Real or Bootleg? SNARL G1/G2

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LordODFlize, Sep 20, 2006.

1. LordODFlize

LordODFlize Gethsemane

Ebay:
    I came across something I had never seen before yesterday so I picked it up. I was in a hobby shop in NC and stumble across the dinobot Snarl. The weird thing about this figure is that while it has the G2 Autobot wording and symbol on it's leg, the scheme of the figure is the G1 color scheme. It did not cost me that much, but I am not sure wether this is a rare find (as I had heard this had happened with other dinobots). If I can get my friend to lend me his camera Ill post pics ASAP. Until then, does anyone know off the top of their head if it is a real or bootleg?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only G2 Snarl I remember was green, hmmm, it could quite possibly be fake. I've seen plenty of Bootlegs/Knock off's using the original packaging style. Pics would help clear this up.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It' probably G2 because they releaed Grimlock, Slag, and Snarl all in G1 colors then also produced 2 diffrenet colors of each. Grimlock was Turqoise and blue while Slag and Snarl were green and red.

The turqoise Grimlock, red Slag, and green Snarl are worth the most out of all of them.

Hope this helps

5. LordODFlize

LordODFlize Gethsemane

Ebay:
    Thanks to all of you for your help. I have compared mine to a few pics I have found, as well as to the description provided by the link posted by ams. I am now fairly confident that this is infact a G2 figure with the original color scheme. He will fit right in with my G1 Sludge, Slag, and Grimlock. Now all I need is that expensive, fragil, s.o.b known as Swoop. I used to have Swoop. His beak broke off during transformation when I was 5-6 years old. Long story short, after the loss of his beak, I sent Swoop to the front lines against the Decepticons in a battle of epic proportions...he was surrounded, I mapped him out a quick exit....I though the bastard could fly......he could not. RIP my original Swoop ~Dead via an explosive (literally he went into pieces...and I cried like a little girl) collision with my living room wall ~

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like Swoop gave his all, right 'til the end.

If there were ever a series of molds that would be worth the time and money for Tak/Tomy to re-engineer and re-release, it's the Dinos. Congrats on a good find.

7. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

is there diecast in the snarl?