Customs: Re-attaching pins

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Sep 6, 2006.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hi All,

I'm working on my first set of simple kitbashes, and have encounted an issue. The kitbasher's thread above provided absolutely invaluable advice on several things, notably removing pins and wheels using a soldering iron. It works like a charm, and I had no trouble removing the wheels from the toys I'm bashing.

However, now the time has come to re-attach the wheels, and I didn't see an entry for that above (I very well could have missed it, in which case I apologize for wasting people's time!). I'm concerned that, after managing to get the wheels OFF without damaging anything, I'm going to end up doing damage while trying to get them back ON.

So I'm curious, what it the preferred method for re-inserting pins? Hammer them back in? Heat them up again? Procure new pins of a smaller size? Any advice is extremely appreciated! Thanks, everyone!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    just push them back in, that'll get them started, then either lightly tap them or heat them back up

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm, really, that's all? Okay, cool! Thanks! I guess I just wasn't trying hard enough to get them back in, and was worried about cracking the plastic or something. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some special trick.

Thanks for the quick reply!