Re-Inventing Two Characters Into Rivals

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Gojira Prime, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I'm bored, so I'll throw this idea out there.

The idea is to take two characters from G1, Mindwipe and Wheelie, and re-invent them as archrivals. Why this is all hinges on thier origins.

Mindwipe was a scientist before the war and during the beginning of it. He worked for the Decepticons to develop ways of taking control of Autobot processors. He had been having diffculty with the technology until one day when he met The Fallen. The Fallen promised him the ability to control the minds of others for a limited time if he would submit to a reformatting process and join his "Holy Trinity." Mindwipe agreed, and he got his mind control powers, but at the cost of his sanity. He developed an extreme sense of sadism, and his experiments turned from serious scientific trials into excuses to slowly torture helpless Autobots to death. If he found the secret to permenant mind control, that was just a bonus. He also became utterly obsessed with death. He will often look for ways to communicate with the sparks of long-dead Decepticons (See, I kept that part of the character, I'm fan-wanky! Lurve me!). Upon arriving on Earth, he took to Gothic imagery and literature and developed quite a fondness for the day the Earthlings call "Halloween." He can control the mind of any Transformer within a 2-Mile range for 20 minutes. His weapons consist of a variety of knives and swords hidden in his body as well as a small laser pistol in his right shin.

When Mindwipe entered the war, the Autobots had no idea what to do. Thier grunts were being kipnapped left and right, and occasionally were returned in a state of either total dismemberment or psychological damage beyond recovery. Wheeljack adopted a "fight fire with fire" mentality and created Wheelie. Wheelie was meant to be programmed as if he had a history of mental instability which had been overcome. This would allow him to understand Mindwipe on a level no other Autobot could, and occasionally bring in the same ultraviolent, twisted meathods where needed. However, something went wrong, and soon after his creation, Wheelie went back into full psychosis. Now, he is a barbaric little savage (thank you Mr. Budiansky for that brilliant phrase) with an intense hatred for the Decepticons, to the point of being perfectly willing to kill his fellow Autobots if he felt they were between hima dn the Decepticons menace. To Wheelie, killing is an art. More often than not, he will try to arrange something elaborate for killing a Decepticon, something befitting of thier personailty or and act they've comitted. For example, if a Deceptiocn had killed a lot of humans, Wheelie would most likely put the 'Con into some kind of simulation where he would be subjected to all the different deaths he had subjected humans to over the years, until the shock and the mental strain shut down his processor permenately. Wheelie speaks in rhyming sequences, supposedly as a reflection of his self image as an artist. He regards what he does as high art, and feels that his speech should be artistic in some way as well. His weapons include an Energon sling (like what David used against Goliath), a laser rifle, and whatever bizzare, artistic death traps he thinks up for his next Decepticon victim.

So, there it is. Whadda ya think?

2. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I could accept it for Mindwipe, but that just isn't Wheelie. I was expecting you to say Wheelie escaped from one of the experiments which left him with his ridiculous rhyming style of language and he took it as his duty to take revenge on Mindwipe for all the attrocities he was witness to whilst in captivity

JL

3. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scary...real scary.

4. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I wanted an interesting dynamic between two utteryl insane characters. Mindwipe was a natural fit for the 'Cons, and Wheelie's G1 toy bio seemed to portray him as kind of nuts already. i figured they would naturally go after one another given those circumstances.

Way back, when I was thinking ideas for a G1 reboot (which I've abandoned, IDW had done that well enough), Wheeliw was more like Mindwipe, but when I decided Mindwipe would be kind of like the Joker with a gothic horror theme instead of a clown theme, I needed to give Wheeliw a more unique shtick, so I went with the whole "mad artist" angle. Which, like all my best ideas, came to me in the shower :p