Reactions to the Level of Violence in TFP

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I've said before that myself and plenty of other fans have been tired of our intelligence being insulted by the pseudo-fights in the toons, and that would have to include (to some degree) TFA.

In Transformers: Prime we have a CG show with what I consider to be unparalleled animation quality with equally solid cinematics and action coreography. For the most part, we are able to really get a concept of the weight of these robots onscreen in a cartoon, almost to the point of the live action movies. In addition, no punches are pulled in terms of depicting the nuances of their warfare - we have sparks being ripped out, punches grinding across robots' faces in slow motion, fluids bleeding out, and limbs being pulled off, cut off, and crushed, as well as what many have long clamored for: proper guns.

In many ways, the show is what many of us have wanted for a very long time but circumstances didn't allow. Finally the whole age spectrum of fans is being given something fully appreciable, without the slapstick action shortcuts necessitated by producing a show made for children only.

In a sense, it doesn't quite fit in any category in terms of its rating, but if kids can go see Pirates of the Caribbean and the Chronicles of Narnia in theaters, I don't see the problem with a little robot violence on the small screen.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well said. I love this show. It's not too violent to the point where kids can't watch it and I think that's great. I have no problem in letting my kid watch this show. I think this show is absolutely win on all levels, including the violence.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    TBH, I want MORE violence, episode 4 did a great job of keepin' the fighting going.

4. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Bulkhead Ripped the Guts out of one of the Eradicons, my jaw hit the ground when they showed that, lucky this is Hasbro's Channel and that these are robots, because i dont think any other censor would have approved that in the least bit

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think you're right 100%. That's why I think this is by far one of the smartest moves Hasbro has ever made in making their own channel. The HUB is going to be on all day in my house as my daughter grows up. The mornings she can watch her shows and in the evenings Daddy has his chance to watch Bulkhead rip the very core of an Eradicon out. HELL YES.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

They didn't pull punches with the violence in this series, which is nice to see. They're finally taking us seriously and showing robots getting damaged, broken and even killed in a TF TV show on a regular basis. It's certainly not movie level violence (it MAY escalate to that at some point), but it does show this series is a serious one in many respects. The Transformers are in a war, which automatically means casualties, violence, and death. The violence is there to show the 'Bots and 'Cons don't screw around.

8. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

If you're Cybertronian you will be closing you're eyes when Bulkhead pulled out that Eradicon's circuitry. we just stare it, perhaps in awe, but mainly without reaction.

Was any human decapitated or dismembered or brutally slaughtered yet? Nope.

Transformers Prime is not violent.

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Umm.... You know, I don't even know where to begin, and I don't think I'm going to bother.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Robot on robot violence is the same thing as no violence at all.

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It needs to be more violent. I want more robot blood and for Fowler to die! Hell, take it out of kiddy status entirely. Make it at least PG-13 in rating and air it later at night. And keep the kids entirely at the base and bring in more adult humans to interact with the bots. Oh well, one can wish.