Really disappointed in Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And 95% of these threads are "knee-jerk" reactions. I mean, you haven't even got the toy in hand yet which is months away. There have been plenty of figures that I have looked at and thought "thats just ok" and then when I get them in hand, its totally awesome. Getting tired of all the negativity and usually skip these threads because of it. Only stopped to read because I find it astounding that we get such great news about something that many of us thought may never happen again, and someone (and more than one) is "disappointed" with it. You know that old saying, "if you got nothin good to say, then don't say it at all"? Well.........

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's the point of even releasing photos then? Isn't the POINT of releasing photos is to build hype and initial opinions about a product? So you're not allowed to say good or bad things about games shown at E3 because it's not out yet and we can't form an opinion? Then there's no point to toy fair, no point to consumer and retailer game shows, no point to new product unveils...because we don't know enough to form an opinion. Better tell that to marketing departments around the world. Don't worry about doing it because we shouldn't form opinions based upon product reveals.

The point is that good or bad, you're on an internet forum. Negative opinions are just as valid, just as legitimate as positive ones, and as a consumer who chooses who to pay their wages, I feel it's very important for me to give praise where necessary, and lay criticism where necessary.

If there's so much negativity, perhaps you should be wondering WHY? Maybe as a whole just aren't keen on what they see. For Bruticus, I'm certainly not keen on him. The figures sacrifice too much for the sake of the combination and I wish that it wasn't so. I'd rather NOT have a combining Bruticus to have proper WfC/FoC Combaticons. It seems that lately perhaps the fandom just thinks that Hasbro has dropped the ball in many cases, such as engineering in the RiD line and the Combaticons, just to name some examples.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's what I mean. It's not well less than $100. It's cheap comparatively but that's about it :) 

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, I think he looks pretty good, I'll be looking at picking him up, sure the shoulders look iffy but we might be able to do something about that either with a mistransformation or a 3rd party add on.

Elbow joints will make or break this for sure.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Criticism is healthy. Flooding the boards with multiple threads filled with hyperbolic, knee-jerk bitching isn't.

7. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not say that negative opinions are not valid. I am not going to argue with anyone about this. But, MOST of these negative "knee-jerk" reactions are just that, and they are not well formulated and are simply "complaints". Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you, or anyone else that starts these threads wants people to take them seriously, take a step back and think about exactly what you are complaining about first, realize that things may not be JUST AS THEY SEEM IN THE PICTURES, and at least try to put a positive spin on it instead of looking like you are complaining all the time. Its one thing to be negative, its another thing to complain. Oh, and I do realize that this will fall on deaf ears.

It is my opinion, that we should be grateful we are getting a combined Bruticus AT ALL.

Exactly my point.

8. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'll wait for some in-hand photos before making my judgement

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    this.

11. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Again, I make a very explicit point that the WHOLE POINT of releasing photos is to allow consumers to build initial opinions and to hopefully, build hype for those who actually intend to get the product. For me it isn't even looking at the pic of Bruticus combined. It's looking at the robot modes for the individual figures that really bother me. Onslaught suffers the worst of them all. One look at his character model in WfC really shows how shafted he got. Why? All for the sake of the combining gimmick. It slaughtered him!

My fix would be something that everyone would hate me for. Make it so that they don't combine. Weather the bitching and NERD RAGE the fandom would give, and just focus on giving FANTASTIC alt modes and FANTASTIC bot modes. If they want a combining Bruticus, just go Third Party. I'm thoroughly convinced that Third Party is the way to go for combiners that don't look "meh" in the end. Third Party doesn't have to work under strict budgeting costs for the size and price point, so they can layer Voyager scale engineering in a deluxe figure, something that Hasbro cannot do if they want to keep Deluxe figures within the 10-13 USD mark.

12. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    Maybe FP will make an awesome add-on kit to make another crappy Hasbro combiner toy a really awesome one.

13. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

..........I actually like the way this looks.

then again, i might be biased, as i am a HUGE fan of the conbaticons....and the powercore combiners asthetics.....plus i think we as fans should be happy with what we get.

14. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the pics did what they were supposed to do...they built hype, good or bad. Personally, its been good hype for me. It looks like you will be in the minority....not becuase you don't like Bruticus, but because you DON'T want a combiner. That's your opinion and thats all good and well. To be quite honest, if the toy turns out to be THAT bad, I am sure some 3rd party will eventually come through for you and others like you. I own 3rd party items as well and I am not against them, but I also cannot look at a Hasbro Bruticus combiner release as a "disappointment".

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

I actually prefer what we've seen of Onslaught's figure over the game art; his game art seems to epitomize what I don't like about the game designs (the overly chunky body with almost everything on a diagonal angle). The more lanky, squared-off look suits me better. And I, for one, would rather take some sacrifices to allow them to combine, especially at the price these will go for. If they had Earth modes, it would've been a different story, I think.

As for the promo artwork being balls... yeah, I don't know why they bother if they can't show what figures are actually supposed to look like. It's nice to get an idea, but sometimes why bother?

16. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I was hoping for a Bruticus color scheme that looks closer to the FoC incarnation, but i'm still ok with this.

17. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Onslaught is supposed to be the big, brutish tactical leader of the Combaticons. In WfC he looked like he could take any of them in a fight, and could properly reprimand his subordinates for any kind of lax in military discipline and action. He just doesn't fit the part in the toy.

18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I expected it a bit better, but I wait for more pictures or probably reviews before I decide. But he looks a lot better than what was released before and I don't fucking care for third party products who infringe the copyright of Hasbro.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

In terms of this photoshop, the only thing I can't see as possible is losing the gap at the shoulders.

But if FOC Bruticus ends up looking like this, is there really a problem? I think its...um...BOSS!

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was very underwhelmed when I saw the Bruticus picture, but I've learned my lesson from jumping the gun in the past. I will buy this thing as soon as I can. Hasbro giving us a 5 deluxe piece combiner is awesome IMO.