Realistically, what are our chances for a sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the game has received some very good reviews, but what are the sales figures saying? Is there a good chance we get a sequel?

2. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    didnt matt tieger say during the podcast interview that the game is doing well... but no one asked him if a sequel is in order. hopefully the game is doing well enough that they do make a sequel, further improving on the first one while getting rid of its problems and issues.

high moon studios should really look more into how mw2 and halo games in programming their game to better iimprove it next time.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last I heard they had sold more than 200,000 copies and that was weeks ago. Granted games sell the most over the first fort night, so I don't expect that number to be an order of magnitude greater.

In short, sales combined with positive reviews/word of mouth implies to me that there will be a sequel. Even if the game didn't do well enough to meet Activisions general requirements to green light a sequel I believe that the reception may be enough for Activision to let High Moon go into round 2.

So while it wasn't the Call of Duty killer I have high hopes we'll see Cybertron again.

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Pretty good. Releasing DLC seems to be a good indication of that. Sales have been decent, far worse selling games without a major license have gotten a sequel. Between the license, decent sales and positive reviews, we should get a sequel.

5. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I hope it takes place on Earth in the Sequel or Half on Cybertron and Half on Earth. I think its very likely we will see a sequel.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Hey, Kane & Lynch was a terrible game and even it got a sequel. Since WFC is getting all-around positive reviews and good sales I'd say there's a really good chance.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It's actually better than anyone thinks just because Transformers is mainstream now, which makes a sequel "safe" to develop.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Having finished the Story portion of the WFC: Decepticons DS game and was disappointed that it ended after defeating Omega Supreme... I'm really hoping for a sequel for the WFC game on all platforms.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Hasbro fully behind the game, and the fandom loving it, I think that's all that really matters.

Transformers has climbed back into spotlight thanks to many incarnations and products. Hasbro won’t easily abandon the video game market will they? Videos generate a $#!+ load of money these days.

This game isn’t as popular as Halo or any other big game out there, but it is showing some serious potential. The games only been out a month, so I think it’s too soon to really worry.

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I say there's a good chance but it'll be a while. The TF3 game will be next in line, so 2012 most likley.

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    realsing DLC has nadda to with it... the DLC was already planned.

as for a sequel i dunno i want one but its gonna be up to activision and hasbro to issue one. Hasbro expecially. I honesttly hope if we do get another one they movie from activision and get us like EA or somthing(EA's not the best im just saying).

12. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I think the chances are pretty good, they'd be better if they hashed out some of these online issues so there weren't as many people pissed off.

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the chances of a sequel are pretty good considering the overall positive reception of the game and it has also been reported that it is doing respectable sales.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Chances are extremely high for a sequel. What shape that sequel may take is anyone's guess, but a lot of the changes would have to do with level design over mechanics.

So I'd say, probably in a year to 2 possibly 3, we'll be playing a sequel or side story game.

15. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Hasbro's releasing a toyline so that alone seems promising.

as for locale/ location for the story

SPOILER ALERT---please do not read anymore if you have not completed BOTH Campaigns
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

given the mass exodus of the planet I would assume at minimum a 50/50 deal.
    it would be cool to see the last major contingents of Deceps and Autobots duking it out and taking us where G1 took us.

crash landing on Earth. whether Mt. ST. Helens, Detroit, Southern California for all I care...

but I hope HM recognizes the cult following and gives us more complete with improvements.

16. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or a different planet entirely. if they do decide to go to earth, please let it be something i haven't seen in a game before

17. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think we'll see it, after all they did say that this was a sort of prequel.

18. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:

A game called "War for Cybertron" that doesn't take place on Cybertron. Okaaaaaaaaay. :crazy: 

No. The story from WFC ends as they are leaving Cybertron, but that's not to say they couldn't spend years infighting among all the nearby stations, moons and still on Cybertron before they go to Earth. They don't have to go to Earth right away.

Doesn't Cybertron have two moons? Wouldn't it take ages to get everyone off planet? There's lots they could do with this.
    Take some time with it. Explore Cybertron more. I loved this game, it proved Transformers doesn't need humans to be interesting.

19. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't heard anything money-wise, but I assume the game is selling well, and has been well recieved among the fanbase. I wouldn't be surprised if War for Cybertron 2 (perhaps War for EARTH?) was somewhere over the horizon.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, it's not crazy.

That's what the original war was all about. They fought all over the place and the victor claimed Cybertron.

What did the Autobots get after defeating Unicron? Yep, you guessed it. Cybertron.

Whatever form the sequel takes, they DON'T have to fight on Cybertron. I wouldn't mind if they did—I want to see more of the planet myself—but it isn't necessary. We all know they're fighting for their home world.