Real Gear Figure Reviews (Wave 1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SPLIT LIP, May 13, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hey fellow spazzes and spazzets (;) ), I have recently aquired the first Canadian wave of the Real Gear Transformers.

Why do I say Canadian wave 1? Because as far as I know, wave one up north consists of four figures as apossed to three. (Though I beleive waves 1 & 2 are out in US, which makes six)

Onto my breif review!

Spyshot six (6)

Camera mode.

Gorgeous. Very realistic, complete with lens (duh) veiw finder, flash, button...thing.. picture taker (?) on the front. It has a screen witha clocke (07:47), battery, "FINE" and the wide/tight feature. The are buttons for the W/T, cycle buttons, a button pad (for negotiating the menu) and a non-rotating-rotating button who's purpose escapes me.

He's small, like a digital pocketcam, nice silverish gold colour, silver, black buttons and clear plastic in the appropriate areas. 9.9/10

Robot mode.

Fantastic! Very articulated! (Think, Beast Wars!) His head is very cool, Cyborgy, deffinate plus! Thanks to the light piping design, his eyes glow like LED's! There is a trick to giving his left arm more poseability, turn his forearm around and there's an extra hinge.

Same colours as camera mode, plus dusty blue for head, thighs and claw/hands (that open and close, shuweet!) 10/10!

Longview

Binoculars mode.

Neat, like spy gear stuff. Smaller than real ones, though I suppose one could say they're meant for children (more like cats, atleast Max is having fun), Primary yellow with black grips. One thing I've never seen mentioned, lift of the forward yellow plate, and there's a picture of Crumplezone bookin' done a dusty desert.

6/10 (Still realy cool looking)

Robot mode.

Very good! Buff guy look, afticulation is more than good, but not quite as good as Spy shot. Head is cool with a little visor, not light piped. Chest, butt and lower legs are yellow, everything else is black except the hands & face which are grey. Silver pait adds to the affect, black painted feet. 9/10

Speeddial 800 (My favorite!)

Cameraphone mode.

Un-believable! Looks just like a real phone (thanks to the fact that it doesn't have a silly snapshot or anything on it). Primarily dark blue, with a new shade of metallic dark paint on top. Has all the phone stuff in him including: Complete set of buttons, ", select/menu, signal, battery and clock" indicaters. (07:47 again) Camera lens is of couse present. 10/10.

Robot mode.

Stupendous! Articulation bests that of Spyshot, except the head, which is stationary (though not a big deal). Same colours as before, more silver (face) and metallic blue (arms) show up, aswell as black. Very technological and robotic limbs, beutiful. Claw hands (non-closing), and, despite having the top half of the cellphone on his back, he is remarkably stable! 10/10.

Power up VT6

Game mode.

Pretty... Mostly grey and black with purple trigger buttons. Complete D-pad and colour buttons. Start/Back and even reset (which I thought was a pin at first) are here too. Screen features what seems to be a fun game on it where you attempt to down Cyb Jetfire (Crikey!), which is appropriate since he is a Decepticon! Very convincing (which seems to be the point of this line), except for the whoe at the top. 8/10.

Robot mode.

Good stuff! Auto-morph appears here, which essentialy cmpletes his entire transformation. But it's a good thing, it means no tabs sticking out or anything. The new light piping that was used on Spy shot is here too, very menasing! He's a little flat, articulation is good, but compared to the others could have been better. Fat legs=Big feet=Funny standing. Arms are good, but suffer the same hand-fate as Cyb Scourge. Head is nice too. Same colours as before with more purple and neon-green, and more black. The game screen becomse his chest, which is not very flattering. He really doesn't fit-in with the asthetics of the other Real Gears (and those still to come), but is still cool! 5/10.

Well, thanks for reading (If you did) and goodnight! Scoll down for pictures!

BTW, I'm new at reveiwing so feedback on my feedback would rock!

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Good review, would be even better with pictures :thumb 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention. I will snap some (Hopefully) not too crappy pics soon!

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ask, and yee shall recieve!

Group shot Misc. modes:
    [​IMG]
    Screens revealed:
    [​IMG]
    Spy Shot 6 & Speeddial 800:
    [​IMG]
    Longveiw & Power up VT6:
    [​IMG]
    Group shot robot modes:
    [​IMG]

Hope these will suffice! Bear in mind, the screen on Longveiw was placed in upside down by factory error.

5. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

actually, longview is supposed to be held yellow side down so the screen flips DOWN. is it just mine, ore does he look pissed.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That makes much more sense.

And yeah, he is pissed, which is why he's glaring at PUVT6 and pushing him.:lol 

7. wavelength

watch out for the tabs on his wrists as well. i have had mine for a couple of months now and i have to be careful when folding away his right hand so i don'tr have to use a screwdriver to get the silly thing out again.

8. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Our Kmarts (at least in this part of MO) have the same assortment. They just won't let us buy them. Graaaaaaah!

9. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Wow, this is the first time I see Longview with the flipped down panel, cool!

10. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Had a problem with my Power Up VT6 after I took it out of the packaging, the head won't rise up all the way, so I ended up having to take the thing apart, figure out how it all goes back in (being that there is auto morph technology in it, wasn't easy). He works fine now though. As with this entire line of toys, I think I will be repainting all of them.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Bought Longview and Booster X10 last night with Jazz and Bonecrusher...

Booster X10...perfect Laserbeak homage. I'm back into staying away from repaints, but if they released this with gold instead of red, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Looks great next to Alt Ravage 2.0

Longview...pure love. I was surprised at how small it is, even though many reported the same thing. But the bot mode is spectacular, plenty of useful articulation! The only QC issue I have is a bunch of paint smeared on the head visor:( 

12. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. wavelength

don't diss speed dial. anyway, he is what fans have been asking for, being part of a line that turns into generic but realistic household/everyday objects.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I personally think Spyshot 6 is awesome, but I still enjoy seeing others' point of views.
    (Like, to me, Powerup VT6 sucked big time but now I see how he can be appreciated :) )

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice, thanks for the reviews

16. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't diss the fact that he turns into a pretty realistic mobile phone, far from it. It's just his robot mode that I think is terrible.

17. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Longview reminds me of Rewind/Eject

18. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I probably buy only Spyshot.

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speed Dial's eyes are squished under the camera lens. He doesn't have monocle disease.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Myself, I hate the bright colors of Power Up and Longview. I prefer Speed Dial and Spy Shot. I'd like to replace the image on Spy Shot by an actual shot of the movie at some point.