2D Artwork: RE-verse designs

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Rewind Eject, Oct 9, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I will never not love the idea of a stealth fighter Shockwave. :bay 

Also, I love how you tweaked the typical "single optic"-design. It reminds me of TFA Lugnut; with the large optic in the center, flanked by several smaller ones.

2. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

No new character, but Megatron got that redesign I've been planning. I don't know about you guys but my favorite part; blade cape. :D 

Oh, Ironhide and Soundwave were minorly revised because I didn't like Ironhide's bland chestpiece and Soundwave need to remove his satellite to transform. There are other little changes just because of transformation. I'm expecting Red Alert to be similiarly revised by next week. That will be the last looking back; after that, back to new characters.

Attached Files:

3. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are really cool. Fracture and Shockwave are my favorites.:thumb 

4. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like your redesign; his blade cape adds a bit of uniqueness to his design, setting it apart from other Megatron designs. Having his head resemble the Decepticon symbol is a very nice touch. He seems younger-looking than most Megatrons, at least in the face. The Energon glass in his hand is a neat little detail - I like it.

5. Noise Maker

News Credits:
    Ha! I didn't notice that. That's cool. :thumbs2: 

6. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great stuff! :thumb 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like the way his body looks this time. Far better than before.

8. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Diggin' the Megatron (again). The Decepticon-logo-head and the blade-cape (like Bayformers Blackout) are awesome.

Though if I had to pick one thing that I, personally, don't care for...it's the return of the giant-in-your-face arm-cannon. :eek:  I'M SORRY, REWIND, FORGIVE ME!!!!!! ;)  I much preferred the design when the arm-cannon was a smaller, more subtle reference, in the form of the machine gun on the underside of the cockpit.

But hey, it's not my art, it's yours. And good work nonetheless. :thumbs2: 

9. Rewind Eject

Nah it's cool. Personally, I changed it because I thought the other one was too in-your-face in Helicoptor mode. I basically just drew the WFC Fusion Cannon and stuck it on an attack helicoptor and I thought it looked kind of awkward now. I find it pretty cool that someone has a favorite version of one of my artpieces anyways.

Honorbound: I just randomly drew the Matrix in his hand because I didn't want it to be empty. Although, I like the idea of him taking a sip of energon wine before rallying troops so much, that that is what it is now. :lol 

Thanks for all the support guys. Small project again. This time in the form of retools. Well, I thought it would be small, but Cannonball's tatoos were determined to teach me a lesson. :lol 
    No real bios for these guys. I may give them some later though.

Ratchet
    Motto: If you can break it, I can fix it"
    Alt mode: Ambulance
    Tools: Energon infuser, surgical saw, shock pads
    Function: Head surgeon of the New Iacon hospital.

Strengths: The top of his field. Large body provides lots of strength but hides expertly crafted nimble and delicate hands.

Weaknesses: No fighting skills. He doesn't know what bedside manner is, and refuses to look it up; making him somewhat unpopular even with those he's saving.

Personality: On the one hand, he's the best surgeon on New Cybertron, courgageous, and will gladly tackle through Decepticons to maintain the safety of his patients. On the other hand, he knows he's the best surgeon on New Cybertron , is overly deadpan and cynical, and makes his patients his favorite targets of his highbrow "humor".

Voice: Hugh Laurie

Don't expect me to do voices often, but this is too good. :p 

Blaster
    Motto: Music expresses what can't be said, but must be heard.
    Alt mode: Band Tour van
    Tools: Sonic resonator built into wheels. Usually used for music, but can also disorient others and break glass.
    Function: DJ/ Anchor of Andromeda news.

Strengthes: Processor can hold incalculable amounts of data giving him an eidetic memory (A gift shared by others of his mold like Soundwave). Pair this with his job, and he knows something about everything going on New Cybertron. Also has a naturally charismatic voice and personality.

Weaknesses: Data is uploaded to him directly from his crew (including Rewind :) ) to his processor by a cosymbiotic neural pathway. Too much or too intense data downloaded can cause him to temporarily freeze.

Personality: 'The Voice' of Simfur. Has an intense curiosity and love of alien cultures and music; including our own. Though easy going, he joined the Autobots due to his belief that "Freedom is the Right of all Sentient Beings"; a saying he helped spread.

Cannonball
    Alt Mode: Heavily modded suv.
    Motto: Whoever has the gold makes the rules; that's why we call it the Golden Rule.
    Weapons: Harpoon cannon. Extendable hook hand.

Strengthes: Expert pilot and navigator of his ship, the Tidalwave. Has a sixth sense for getting out of danger.

Weaknesses: His greed makes the normally crafty pirate make risky decisions. For this reason and his treacherous ambition, he isn't exactly trusted by the other Decepticons.

Personality: Steals anything and everything not bolted down. Sees himself as esteemed and eduacated; he can't really pull it off though. All the same, the Autobot's trade routes are his cloister and if he sees something he wants, he won't stop until it is his.

I'm forseeing Autobots in the near future. Three of them have at least some progress in vehicle mode right now while Decepticons are having technical dificulties.

Attached Files:

10. Noise Maker

News Credits:
    These are all great. :D  You did a great job of making the repaints really different from the originals. I think Cannonball is my favorite; his tattoos look awesome. But they're all really good.

I love the bios, too. Ratchet as House? Brilliant. :D  And the data upload straight into Blaster's mind is cool.

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Wow a Canonball that looks like a real pirate. Nice.

12. Rewind Eject

Thank you. I don't know how often it will pop up, but I want every character to at least have an original head; unless they are supposed to be identical twins or clones. Turns out, I really like making original tranformers heads. Who knew? :lol 

Jazz
    Altmode: 1950's luxury car (specifically based off of Bond's car)
    Motto: "Do it with style or don't bother doing it."
    Weapons/ tools: Twin proton pistols, built in hologram emitter allows him to project holo-clones or disguise himself, sonic wave shuriken. (like Ultimate Echo Echo's disc things).

Bio: Began as a sports star before the war. Elavating through the ranks as a covert operative known for his speed and finesse, he was enventually asked to lead a team of scouts to find Decepticon intel. The mission ended in disaster with few survivors. Jazz became a wanderer before being recruited by Optimus; a second chance he refuses to let slip up. While he is level headed and easygoing, many bots see him as an egotistical perfectionist because he insists on taking the roughest missions by himself. In reality, he's afraid of letting someone else would get hurt.

Strengths: Expert in improvisational thinking, he is best at thinking on his feet. Combine that with his agility, and he is great at hit and run missions.

Weaknesses: Not a leader. Also, his form is fast but not durable.

Attached Files:

13. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

I like him the outside shows that he's calm and cocky but on the inside he's a emotional wreck

14. Noise Maker

News Credits:
    Ooh. This is one of my favorites. He looks so...dynamic? I can't really think of the right word. Lots of character in his design, though.

And I love the wheel feet. That fits his quick style perfectly. :D 

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I approve of this Jazz. :D 

16. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    He's Jazztastic. :cool: 

17. Rewind Eject

Glad you all like him (and Jazztastic is my new favorite word)!:D 

Another classic autobot; Bumblebee. I'm sure no ones tired of him... right? :lol  But I made some pretty big differences from the norm that I hope are liked.

Bumblebee
    Alt mode: Smart car
    Motto: "Believe me; silence is not golden"
    Weapons/tools: Retractable 'stingers' on wrists coated in stasis causing 'poison'. Can also be shot as darts. Attenae give him an inproved 'radar sense' helping him to track targets and avoid detection.

Bio: Was an Autobot message carrier and scout during the war. Once eavesdropped on a secret decepticon meeting with Soundwave and the bounty hunting team the Dreads. While trying to escape, the Dreads hunted him down and crushed his voice box. It took him ten cycles to find a suitable replacement. Now, everyone says h'e making up for lost time because he just won't shut up. Once on Earth, he falls in love with our rich biodiversity (especially insects) and takes the name Bumblebee.

Strengths: Radar sense means he will see you before you see him. His padded feet and smart engine make that it is impossible to hear him coming in either mode.

Weaknesses: Not very well armed nor a particularly good fighter, he is not one on the front lines.

Attached Files:

18. Noise Maker

News Credits:
    Wow, I love that you actually gave Bumblebee insect design elements. It looks great. You've managed to have him homage a lot of past Bumblebees (stingers like movie Bee', head reminiscent of Animated) while at the same time giving him a completely new look.

And the vehicle mode fits him so well. I really liked how you carried the insect motif over into this mode, too.

19. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Finally a Bee that lost his voice and then gained it back. It's a Christmas Miracle!

20. Rewind Eject

@Noise Maker- glad you like him. I was hoping others would agree with me on my alt mode choice.

@Autovolt- In the REverse, the miracle is getting him to stop talking. :lol 

I feel like this character came out more conservatively designed than my others, but I added just enough that I feel he's still my own.

Prowl
    Alt mode: Police charger
    Motto: "Only in order can peace be found"
    Weapons/tools: Jetpack, vibrational wrist blades, supercharged plasma missiles, electro nooses, predator-class cloaking tech.

Bio: The head of the Autobot justice corp, it his main duty to bring in any decepticons or rogue Autobots that the council deem enemies of the Autobot commonwealth. He has also made it his responsibility to enforce a strict adherance for the Autobot codex. Because of his stiff demeanor and obsessive-compulsive desire for order, he is considered a tool at best and major jerk at worst by his fellow Autobots. Often comes at odds with Optimus and his crew because they often bend the rules in doing their duty.

Strengths: Highly analytical and deductive mind. Very well armed and knows how to use them. Was used as a logistics strategian during the war.

Weaknesses: Stubborn to a fault, he will not break, bend, or make any other deviation from his current primary directive.

Notes:Not corrupt to the point of villiany like the IDW version (but I have several others currently competing for that role), I see my Prowl more as a far more competent Animated Sentinel. Also, he isn't heartless he just believes that this really is the best way to keep the Autobots from corruption.

Attached Files: