Re-attatching MP Skywarp head...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anthony Adams, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Re-attatching MP Skywarp head...? (FIXED)

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where to put it.)

- EDIT - Got it fixed now. :)  My dad helped me. Thanks for the info guys. :) 

Like the title says.....

I need a little bit of help.

The head just popped off my MP Skywarp while I was transforming him from Jet to bot mode....That damn semi-ring thing got in the way, I tried to pull the cockpit assembly down to pull his head through, and it came off the ball-joint.

Now I can't re-attatch it. I''ve tried pushing the head back onto the ball-joint, but it just won't go, like the ball is too big for the socket or something, and when I try excessive force, the only result i get is aching finger-tips.

I've set the ball-jiont to point at a rightangle to the cockpit assembly, so the head would be completely upright if still in place, not it's still not having it.

If i this fixed, I'm gonna take a file to that ring bit and make it ALOT thinner, so the head will have more room.

I don't want to end up destroying the figure trying to fix it.

Any advice?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    get some pretty hot water soak the head for minuet then try it

3. Anthony Adams

just tried it, either didn't keep the head in hot water long enough, or i did something else wrong, didn't work. The head flew out of my hand and now I've lost it. The room I was in is pretty small, hopefully shouldn't take long to find it. Just hope i can, but i'll have to do it tomorrow now, with my parents' help. It's 12:15 am here, don't want to wake them up for this.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    From one side of the head, it's a bugger to get back on, the other side with the larger opening is easier. I've popped MP TC's head on and off a few times recently.

The metal ring doesn't need filed down, but the head does need to be lined up exactly right to fit. All my MP Seekers are in their boxes at the moment, but from memory the head needs to have his chin flat along the bottom of the canopy, and as far back as possible. I hated my first MP Seeker for exactly this reason, 'bloody thing won't TF without taking his head off'.

5. Anthony Adams

Which side is easier? I just tried looking for the head again, but can't find it.....Guess I will have to try tomorrow. Hope it's found, otherwise i'll have to take it back. Don't want to do that, i'm pretty sure they won't even accept it if he's missing his head.