time we've seen this from them or the last.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Even with the few apparent transformations... i like it. Really looking forward to this even if there are 8,000 knee-jerk reaction threads.

19. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Personally it think its great

20. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Well-Known Member

Well... my fears about Onslaught being deluxe size are now confirmed. I was hopeing that the other combaticons were going to be a little undersized to help give Onslaught a better chance to really pull it off. As it is Bruticus's torso's size is in a wierd grey area where it dosen't ruin it, but deffinitely looks off.

Other than that, they did a good job. I still like the way he looks overall. If Bruticus has good articulation and balance, I will still get one.