Ravage USBs on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I found lots of Ravage USBs on ebay. They were probably cheaper than what the stores around my city (even for 8 MBs). Even shipping is free. But they are from China so they could be knock offs. Has anyone purchased any of those? Is it worth it to buy one of those USB Ravage for 8 MBs on ebay or is it not worth it because they are fake?

2. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    They're all KOs. As far as I know the official Device Label Ravage was 4GB and cost around 43.99-49.99.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... How much are the KOs going for?

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Around 1/4 or less of the price of genuine ones.

5. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    They are fakes. If you compare to Takaras Ravage, the KOs have a longer body.
    I bought one and it does work. So not too bad if you get it really cheap.

Official one only came in 2GB.

Depends on the size. 4GB are cheapest. about $10. Think some of the KOs went up to 32GB.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most are about $10 there is now a KO Device label Tigatron too but he doesnt have the stripe detail and has a deception symbol so looks more like glit/shattered glass ravage im hoping for a KO cheetor to repurpose as steeljaw

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Do any brick and mortar stores carry the authentic ones yet? Or are they only sold by online retailers?

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They were a Takara product, so here in the states, we importers are the only way to get them, whether we have a physical location or not.

Now, supposedly Toshiba, who is the electronics company Takara worked with on these, was bringing them to the States - at least Grimlock, Trypticon, Ravage, and Tigatron. But it has been a LONG time since that information was made known, and there has been absolutely no sign at all of it actually happening. So, whether it will actually happen or not is a complete crapshoot at this point.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I might bite on one of these :) 

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like a stick kitty but I definitely do not want a KO of this. Probably give my PC a virus or worse.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bought a Toshiba laptop in February and I remember there was a Device Label flyer in there for the USB sticks and mice. So they were pimping them, and I think it was a mail-order/online deal through them.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i got an 8gb KO ravage a few months ago and i love it... my Mac hasn't had any issues with it at all... and my KO was only 20 bucks shipped, while my legitimate USB Ravage from BBTS was 40... the KO is definitely a little bit bigger, but i still love it... I use it, and not my real one... cuz 8gb is much better then 2gb... especially for a computer nerd like me...

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    ...not gonna happen. Loading them up with viruses would just be more work (but formatting it first thing is your friend in any case).

I got one of them for $11 shipped. It's built well, but it's NOT the same mold. The head is WIDE, stupidly so. It looks goofy.

I'm not paying $40 for an original, but I can't really recommend one of these either. The head ruins it IMO.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    you know, if i remember tonight or tomorrow more likely, i can take a few quick comparison photos of my 8gb and my real one... MMM is right, the head is quite a bit larger, but i think it looks okay since the limbs are larger as well...

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    That would be great dude! Can't wait to see the pics.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i'll take them today... ended up not getting home til almost midnight last night, then i crashed out... but i'll get em up later...

17. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I have a real one and the ko, IMO the ko look like utter crap. Just buy a real one because it is a very good figure.

18. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I was looking these ones up today and found a fair few different sorts...
    many of them have blue logos on them..

But I found one on a black card with a purple logo and it's got painted legs all the others I saw the legs were not painted.

Since there is so many different ones I'd welcome some thoughts on which ones people got and if any are smaller like the official ones ?

This all white one seems to have a fat head and therefore seems to be the other mould people were talking about but some of the others look more like the real deal.

Any help appreciated .

New 4GB Transformers USB Flash Memory Stick Drive Pen on eBay (end time 09-Feb-11 17:01:35 GMT)

4GB Transformers Ravage USB Flash Memory Stick Drive on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 09:13:06 GMT)

New 4GB Transformers USB Flash Memory Stick Drive Pen on eBay (end time 09-Feb-11 15:55:47 GMT)

New 4GB Transformers USB Flash Memory Stick Drive Pen on eBay (end time 09-Feb-11 17:04:15 GMT)

Cheetas seems a bit cheaper is he legit or are they faking the boxes as well ?

Takara Transformers Device Label Cheetus USB 2GB on eBay (end time 05-Feb-11 14:31:09 GMT)

Please give a shout if you can contribute.

And if anyone can suggest a supplier for the mostly unpainted moulded in colour ones I'd like to know before I have to buy them from Ebay as I'd like an assortment of colours and actually if there is a 2GB version of the flat coloured ones like white (not stripes), all red and black (legs also black) that is all the better.

I'd also like to know if any other colours have yet been made like Blue or Yellow (no spots).. ?

19. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I have both and the KO is nowhere close to the original in terms of aesthetics. As mentioned, the head is different but also the body is elongated. So when it's in cat mode, there is a big ass gap in the middle of it's body (the real thing uses the USB connector to fill that gap). The KO really pales in comparison.

I jumped for joy when I found an original Black Ravage in a store for retail price because I couldn't even find them on eBay. I dunno if the situation is any different nowadays

20. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be careful with ANY flash memory sold on ebay. These things are no bigger then 4 gigs but they dupe the drive into telling your computer it has more. There is no way to reverse this but there is a way to tell actual memory.

Essentially if it sounds too good to be true...well.

If you just want the body and will add a different flash usb to it then go for it. But the memory is useless if it comes from China.