Realization about Quintessa (potential spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lord Tron, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I recently discovered the new infernocus toy which came with a small Quintessa figure, while I was going through responses some people said they would've preferred infernocus was Unicron however when you think about it Quintessa is Unicron, she is the movie version of Unicron.

I mean think about it, Quintessa likely is the giant planet and serves as it's core. The giant planet looks like it devours or assimilate other world's. Quintessa has the ability to control or corrupt other transformers which makes their eyes turn purple (dark energon). Quintessa is tied to the origins of the transformers. Quintessa's guardian looks like Unicron's robot form. This is Unicron only change the blue figure to a male and give it a different name and you have a movie version of Unicron.

They likely went with a female for the king Arthur story where Quintessa will likely be the lady of the lake, which wouldn't fit Unicron. Either way for all intents and purposes Quintessa is the movie version of Unicron; she has a different motive and personality but definitely fills in pretty much the same story role and threat so there's really no reason to introduce Unicron after this movie since his threat would be way too similar to TLK, so they likely won't.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

i think not. Unicron is too unique and is deffinenly not the same. Lets see how this all plays out because after all they plan on making more movies after tf5 that all connect in story so my guess is unicron will be saved for last.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan ...angel to others.

News Credits:
    The first time i've heard this theory! I haven't given it any thought yet, but it'll be amusing if you turn out to be right.

4. Lord Tron

He's a giant planet that eats other planets and enslaves others to do his bidding this is exactly what is happening. You can't have two giant planets attacking Earth. Yes Unicron is a dark god and a being of chaos but it still doesn't change the fact that the main threat would be a giant planet descending on Earth and resulting in an all out battle between two worlds since Primus or Unicron would have to be tied to Earth. It all comes down to a very similar conflict. TLK is a Unicron story, in every way pretty much.

It involves the origins of the transformers a major staple of Unicron stories, it involves a pretty much all powerful enemy who corrupts others to do their bidding, it involves a mythological war between two planets that have been at war for eternity, a giant monstrous planet descending on another world to destroy it. The threat goes beyond world ending and is apocalyptic on a biblical scale and the threat will likely unite two factions at war that have been enemies for eternity. This is a Unicron story it hits all the notes and requirements of a Unicron story and certainly matches the scale of one. What exactly would a Unicron movie would be after TLK how do you do a Unicron story that doesn't just retread what TLK did?

I'm not saying Quintessa will revealed be as Unicron I'm saying the movies won't have Unicron at all because Quintessa already fills that role just fine and seems to be meeting most of the beats of a Unicron story. So Quintessa won't literally be Unicron but rather she'll be the movies equivalent to his character.

5. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Yeah i know what you meant

6. Lord Tron

Sorry for being repetitive then, I should've probably known that you got what I meant, that's on me.

7. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

So what you're saying is she is assuming the role of unicron, without actually being called unicron. And they will end up using unicron for another role but still keeping his stature as the evil god, makes sense and explains what we see quite well actually.

8. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Maybe she's Unicrons Action-Master!

9. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am 50% sure quintessa is also solus prime

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that Infernocus has anything to do with Unicron. The limbs are repaints of the Beast Hunters Terrorcons. The torso is a new mold that does kind of have Unicron-like features. They might give them toy bios that they're her olds of Unicron but because the limbs are repaints from an entirely different toy line and they're cheap legends class toys they're most likely going to be toy only characters that have nothing to do with the actual movie.

I'm actually kind of thinking that Unicron won't even actually be in this movie. They're hinting at him a lot but that would draw focus away from the Quintessons who were hinted at in AoE. I think that LK will end with those sceans in the trailers setting up for Unicron to have a bigger role in TF6. The movies have been pretty consistent and using sceans from the end of the movie in the trailers so I honestly think we've seen all we're ever going to see of Unicron in the Last Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sounds fair to me, given how a lot of the movie bots draw a lot from Transformers across the saga's history:
    - Hound (green military bot) is part Bulkhead (big green dude), part Kup (cigar-chomping tough guy)
    - Jetfire (ex-Decepticon, combiner to Optimus) is part Sky-Lynx (British shuttle), part Kup (old-timer)
    - Sentinel Prime is part Alpha Trion (Optimus's mentor), part Vector Prime (can manipulate space and time), part RID2001 Optimus (fire truck, former Prime)

and so on.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That last part is a bit of a stretch, if you also ignore the fact that DOTM came out 3 years before RID.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

He said RID2001 and RID2015 isn't even a fire truck. How did you get that confused?

14. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

Quintessa may be ONE of the Creators. Lockdown used the term "Creators" in plural multiple times in AOE. The impression from Lockdown is they aren't the nicest of characters. He called Optimus and other the Knights "rebel scum." Since Optimus is "crusading" to ensure other planets don't suffer the fate of Cybertron or that the rule of the Primes to not destroy a planet is upheld, I have to think they're evil. Also that female voice seems a little to nurturing to be an evil creator. I would be more inclined to think that female voice helps Optimus.

15. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Imagine the fan rage if solus is a quint and not a prime

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

What if that redemption quote is in primes head? AFTER bee hits him with the forge of solus? And in a rotf type prime scene she offers him redemption....

But nothing to do with quintessa

17. ShockRod

ShockRod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think what you are hearing as 'nurturing' is actually her 'playing' Prime.. playing on the doubts and regrets he has himself and using them against him.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1