Real Beast wars figures??? ko?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Rdfnd1253, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's legit, but that's about all I can tell you. There was also a jungle set with Stampy, Longrack, Break, and Corahda (did I get his name right?).

Liqdeal had them a few years back. I was tempted (4 vs sets for a decent price AND in some giftset variation? YES!) but then he sold out of Jungle sets.

I did ask him about them and he told me they were legit but I don't remember anything else.

3. The Warrior

The Warrior Fool

That dude lied, I'm afraid. I've seen those before. First thing that caught my eye was how most of the text is in writing that isn't English. Then in the upper left corner, theres a cheap insignia with the words "Dino Robot" on it. Obvious sign of a bootleg. However, they did get pretty much all of the figures spot on. It'd be a good sub. if you don't feel like paying for all the actual figures whom most didn't appear in the states.

4. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was gonna say, "Dino Robot" and non-Japanese text doesn't look all that legit to me. They do, however, look okay from here.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    they are ko's but they look good.not bad to fill in collection

san diego is a giveaway

6. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    They're real. Some of you guys have your information completely wrong. They are from Sonokong. Sonokong is one of Takara's licensees in Korea--they released Beedaman, the Brave Series, BW II, BW Neo, Car Robots and Armada in Korea. They are the ones who made the licensed Korean Brave Maximus around 2002. Get the dino and jungle gift sets in your hands and you will see for yourelf that they have Takara copyright stampings on the toys.

So, this is a licensed release, not a knockoff. It's certainly a weird licensed release, but it is licensed release, nonetheless. Sonokong has done some other weird repacks as well, like some BW II toys in Car Robots-style packaging. Basically, they sometimes try to find creative ways to remarket toys that are no longer new so that they'll sell again. Apparently, with the dino and jungle robot gift sets, they found that best way to remarket their old BW Neo toys was to distance it from the BW Neo show--maybe the show wasn't very popular in Korea.

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dont listen to Might Gaine. This must be a KO-the seller resides in San Diego. LOL

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I figured I wouldn't be lied to by a retailer. I'm glad MG came in with the support.

Bolded to (hopefully) make it sink in: Things distributed by Sonokong in Korea are the same as those distributed in Japan by Takara. Probably could be worded better, but I think it gets the point across.

9. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info guys

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Every so often I look for "Jungle Robot." I think the 4-set has Longrack in it. For a good price it should be worthwhile.

11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Wow. There's other four-packs by Sonokong I've seen before for these guys and the corresponding Maximals, but not these! So kooky, and I can see why they might look to be knockoffs, but the Sonokong logo is right there in plain sight too. Neat stuff!

I don't know when these sets first came out - I mean, it's the first time I've seen 'em, and I've been around the block a few times - but perhaps it's not about popularity but just timeliness. BW Neo is nearly ancient by now, and had to at least be a couple years old whenever this came out, so marketing them as Transformers may not have been helpful. Don't know if a Jurassic Park-styled release helped any, but Sonokong was certainly creative about it.