RE: Spark Giving

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, May 3, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

So this so called "DreamWorks employee" says that Soundwave does not give up his spark for Megatron in the movie (which would be nice). Some others have said that Scorpinok could do it, but this doesn't make sense for two reasons: a) he has a Soundwave-Ravage relationship with Blackout so he would be more likely to revive him and b) he was seen in the teaser trailer jumping towards Jetfire in the Egyptian desert. So that discounts that. We all know that none of the Constructicons that were down there could have given the spark because they are all present on Devastator. So this is now a big mystery.

I think that Scalpel is actually reassembling Megatron while Long Haul, Rampage, Mixmaster, and Soundwave look on. He doesn't give to spark because he later interrogates Sam while Megatron holds him down. Plus he is so small. Who else would willingly give their spark for Megatron that is on Earth and isn't present (or isn't known to be present) later in the film? I think possibly a random Decepticon protoform that was seen in the trailer could have, but only figures were seen going down into the abyss in the first place. This "employee of DW" said there would be about 10 unnamed robots in the film.

I am so confused on this :banghead:  any ideas?

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the best solution...don't trust what you here especially from the "dreamworks employee"

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    nameless Decepticon #4?

also could be that Soundwave stole a spark from someone and implants it into Megatron

4. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

well you also notice the scene in the trailer is when he's assemble and being jumpstarted back to life so. it couldve been some protoform like you thought and theyve already tossed it aside.

5. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Megs wasn't dead and missing his spark. He was in stasis lock with his spark.

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Well, he needs spark to be revived so even if he is in status lock, he would need the spark of someone.

Off topic kinda: I hate how they have unnamed protoforms, how hard is it to pick a Decepticon to name cannon fodder? No one really thought about Jolt, Skids, or Mudflap until their names were chosen for characters, so they could be named after unpopular or lesser known Transformers.

I think that the final battle will consist of a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons coming down and fighting just for the final fight. Which could bring in Wheeljack, Hound, Springer, and other Transformers before rumored. This could also fulfill the 60 robot estimation.

7. buickanddeere

Megs came out of "stasis lock" before without soaking up anybody's spark.

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thread winner.

9. Bayless

because WallE why name something thats gonna fire a gun for a few minutes than end up dying.
    you wont know his name in those 5 mins of screentime. its a pointless effort

10. Autobot_Wall-E

Yea, I guess you're right :thumb 

I didn't fully understand the meaning of the term "cannon fodder" but why are people calling Jolt that if he seems to have a higher purpose than just a foot soldier?

11. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Ok. I'll admit it... I gave up my spark to bring Megatron back.In return, Soundwave made me a "Real Boy". Just like Pinnochio.

12. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

And he gave you those bootleg Ultraman DVDs.

13. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    what purpose is that then? act as product placement for a new car? waving his electric whips around so everyone thinks how cool electricity is and subconciously associates that with the electric car he was created to advertise?

also cannon fodder means worthless troops who are sent ahead of the important ones in order to die by soaking up enemy ammunition

14. buickanddeere

"Red Shirt" Deceptacons?

15. Bayless

LOL
    Star Trekformers