Really disappointed in Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    The first scan looks heinous...the second scan makes him look much better.

The small "joints" and what not that connect the limbs are unfortunate, but being the staunch 3rd party supporter that I am, I have no doubt Fansproject or TFC or whoever is going to make some slick add-on to accessorize this bruticus while simultaneously adding some girth to fill out the figure a bit.

2. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why people think that Hasbro couldn't churn out a Hercules, they just seem to put their money into other products that don't sell.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    first world problem, right here^. don't be so goddamn critical yet. there haven't even been in hand pcs released yet let alone the toy itself. i hate it when people see something knew and practically say "let's see what's wrong with this one" as soon as renderings are released

4. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Im guessing Vortex's right foot contains the hand for combined mode, and in his left foot contains the gun for his alt mode.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    you'd be correct :thumbs2: 

6. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Photoshopped it a bit:

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

I think what made it look ugly was the visible shoulder combiner joints and the thighs looking like they were disconnected at the hip. I would definitely pass on the original, but if it could look as good as the one I photoshopped, then it would be a buy from me.

Partial credit to whoever did the hands.

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    One other thing about the BFG made of guns: they did the same thing with RiD's Ruination, so there's a precedent for it at least.

I will gladly take your word for it, then.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    When I said 6, I was including the FOC Shockwave. I'll support this for that fact alone, usually lines, especially classics/generations stuff have tended to be Autobot heavy. First time I can remember a line being so throughly filled with Cons.

I can't agree with this, only because third parties have SO MANY less resources than Hasbro. Thinking that a 3rd party has a bigger budget than for production than Hasbro is interesting... for lots of these groups, if the product fails, they are done. Last release. Company gone. Hasbro has more income streams than Transformers... so I don't see how anyone could think a group of fans could have a bigger budget than Hasbro. Hercules and Giant prove this more than anything... the engineering isn't that complex.

Plus look at the Masterpiece and alternity lines... you really think 3rd party toys aren't less complex than those? Look at the cost of them. Alternity were 50 dollar deluxe figures. If HasTak could afford to release those... I have a hard time believing combiners are that much of a problem.

I hear where you're coming from, but HAsbro's guys are paid professionals. If they can't outdo a 3rd party company formed 3 years ago, that don't do this fulltime, it's time for the fat to be trimmed and for Hasbro to hire new toy engineers. That's akin to a group of weekend soccer players beating an English league soccer club. Possible, but unlikely being that one group is professional, while the others play part time.

Hercules was only 5 times more expensive per toy than a Hasbro voyager, and I'm counting the US markup I paid from BBTS. For a group to put that out tells me Hasbro could do the same, even if it was a smaller size.

I understand the constraints of budget and safety laws, but if Masterpiece Prime, Grimlock, Seekers and Rodimus could be put out to us safety standards, I have a hard time believing Hasbro can't do that with combiners. Not to mention that these things are accurate for the most part, but not amazingly accurate in any mode... 3rd parties make me realize Hasbro slacks on certain things, and combiners are one.

Doesn't mean I don't want this, if nothing else than to see how I PERSONALLY like it. But I knew I didn't want butterfly Prime from first pics, as well as most of the PCCs (aside from the Dinobots which are the SHIT).

Bruticus is one of the most underwhelming reveals ever, and personally, Hasbro has to approve pics being released. Whoever let that underwhelming pic out should be slapped.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Looks great to me *shrug*

Not sure what someone who is disappointed was hoping for or expecting.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not about what Hasbro can or can't do from a technical standpoint, it's about what the retailers will let them do from a logistics standpoint.

Hasbro/Tak could easily churn out something on par or better than Hercules. But getting that product to retail is another matter entirely, and a mostly insurmountable one at that.

11. zy80

zy80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I saw those visible shoulder combiner joints just now, they reminded me of MP-01's shoulder joints. In MP-01's case, the arms can be pushed in (hiding the joints) or pulled out (revealing the joint, but allowing more dynamic poses with the arms), so hopefully it's the same for Bruticus as well.

Attached Files:

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Derp?

[​IMG]

Either bring on a bigger Onslaught or get some chest shield on this guy. Nothing against beast wars but I'm just not into gorilla robots.

13. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

so fugly

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm still reserving judgment until these bots are in my hands, and I can post them.

That being said, I'm still really excited about these bots!

15. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

After these ToyFair pics, I personally think it looks even better. I like it & have never really owned a true combiner besides legends class RotF Devastator, who can no longer transform because Scavenger broke, so I'll definitely put some money aside for this guy.

16. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the boxes on Onslaughts front wheels can be countersunk. I will mod it if I have too.

17. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    wait for 3rd party add on

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Agreed!

Coming this Fall FOC Bruticus will literally be coming at Optimus like a Spider-monkey!

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I don't see the problem with Bruticus. Dig the G2 colors over gold plastic any day.
    If anything these colors are fitting to the Overly Energon Laser lit robots in fall of cybertron.

The gaps on the arms really are'nt as much of an issue anymore. Though it seems odd that their not displaying the individual robots. Maybe it will be a box set then. Surpriseing.

The blaster needs to be reconfigured. If onslaughts double cannon can attach to the back. And the smaller weapons can be placed back on their limbs I'd rather leave him as a bruiser without a rifle.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012