Read if u got ROTF bruticus for fansproject upgrade!!

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by sarakawa, Feb 22, 2010.

1. sarakawa

sarakawa Contracepticon

So, I have come up with a proposition for anyone who purchased a ROTF bruticus set in preparation for the upcoming release of the fansproject upgrade release. Basically, to complete the bruticus upgrade, you need barricade, the largest transformer, one of either kickback or blight(the tanks), and one of either blackout or stormcloud(the choppers). So, in the end, you are left with a chopper and a tank. The choppers and tanks are the exact same mold and thus interchangeable. If you were interested, I would be willing to buy those 2 off of you for a fraction of whatever you paid to get the whole set in the first place. I will just find the chest piece on my own. Let me know if anyone is interested in selling me those 2 transformers!

thanks for lookin!

2. commandwolf

commandwolf Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM!

3. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but you make a good point and I think this post would help others looking for parts that bruticus sets will have in excess of. When I get my Bruticus set (just waiting for my package) I'll be putting my 2 extra guys for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me. And sarakawa, if you still need em, lemme know!

4. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a set coming but I'll throw my hat into the ring for dealing away two limbs.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

count me in. I will put my two up the moment I get em. And possibly a barricade. Bout a week or 2.

6. sarakawa

sarakawa Contracepticon

just paid for my 2 needed rotf figures courtesy of commandwolf! and he gave me a great price...thanks man! I am looking for a barricade. i have found one that i can buy for a bout $12...if you can beat that, let me know and i will be glad to buy it from ya!

7. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You can get barricade for about $17 on ebay. I know that's not the best, but it's the easiest place to find him. Sure beats shelling out all that money for a whole Bruticus set.

8. sarakawa

sarakawa Contracepticon

just bought barricade from ser3100! thanks man. now i have the pieces i need for the bruticus kit and it cost me well under what people are charging for the full bruticus sets...in fact, it cost me less than what those kits cost retail at the stores!

9. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

Good thinking.

10. DarthPrime117

DarthPrime117 Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Never thought of this. Great idea! FYI you can get the Universe 1.0 repackage of Energon Barricade (center/chest piece) at most Dollar Generals for $10.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dollar General or Family Dollar have had them for $10 since Christmas. Ross got them in last month for only $7 but they didn't last long. Doesn't hurt to check though.

12. DarthPrime117

DarthPrime117 Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    I meant to type Family Dollar. FYI, I picked up 2 from my local Family Dollar. I have one for sale to whoever needs it. I am only asking for the actual paid price plus shipping for it. Just trying to help someone out. The other I got for myself. I think I will preorder another upgrade set and have two upgraded Bruticuses.

13. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a great idea everybody. This thread should get re-started over in the Toy discussion board just so that others that hadn't thought of this might get a chance to have a completed Bruticus when the upgrade kit comes out.

I know I paid $56 plus $5 shipping for my ROTF Set and I thought that was cheap for what others were charging/paying. Cheapest someone was selling them on Junkion was $85.

Any of you guys wanna post this? You all deserve the credit.

Great cooperation between everybody too, this is how it's supposed to work TF fans helping each other.

Kuddos to everybody!

And if I run across any of the re-issues at my local Ross or Family Dollar I will be sure to pick them up for my fellow board members.

14. ultramagnus69

ultramagnus69 GTL

not too be a hater but what are the chances these figures are going to match up to the FP's kit colors. I mean shoot I can put a classics prime in my city commander kit but that doesn't make it right - now does it?:rolleyes: 

15. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the color of the Energon Barricade is lighter but it might not look too bad, but if someone can post a pic of Barricade with the Bruticus Maximus limbs that would probably give us a good idea of what it'd look like.

Personally I don't think putting a Prime in a CC kit is wrong or right. The one time I tried it out I really couldn't tell the difference.

16. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

From what I've been told, there will be 2 releases of this Fansproject. Sort of like there are 2 releases with their Superion upgrade. So, I don't think matching is much of a concern.

And regardless...just look at the colors of the original Bruticus. Yellows. Several different greens. Purples. Light Grays. Dark Grays. Blacks. Reds.

And the last point is....it's better to have something, than nothing. This is still a great alternative to anyone who cannot lay down the outrageous prices of the scalpers are asking for their Bruticus kits.

My three cents.

17. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime actually goes pretty well with the Magnus set.

Some people actually prefer Barricade with the ROTF limbs instead of the grey onslaught.

We'll have to wait until we see the colored versions before we know for sure.

18. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I may be joining this, but need to wait for the set to determine which limbs are expendable (based upon color). I'll keep this thread in mind.

19. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Semi-hijack, but I've got a mint complete Energon Stormcloud w/instructions if anyone needs it. No paypal though, sorry.

20. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a great idea. I wish i saw it before i paid $70 for it. Anyway, I have energon Barricade(MISB) + 1 of the ROTF tanks + 1 of the ROTF choppers for $30 plus actual shipping. Or if you are in the SF bayarea we can meet up.

Just tell me what color tank and chopper you want.