Ravage (with Reissue Classics Soundwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Larkin Vain, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

I just got this in today and as a kid i had ravage but the one with this reissue seems differne than my memory is telling me

First of all (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't the original split like steeljaw does in the body.

And secondly, wasn't the cassette side stickers? And was there always that image of that robot...looks like fortress maximus...

I'm trying to figure out if my 30 something year old memory is giving up on me already..
    [​IMG]

2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it looks like the same transformation and that sticker is new.

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree same transformation, same mold. Stickers might be new though. You might be talking about a different cassette transformer.

4. Larkin Vain

Ah so ravage had stickers? Cause this one doesn't it's printed on... which i do prefer more.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Fortress Maximus sticker is a holdover from Takara's Soundblaster. Instead of the tape spool sticker, he and Lazerbeak had spec stickers revealing Fortress Maximus' "weak spots", or such.

Or wait, I can see Lazerbeak's spool sticker, though. Did it replace the rubsigns? Either way.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Original Ravage transforms the same, and had printed cassette label (not sticker). the sticker in the tape window of the Fort Max diagram came from the Soundblaster release. I would've rather had the image of the tape, but since I have other Ravage toys, it's no biggie.

(whoops, beat to the punch)

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The central sticker (the one that is suppose to be Fort Max) is a hold over from the reissue Soundblaster mold.

When Soundblaster was originally relased in Japan he came with only Buzzsaw and the sticker was much like the old red decoder strip that was to show the weak spots of Fort Max (the remold of Blaster, Twincast came with Steeljaw who had a sticker showing the weak spots of Skorponok)

When Soundblaster was reissued both Buzzsaw and Ravage were given the stickers and as the Hasbro reissue is based on the Soundblaster reissue mold then they were both given the stickers.

Hope this clears it up.

8. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    G-1 ravage has a factory applied sticker for the cassette side. The first year he had a tape sticker where the robot is, similar to the laserbeak behind it. The mold looks the same as the original release though.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Um no, I OWN a series one Pre-rubsign Ravage. The only stickers on it are the center sticker showing the tape spool and the faction symbol on the all black side. The white tape detail is PAINTED. The reissue transforms in the exact same way as the original. The only differences are the fort max sticker and I belive the reissue has a rubsign. The series two and later vintage ravage, who I also own, also has painted white tape detail, the spool sticker, but now has the rub-sign on the all black side where the faction symbol on the pre-rub version is. Rumble, Frenzy, laserbeak and buzzsaw had the sticker tapes detail. The rest of Soundwaves vintage cassettes are all painted, ie Ratbat, Slugfest, Overkill, Squawktalk and beastbox, who I also own.

10. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

11. Larkin Vain

Reissue ravage does have a rub sign on the other side... didn't bother checking for laser beak.. you can see the rest of the pics here:

[​IMG]

12. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Oh sorry, I didn't have the figure in front of me and I couldn't check as I am at work. I must be thinking of Buzzsaw that has the sticker of the tape details.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My 3 ravages. The middle one is the brown version

[​IMG]

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

yeah original ravage's picture in the centre is of ONE PLANET BEING ECLIPSED BY ANOTHER