Customs: Re-shelling Alternators Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Oct 9, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

For my next project -and my first major one- I'm working on a reshell of Alternators Optimus Prime. Has anyone had any experience working with this figure to that extent? I could really use some pointers on this sort of project (besides referring to tutorials) as I've been finding him really hard to work with given the vehicle I'm using for the reshell (an El Camino- its a li'l bit smaller than the Ram that Prime is)

I'm mainly concerned with how I'm goint to relocate the wheels- as the rear wheels need to be brought forward- and what to use for the hinges. They were lost while taking the thing apart, and some where just plain missing already. I got him on the cheap so... yeah.

So again, has anyone had experience working with this figure? I could really use the advice :]

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'm in the middle of partial shelling the RAM mold onto a Ferarri 308 GTb. Being that the new shell covers everything underneath, I just filed out the area in front of it and relocated the wheels forward. The RAM molds legs are longer than most so the lower leg will be cut short and the feet relocated. (To fit the Fearri's length) There's a leg mod for this particular figure that allows you to gain some height with it as well. (See "how to" section)

I'll try to get pics out to you if needed.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

That'd be rather helpful, if its not too much of a problem :]