Re-Formatting....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Simian, May 18, 2007.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Re-formating is something I don't see talked about much....Is this process gonna be shown in the film??...If so I don't think they should try to pull off some morph,
    otherwise why wouldn't the Bots just morph into new Alts from encounter to encounter.....

It seems like this process should be painful for them and maybe drain them of energy temporarily....I dunno...just a thought...

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's a difficult and painful process indeed (as shown by Optimus in BM) and is (for the most part) severly energy consuming.

Starscream was shown re-formating in the prequel comics. It's not like transformng.

We saw Prime finishing transforming after reformating in one of the T.V. spots, so I think the'll show it happen wthout actually showing the process.

3. frosthsky

frosthsky Well-Known Member

They show Bumblebee reformatting in the movie. The way it's interpreted in the movie is quite painless as far as I coudl tell from the script. Right before the Autobots arrive on Earth he changes to the new '08 Camaro.

4. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

It just seems if there was no consequence for reformatting (I.E. pain, energy loss) then they could just reformat all the time and they would never be able to keep track of each other.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I thought he was damaged so severly he had to be rebuilt?

6. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Thats something that really bothered me too. Its really stupid that they are capable of their own reformatting. Why don't they just keep changing to other vehicles all the time whenever they are spotted or noticed.

7. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

In the new trailer they show him getting shot at so maybe he did get rebuilt?
    I couldnt really tell which version they were shooting at but he looked dinged and scuffed up in parts so it could be the older model.

8. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I hope they cover it a little... my buddy wants to know why they choose their forms...

9. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Why would they have to? Even when they are spotted, they still look like any old car. Even in one of the trailers we see a truck that looks like Prime drive by only to see the real Prime on a hill. Basically they can blend in even if people know what their alt modes look like. Really, at least with the autobots, they just look like cars. They can just hide in the crowd. As dor the decepticons, they just don't care.

It's like where's Waldo. You know what Waldo looks like, but it's not always easy to spot him when everyone else looks similar.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, I think this might actually happen for the sequel to some extent. Prime will probably want the bots to get a smaller profile, so some of them may take new alt-modes, and the Decepticons will probably try and find one's that are more powerful. That way not only will this keep with the "Robots in Disguise" idea going, but give new alt-modes/bot modes to peek people's interests and make more toys, games, merchandise, etc. Personally, I'm hoping this happens. I'd love to see a movie version of a RID-type fire truck Prime.

11. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Nope. Not unless the final script has changed, which I doubt since so much of the old one is showing up in the trailers.

The reason for his reformatting is kind of lame too, that was one of the few things I wasn't keen on in the old script.

12. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Reformatting in the movie is definitely not like G1 or beast wars.

light SPOILERS!

Reformatting is shown in the movie, for both Bumblebee and the protoforms. It's a simple process, only it probably leaves the 'bot vulnerable ('cause they're busy reformatting so they can't defend themselves) for a bit. Also, while it's almost as natural as transforming to them, they need something to scan as a reference. I haven't read it, but it seems the prequel novel says they can do it from memory too.

The beginning of the "hidden" TV spot shows in fact the end of Optimus' reformatting.

You can also see it at the beginning of the movie prequel comic, where Starscream reformats from protoform to F22.

Bumblebee's reformatting is not due to damage, in fact the reason is much more, uh... not quite what you'd expect.

13. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

you must be one of those bastards who think cause they read the "leaked script" they know everything about the movie...look go the paranoia/ conspiracy nut route for a change...
    picture this, ya think that mabye just mabye bay, or spielburg, or hell mabye even paramount leaked the first draft on purpose? mabye to keep crazed fanboys like our-selves from raiding their sets/trailers/studios/mail for scripts to read ?i found "leaked scripts" for a lot of movies. and ALOT of stuff is correct...but also...A SHIT LOAD of stuff was changed by the time i saw the movie.

so finally, JUST BE GRATEFUL WE'RE EVEN GETTING A LIVE ACTION MOVIE! IT COULD BE BEAST MACHINES ALL OVER AGAIN!

(damn technorganics...)

14. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

he does it so Spike can pick up girls :lolol 

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

So their relationship is almost... symbiotic? ;) 

I bet reformatting is painless and not that physically taxing for TFs but the mental aspect is what keeps them staying with one format longer. I would think having to reinvent your physical self does wear down on your mental self image over time.

16. WheatiesBoy

WheatiesBoy Destroyer

Reformatting was very painfull in BeastWars, Alot of screaming. like when Primal went Transmetal 2, and when Ratrap, cheetor, and Megatron went Transmetal.

I hope to see at least one reformatting in the new movie. which I've heard that their is :)