Real MISB (MOSC) Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by thankgodfor transformers, Jun 25, 2008.

1. thankgodfor transformers

thankgodfor transformers Well-Known Member

Listing this again. I got it about a year ago for $450 and now that times are hard I am dipping into my collection. [EBAY]160254676851[/EBAY]

2. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Just curious... You list the item as MISb and factory sealed but show pictures of the item out of the box?

Am i missing something?

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    MISB = mint in sealed box.

That's MOSC, mint on sealed card.

4. thankgodfor transformers

MISB is there to help with searches incase someone is looking for unopened items. I don’t think I am being misleading for 3 reasons:

1: My pictures clearly show the outside box has been opened and the card inside has not been opened.

2: AFA will still grade items even if outside box has been opened as long as both the card and accessory bag have not been opened.

3: I clearly mark this item as MOSC.

I am not doing what SO MANY OTHERS have done and try to seal the box back up and LIE.

Sorry, I just don’t like my integrity questioned when I work hard to ensure I give very accurate information. How often do you see auctions with pictures at the resolutions I provide? You don’t see any BS story about how “so and so died and this was their collection and I don’t know anything about it”

Maybe I should just seal the box next time, take crappy pictures. Say I know nothing about these things, Take someone’s hard earned money and no one will feel the need to correct me.

5. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I have reported this auction to eBay as I am sure others have.

Using MISB in the title line and throughout the item's listing is deceptive and misleading, regardless of any notation you may have included in the small print. An uneducated buyer could easily overlook this. I realize you have posted pictures of the item out of box. Still, your words are deceptive, and using the justification that "MISB is just there to improve searches" is still no good, as people who are searching for MISB are CLEARLY not looking for what you have to offer.

For that matter, why list it as MISB here on these forums?

I wouldn't be shocked if the mods here sanction you for its use on these forums as well.

6. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Easy there cheif... I wasnt questioning anyones integrity... I posted my question as that... a question. I was pointing it out incase you over looked the wording. You say "factory sealed" and MISB in your auction but the item clearly isnt?

Not sure why you are so defensive. Im not a big fan of people who put key words in things to get hits...(It makes searching for thing a pain, and i avoid sellers who do that).

If i wanted to question your integrity i would ask how people know it isnt a KO card and toy in a original box....

Good luck with your sale.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think you are overracting a little here. It's not that bad. I have seen much worse misrepresentations,and to me he is not misrepresenting, he clearly says its MOSC as well and the pictures are great. Too many times you see these kinds of auctions with grainy pics that look like they are also from 1985! At any rate, who died and made you Ebay?TFW God?

8. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

way to overeact.......

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You all need to calm down. It's his auction and his post. He can word it how he wants. If you don't agree with it, then you don't agree. Move on. If we see something we feel is inappropriate, then we will deal with it.

No one posting here (except for, you know, a mod) is in a position to make threats or threaten mod action. Do not do so again.

10. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I agree that the auction desription should be clearer. I understand putting it in the title, but putting it so many times in the description is a little confusing.

I don't think it's so bad it that it should be reported to ebay, though...

11. thankgodfor transformers

OK, I updated the description, in that it never says sealed without "on card" right next to it. Hope that helps clear it up. And dropped the price to .99 so anyone can just have this dirt cheap.

hoots, Sorry about being defensive to you. Hope you accept my apology.

Velcrohead, please come join me and take a chill pill.

12. thankgodfor transformers

Also, after looking at some of your auctions, I updated the title. Hope you don't mind using your idea of MIB (Cut Tape).

13. defstar

defstar Autobot...

This is my first look at the auction (after updates have been made I assume)...it looks fine to me and I added it to my watch list...:thumb