Real world location of the final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Oct 4, 2007.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently bought a new 10 mp slr camera and i was thinking it would be really fun to design some dioramas from the various scenes in the final battle using real pictures. I was thinking about the corner where Starscream takes on ratchet and ironhide, also Bumblebee versus brawl. Does anybody know were these scenes were shot in L.a.? if not does any one have High res from the movie or during film that might work?

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

some of the scenes were shot in Michigan.

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was mostly shot in Los Angeles, and a little bit in Detroit.

4. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

There was a lot shot in Detroit. It was right outside of my former place of employment. Alot was covered up with CGI. If you see the street sign that says "Fort St.", that is Detroit. Alot was shot at Fort St. & Shelby St., along with Woodward up by The Fillmore and Fox Theatre. You just have to know what to look for.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A huge city where no one carried a cel phone camera and news crews didn't exist to capture an almost city-wide battle that left buildings crumbled and highways damaged, but still allowed for our robots in disguise to remain hidden from the world. Had to be Vegas, since it stayed in Vegas! :D 

6. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

The freeway chase sequence were on the 210 way over on the east side of Los Angeles County, namely Rialto. Prime versus Bonecrusher is most likely the 110 and 105 interchange, although it's a bit tricky to tell.

Much of the aerial shots is that of Downtown Los Angeles. You can see the US Bank Tower (which is the tallest building west of the Mississippi). You can also see the Citigroup building the Raptors fly by at one point.

Starscream versus Ratchet and Ironhide was the other side of the Los Angeles Public Library; you can see the Wilshire street sign and partially the LA Public Library, which is the white building Starscream flies over. Cross street is Hope Street.

Ratchet and Ironhide laying cover for Sam against Brawl is LA, in front of the Orpheum Theater on Broadway and 9th street.

Megatron landing on Jazz was the Tower Theater in Los Angeles on Broadway and 8th street.

The intersection before Mikaela's "I'll drive, you shoot" is that of 9th and Broadway, before she starts driving down on Broadway since they pass the Orpheum Theater.

Cross street near where Megatron is tossing Optimus after his famous "One shall stand" line is probably Spring Street in LA. Don't know if Detroit has one, but I do sorta recognize that lamp.

And that's all I can recognize in the LA side. Any fellow Angelenos can add/correct, as well those from Detroit.

Unfortunately, Vegas doesn't have that type of city geography LA or Detroit does. :wink: 

7. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I think that Spring St. was a cover up on a Detroit street. I have to see it again to confirm. There was a lot shot at Shelby and Fort, I can say this with certainty. All the stuff lonegamer pointed out, the Detroit stuff was mixed in with it. Just have to know what to look for. You also have the old train station (where Megatron chases Sam) scene too. That was Detroit. Bay shot a lot of The Island (I know a lot of people don't like it) in Detroit too. Same areas (and a few others) as he shot Transformers.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Some were also in Quahog

9. Blackmouf2002

Blackmouf2002 Insomniac

Parts where also shot on the universal backlot. The new york/ city part to be exact.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I know it's in Detroit.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I had found out this summer that they had shot parts of the movie in Detroit, 'cause the building Sam climbs to the top of with Megatron chasing him was in Detroit.

I was happy to have learned part of the movie was shot in Detroit, but then I'm pissed because if I had known, I would've tried to get in as one of the people in the background...

12. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone explained eariler, most of it was downtown LA, but there was a substantial amount shot at the Paramount lot (like when Ironhide flies of the screaming woman in slo-mo).

Hi res footage? Buy the Transformers HD-DVD which will have all that.