Minor/Repaint: Ravage (with custom teeth and panels)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by yodasmeagol, Aug 1, 2009.

1. yodasmeagol

yodasmeagol Member

Ebay:
    Hello there.

I just barely got into customizing my figures this week, and I have a lot of projects in the works. I've learned a lot from the boards about how to work with the process, and it has given me some great ideas. This is my first completed one, and was wondering what you think about it.

I (obviously) repainted it (little sloppy on the feet), in addition to roughing it up a bit with sandpaper. My favorite part by far is my added custom teeth (made of chopped up glue stick), those panels on the side of his head, and pieces on the rear heels that I saw in the CGI image that I decided to put in. I also chipped away some areas to make the tail able to curl up more tightly, and I snipped the spikes to make them a bit more sharply pointed (probably can't tell too much). I also made it so that the fingers on his front hands can move individually. I also added the pipe to the inside of his mouth, which is a good unique touch that really helps sell it a bit more.

Attached Files:

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    christ man resize your pictures

3. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Welcome to the RADICONS!!!!! Great job on ur first custom though!! I'm not sure if it's the texture that you were seeking or the paint. The paint apps looks a little wee bit too thick. Just a little :) 

4. yodasmeagol

yodasmeagol Member

Ebay:
    Ah, sorry bout the pics. Not sure I had that right. I'll resize them next time.

5. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Radicons :) 

The teeth are a little too thick compared to the needle/spine-like ones he had in the movie, but the paint job is good for someone who's just in his first week of customizing. The rough texture works well IMO because Ravage is suppose to look all beaten up after hurling through the atmosphere.

All in all, great effort :)  I hope to see more of your work here.

6. yodasmeagol

yodasmeagol Member

Ebay:
    Ok. Any tips on how to paint thinly (or make it look thin)? For this I just did a base paint of flat black and then added light dry-brushed silver to it.