Real or fake Lord Zarak?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tridecaphi, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Tridecaphi

Tridecaphi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have looked at the headmaster KO threads and I still can't tell, mostly because the pictures on there specifically of lord zarak are blurry and I don't have a "real" one to compare mine too.

Two concerns I have, I do not know the seller that sold me the item, and the head doesn't stay snapped in. I read on one of the headmaster posts that can be a tell tale sign of a fake. I'm guessing fake and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Here are the photos, what do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's a real one to compare it to:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing throwing me off about yours is the shine to the plastic and the purple used for the arms and legs. Oh yeah, and the lack of 80's grit and dirt, hahaha.

3. Tridecaphi

Ebay:
    Wow, the rivets do match, and from what I've been told, that's the easiest sign. The first picture, the color is off because of my flash on my iphone.

Is it common for the headmasters to pop up on their bodies, is that just a wear thing?

4. Tridecaphi

Ebay:
    Also, I compared it to my Spike, and they are identical height and I've read the repros are a hair taller. Maybe it is real, cool, pleasant surprise.

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That could be a wear issue.

The rivets usually are the tell-tale sign of a reproduction. If the color on the pictures is off...I think you got a real one. The last thing for me would be the shininess of the plastic on yours, but given that you took the picture with an iPhone, that could just be the flash.

6. AU Chevy

AU Chevy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a Scorponok figure from childhood that is complete and my headmaster is a little loose also. I think it is wear.

7. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    I've just checked my original and remake zaraks. I think yours' the original. The remake has some slight differences which are difficult to explain without pictures. And the remake ironically don't have the messy seamlines that appear on the thigh of the original.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I had two vintage real Scorponoks at one point and the head would always pop off of one of them. I did swap the heads over to see which was the culprit but can't remember now if it was the head or the body that was to blame. I'm sure I also tried the popping head on a different not-Scorponok Headmaster figure but again my memory fails me as to what the outcome was. I'm not really being much help here, am I? :redface2: