Re-thinking,TF toys you hated now you like & vice versa.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Re-thinking,TF toys you hated now,that you like & vice versa.

What TF toys did you hate or diss but now find yourself actually liking the toy?

What TF toys did you like but now find yourself not liking the toy that much?
    whether it be you outgrew the mold. better versions came out. or the toy became obsolote compared to newer TF toy technology.

which TF toys do you still hate & haven't changed your minds on?

Okay I'll start.

TF toys I didn't like as much but think there decent now:

(1) Classics 2.0 deluxe sized sunstreaker/sideswipe toy mold.
    the toy isn't as bad as I made it out to be. it's a decent update homage to the 1984 toy character. the alt mode looks a lot like the lamborgini alt mode the 1984 toy had. both modes look decently designed. I think what changed my mind was the fact so many generations/reveal the shield toys are comming out & it will look great next to these 2011 TF toy molds.

TF toys I liked but don't like now:

(1) I loved the entire Generation 2 toy line when it first came out in 1992. Since I missed out on getting all the G-1 toys. this toy line was a dream come true. I even went to the extent of being a completist & collecting the entire toy line.
    when takara & hasbro released those reissues,those were pure awesome. thus the G-2 diaclone molds got all sold off. as the years passed,I slowly got rid of all the other G-2 toys that got released from 1992-1995.
    I decided Rid scourge had the better colors so got rid of laser rod prime. never liked G-2 hero prime so got rid of him & bought the better colored KB exclusive version in black colors. I kept 2 sets ( 1st set orange,2nd set yellow) of the constructicons in misb condition. I kept a few gobots from g-2

What do I still hate:

(1) That classics 2.0 prowl toy. that has got to be the worst thing ever. such a dissapointment in design,horrible toy engineering. the toy has awful stability issues in robot mode. it's super clear alternators/bt prowl & rid prowl are the superior toys.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

1. BW Neo Longrack: The whimsy of his design struck me as odd at first, but now I adore it.

2. ROTF Demolishor: The strange design won me over at first, but getting him to stand up just became so frustrating after a while that I took him back to the store and exchanged him for Mixmaster.

3. ROTF The Fallen: Bleh.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Disagreed on all counts. Every one.

You may not like the design, and that's fine. But I don't see where the figure has bad engineering. It's not like Grimlock's shoulders with the misaligned tabs or Ironhide/Ratchet's spine, so please clarify. Also, are you sure you pulled the feet out properly? Because stability issues is one I certainly don't have with all 3 releases I've gotten thus far (still need to pick up all three Henkei releases).

Anyway.

A figure I disliked at first but now like (and want) is Universe Silverbolt. I need to buy the Japanese release. Another one being Henkei Octone.

One I liked initially but grew to dislike is Cyclonus. Not that it's bad, exactly. It's just not all it's made out to be among the fandom. Quite frankly, I think Hound is a superior mold.

One I still hate is the Universe Onslaught mold. I even bought it and it does nothing for me. Silverbolt looks like Silverbolt. Powerglide looks more or less like Powerglide, despite now being a giant. Onslaught doesn't look like Onslaught. Doesn't even come close.

4. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

(1) That classics 2.0 prowl toy. that has got to be the worst thing ever. such a dissapointment in design,horrible toy engineering. the toy has awful stability issues in robot mode. it's super clear alternators/bt prowl & rid prowl are the superior toys.[/QUOTE]

love Prowl. Hate the paint. I've just got the henkei version because they say the paint stays on better. Thinking about re-painting classics Prowl with my white sharpie and then spraying on clear coat.

Hated henkei Ironhide because he was hard as hell to transform. Now I love him.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    How can Universe Prowl be anyone's worst toy since the creation of ROTF The Fallen?

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No kidding. I could name a number of molds that I dislike more than Prowl (though I really like Prowl). Galvatron and Darkmount to name a few.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Oy, what a can of worms this is.

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I rethough the Rallybots after I got them on Rollback for $15, I had some patience, and he does lock in pretty well.

I am pretty glad I did.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You said it. Time to sit back and watch the shooting gallery.

Funny how everything someone hates is loved by someone else. It's almost as if Hasbro and Takara are doing something right.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I love that ROTF "the fallen" toy mold. it's pure win/awesome on so many levels. the design has a very adult nightmarish spawn toy feel to it. I really like the jet & robot designs. any TF toy that mimicks humans mucles is a awesome in my book. the fallen like bw2nd galvatron does a great job of mimicking the human upper arms muscles.
    the rotf fallen is super poseable & has great colors.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

...What? I don't even...

12. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Used to like:
    ROTF Smokescreen: It looks really nice, and still does, but that mold... it's just bland.
    ROTF Dead End (Deluxe): It was pretty fun at first, although finicky, but then it got to standing. Not only do my hands shake as if I've seen a mass murder and and dozens of screaming children, the shelf I was putting him on is really shaky. I can normally put up figures just fine, but this guy has taken nosedives to the point of his head popping off.
    ROTF Dirge's LEGS: Don't get me wrong, I love the figure with a passion, I just dislike the legs. It's as if they're made of paper.
    Used to dislike:
    ROTF Mindwipe: I don't even know why I didn't like this guy at first. He's an amazing figure.
    Energon Prowl: He's pretty meh on his own. I also primarily used him as pants for deluxe Fatty Prime, but the other day, I decided to start screwing around with my Energon stuff, and Prowl got himself some Inferno pants. They look beautiful on him.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    used to hate and now i like? not too much actually
    used to like, but now i hate? movie lines and theeir aesthetic

14. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    1. I dislike some of the movie molds, like the fallen, dlx ratchet, wheelie, payload
    I get the whole alien form thing, but the fallen was terrible, he got his ass beat and people want a ldr of this guy...don't get me wrong I bought him, when he became 5$

2. My favs are the chugs line

3. Favs mold...lambo

15. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    I guess mine would be Energon Sluglsinger. The mold confused the heck out of me when I first got him. Just recently I picked him back up, and his transformation was actually a lot easier! (I guess comparably to the modern ROTF puzzles we have) It weirded me out because this toy really frustrated me a few years ago. He's actually a really fun figure!

Another one would be any G1 toy. At first I thought they looked pretty crappy compared to the modern day Tfs, but their structure and simplicity really grew on me. I absolutely love G1 figures now.

16. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Toys that I liked, but now not so much:

Alternators. I'm not crazy, but technologies changed a lot and I don't find them that good now. A whole car front as a chest makes for some weird looking bot with tiny head on top (like Jazz). Some can lack articulations, some are more hollow or kibble-tastic when looked from the side or rear.

I've repacked most of my Alts now and kept only those that I still liked the most (mold or character).

The thing they still have for them though is that they're still great ine car mode, full interior is a great thing :) 

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Didn't like but now somewhat like: ROTF constructicons. I always thought Long Haul was kick ass, but others like Demolisher and Rampage have grown on me as goofy as they are. I wouldn't say that I am overly excited about them, but I have decided that my movie display will need as many different construction vehicles as possible.

Few that I don't yet own, but now plan on picking up when I am bored and have the cash: The few Animated figures that I missed, Rescue Ratchet, Clear Lockdown, and Roadbuster Magnus. Don't know that I really like them, but I decided that I needed to complete my Deluxe or better Animated collection.

Ones I thought were great when I got them, but not too interested in:
    MP Megatron- just no urge to move it from where it sits. Still a decent figure, but there is something really goofy about his face.
    Most of the movie figures- Just not a priority and ran out of display room for now, so they are in boxes, aside from my HA figs, Prime with Jetfire dry-humping him, legends Ravage, Leader Starscream and Leader Megs.

Still love all my Classics, and my opinion on them hasn't changed, some were great, some were meh.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    animated deluxe bumblebee, at first i hated that thing but i like the mold now

movie one stockade/rotf gears has got to be the most dissapointing mold EVER, such hype that when i got it i literally out loud said, "really?"

19. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Universe 2.0 Tankor. Looked at him in the stores and thought he'd be terrible. Wife bought him incomplete at a thrift shop for me, and his Robot mode is a fantastic homage to the G1 toy, even if I don't have the second small gun or the shield cover.

Loved the idea of having a modern set of Constructicons from the RotF Toyline. After purchasing Mixmaster, Rampage, Demolishor and Longhaul, can't say that idea was great anymore. Aside from Longhaul, the other 3 are garbage and a pain to transform/display.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

07 movie Prime. When I got him he seemed like the greatest Transformer figure of all time! Wow, it looks just like Optimus Prime from the movie!

Then ROTF Prime came along...